May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
soupbandit wrote:
Neto wrote:can somebody take some pics of the posters and stickers? please

thanks 8)

There you go :)

AAAAAH I WANT!!!!!!

Crossing my fingers at least ONE of these goodies comes tucked inside my vinyl pre-order!
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Eagle Minded
thingsthingsthings wrote:
rainier wrote:
soupbandit wrote:-Semena Mertvykh is the track from the Tomorrow's Harvest Transmission.

I knew it! That one reviewer saying airplane noise made me think it was this. Really glad this is in there, I think this song is amazing, but wow, what a heavy ending to the album.

It was a really heavy ending, I think as mentioned elsewhere without the static and some deeper undertones, it really hit you in the gut. It also got pretty windy by the end of the listening, so as the song tapered out it blended in to the sound of the gusts going by; pretty perfect actually.

cant...control... excitement... must... backflip...
you don't care to hear until you listen

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:working on it right now guys - sorry, by the time i transcoded and captured all the day's footage for editing and dropped it into the timeline it was 5am, i just had nothing else left in me so i hit the sack but got back up at 7 and have been at it since.
will have something for you guys as soon as humanly possible!

Puts it into perspective.. I was up until half 2 in the morning and then couldn't sleep when i got back into bed.
I had to be up for work at half 6. I think i got a few hours sleep thats all. i know i will feel it later.
But as for Paul what he has done and is still trying to do is above and beyond.. He deserves a medal. It puts it into perspective...

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
Synthetrix wrote:Perhaps that is why the album took so long to come out. Maybe they were apart for a while just taking an extended break before resuming creative output. I suspect that we will see some interviews once the album is released and maybe we'll find out what took so long. Hopefully we will not be waiting another 7+ years for the next one.

Ah, found it on bocpages - from the 10/05 issue of The Wire:

It's not as if these two aren't well travelled. Sandison once lived in London for a couple of years; they've lived in Edinburgh itself and, when they decide to take a break from their recording (and each other) to spend time with their partners, they're off travelling on the other side of the world -- Sandison mentions recent trips to France, Australia and New Zealand (where he's thinking of moving), while Eoin's considering a new life in Hong Kong with his Chinese girlfriend. Those are decisions still to be made, as their current live/work set-up is working well for them.

Interesting. At the time of this article, my then-girlfriend, now-wife and I were planning her move from Hong Kong to Los Angeles. I have been there many times and as a person who loves the natural beauty and elbow room of California, I would have a hard time adjusting to Hong Kong. I have been there many times. The food and shopping are great, but the crowded cramped conditions and brutal humidity are just not for me. At the same time as someone who grew up literally next door to Disneyland, I have no interest in visiting theme parks these days. Unless they are abandoned ones that is. :wink:
One other thing Josh told me is that Warp offered to fly them out, but they were not interested.
I feel that they are just content to make their music and have people who appreciate it buy, no matter how many or how few. Let's face it, they are not selling gold and platinum records and that is what you need to do to become wealthy making music. Touring to support an album often makes an artist more money than the album does, but they don't seem to care about that either. I know that I have no desire to perform my music live. FSOL were the almost the same way as far as live performance. At least they did some live radio shows. It's possible that they have regular day jobs to supplement their income. If I had to rely on music for my livelihood, I would be on the street.
In any event I am just glad that they do what they do and share it with the world when they feel the time is right.

Eagle Minded
thanks paul for your effort and time

you'll get it up when you get it up, dont kill yourself over there

Eagle Minded
While we couldn't be there, my little family and I enjoyed Tonx's ustream - my little one was just LOVING IT. She was freaking out with us to start, and had calmed down to how she was in the video once it started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJoIHMBMIg

Thanks for everyone's time and effort out there, and the forum for being so much fun! And of course the Bro's and Warp for making all this happen! I wanted to show how all the hard work was enjoyed and appreciated by my family and I! :D
Last edited by drixlin on Tue May 28, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:will have something for you guys as soon as humanly possible!

Thank you very much!

Sherbet Head
drixlin wrote:While we couldn't be there, my little family and I enjoyed Tonx's ustream - my little one was just LOVING IT. She was freaking out with us to start, and had calmed down to how she was in the video once it started.

Thanks for everyone's time and effort out there, and the forum for being so much fun! And of course the Bro's and Warp for making all this happen!

Omg that is the cutest. Tell Warp to start making boc onesies!

And also thanks for all your effort Paul!
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Boqurant
Amazing that those there were listening under the coke sign. Perfect.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:While we couldn't be there, my little family and I enjoyed Tonx's ustream - my little one was just LOVING IT. She was freaking out with us to start, and had calmed down to how she was in the video once it started.

Thanks for everyone's time and effort out there, and the forum for being so much fun! And of course the Bro's and Warp for making all this happen! I wanted to show how all the hard work was enjoyed and appreciated by my family and I! :D

Brilliant bud :)

J

Dayvan Cowboy

Ah, that's wicked. I dance like that too. :D

Sherbet Head
Yeah I was gonna say I pretty much did the exact same dance and giggle as your daughter last night
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
That was adorable:) I, too have to give my thanks to tronx and paul, et all. There was a moment a minute or two into gemini where I saw a guy in the front start kinda losing it/laughing in just the way I do at times like that. The rush of combined light and dark sounds and phased voices/static/who knows what just crashed into me in that perfect "holy shit, this is it" feeling. Like being a tiny pebble lifted on (or consumed by) a huge wave. It really seems to take you on a ride just in the first few songs.
I also noticed some people laughing at the weirder theories going around the boards, AND the fact that not everyone joined in the laughter. Right or wrong, they've been good fun and the chatter here did, in some part, help get those people there. It was very cool seeing the early ones show up and encourage others that it really was going to be worth the trip. Thanks again for letting us share in it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Really enjoyed the build up to this last night and reading the thread today, the sense of fandom and shared experience really shows the best of what the internet can do...really something to be proud of for this forum and everyone involved.
Unfortunately couldn't make it to 1am here....kind of glad I didn't though, as I still want to listen to the album with as few previews and preconceptions as possible (Reach for the Dead excepted).

New Seed
It was a wonderful experience...

the album was AMAZING. It's real deep....the last four songs where beautiful

Eagle Minded
A little slideshow of photos from the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJxlYbIUHo0

Dayvan Cowboy
Group Hex wrote:Label dudes and I also chatted for a bit about the brother's involvement, and the funny "mystique" that's built up around them. They acknowledged that while BOC has obviously injected a healthy dose mystery into their music and public persona, that it has all taken on a life of it's own. The consensus seemed to be that they 100% check in here and elsewhere on the net, just like anyone else. I can almost guarantee that they are reading all of these posts to see how it all went. They obviously prefer a heavy dose of anonymity, privacy, and feel no attraction to being placed on any genius pedestal. When I told Josh that the event had to be exactly what BOC wanted it to be, he told me "we've been sending them pictures and videos all day, and they are really really happy with the setting and the fans that came all the way out here! It's something they would attend for one of their favorite bands, no doubt. If they could break away from all the Satanic rituals and other cult practices, of course!" Regular dudes, remarkable talent.

One of the things I like about BoC (as well as the music) isn't so much the esoteric references and so on, but their desire for privacy and seeming lack of interest in anything but their craft. It seems to be a theme among a lot of music and art that I like. My favourite band is probably Talk Talk, who took a left turn to genius and obscurity at the peak of their success. Mark Hollis apparently gave up touring because he didn't believe it fitted with bringing up his kids, then spent the next decade and a bit making 3 albums of the greatest music ever written, in my opinion. Integrity is a trait I rate very highly, but unfortunately seems in short supply these days almost everywhere.

Boqurant
Ive got semi-good audio and hd video for the first four tracks. The first three tracks are on my tripod, the last track has footage shot in and around the waterpark and the local area. Im tempted to release the four track video as a whole. But we were specifically asked to not record HQ audio of anything after 3, and the very LAST thing i want is to run afoul of BOC. But my audio isnt HQ, just an iphone recording - but there is no wind. What do I do twoism? Release the three track video or the four tonight? Or maybe the three now, and the four when he album drops?

Basically there is a fine line between what is acceptable in terms of sharing this event to the world and what we were intended to do. I dont want to cross that line, and if i do the warp guys have my info and ill gladly take everything/anything down. I dont want to have to even have that conversation though.
Last edited by creativeowlet on Tue May 28, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
jcnporter wrote:
Group Hex wrote:Label dudes and I also chatted for a bit about the brother's involvement, and the funny "mystique" that's built up around them. They acknowledged that while BOC has obviously injected a healthy dose mystery into their music and public persona, that it has all taken on a life of it's own. The consensus seemed to be that they 100% check in here and elsewhere on the net, just like anyone else. I can almost guarantee that they are reading all of these posts to see how it all went. They obviously prefer a heavy dose of anonymity, privacy, and feel no attraction to being placed on any genius pedestal. When I told Josh that the event had to be exactly what BOC wanted it to be, he told me "we've been sending them pictures and videos all day, and they are really really happy with the setting and the fans that came all the way out here! It's something they would attend for one of their favorite bands, no doubt. If they could break away from all the Satanic rituals and other cult practices, of course!" Regular dudes, remarkable talent.

One of the things I like about BoC (as well as the music) isn't so much the esoteric references and so on, but their desire for privacy and seeming lack of interest in anything but their craft. It seems to be a theme among a lot of music and art that I like. My favourite band is probably Talk Talk, who took a left turn to genius and obscurity at the peak of their success. Mark Hollis apparently gave up touring because he didn't believe it fitted with bringing up his kids, then spent the next decade and a bit making 3 albums of the greatest music ever written, in my opinion. Integrity is a trait I rate very highly, but unfortunately seems in short supply these days almost everywhere.

Talk Talk were awesome and HIGHLY underrated.

Posts Quantity
YES.

Yes they were.

And I agree jcnporter. I've always though BoC had a sense of genuineness about what they were doing.
Last edited by NorthcutTAmnestY on Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada