May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
PlatrixECV wrote:
euue wrote:can i just say i really love that pretty much everyone here is respecting the band's wishes by only revealing the first three tracks?

Yeah, I'd be really pleased if the whole album didn't leak out early as a result of BoC/Warp doing something cool for some of the die hard fans.

I think the japanese release will be out days before the EU/US release.
Even the EU release is not on a same day. In Germany it is the 7th, in the UK the 10th of June.

Friendly Stranger
Here's a video I took of a bit of Gemini, sorry it's just a tease! (1.5 songs I guess was only .5 songs!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVte7Nt2 ... e=youtu.be

Sherbet Head
thinkdontpray wrote:oh and rainier, is that you in your profile pic? ive wondered that for a bit now

yep
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
bdzz wrote:
PlatrixECV wrote:
euue wrote:can i just say i really love that pretty much everyone here is respecting the band's wishes by only revealing the first three tracks?

Yeah, I'd be really pleased if the whole album didn't leak out early as a result of BoC/Warp doing something cool for some of the die hard fans.

I think the japanese release will be out days before the EU/US release.
Even the EU release is not on a same day. In Germany it is the 7th, in the UK the 10th of June.

I'm really glad people respected that as well. Going back and listening to the recordings from the event this morning, you really are getting such a stripped down hollow sounding quality compared to the strength, layering, and textures of the actual tracks. I think everyone is way better off enjoying these songs in their full glory as a first impression; plus after 7 years, what's another 2 weeks?

Eagle Minded
thinkdontpray wrote:Also the love that has been flowing on this board has been a big help for me as I'm going through a lot of shit in my personal life to the point where I actually wrote up a pros and cons of suicide. Not that I could ever do it because the cons heavily outweighed the pros and I'm not saying this to get any pity sympathy. I'm saying it because the stuff that's been happening with this board and its members has energized me with positivity and love. So thank you all for that

Best forum ever.

*Manly hug* I'm just assuming you're a guy but if not, my hugs are still pretty manly. I know how it feels as I'm sure a lot of people on here do.

That's one of the things I really love about this forum - whenever something big has been going down with regards to album teasers the number of "I love the fact we're all experiencing this together" comments has really put a smile on my face and I'm glad to see it's helped you with the shit you're dealing with.

Posts Quantity
IronMark wrote:"I love the fact we're all experiencing this together"

Amen... it's been a batshit-crazy ride and i'm loving every minute.

It's united "teh interwebz" in a way that hasn't been done before, and it feels good to look back on better days. :)

Posts Quantity
thinkdontpray wrote:id release HQ audio of the first three songs for sure even though we've already heard RFTD. but because BoC have been so good to us we should return the favor

i had a dream last night that there was a listening party at the top of te CN Tower in Toronto. the boys were there and i smoked a bowl with them while standing on the outside portion of the tower (those that have been there know what I'm talking about) we then jumped off without any parachutes and landed in this massive hexagon shaped airbag that had BoC in black on it.

yeah I know lol

I've always wanted to base jump from the top of the CN Tower. It's been on my bucket list for years. Imagine doing it while listening to the new album :D! what an experience that would be

Boqurant
so where are all the high quality recordings from the listening session? what about the guy with the tripod...

Eagle Minded
armotron wrote:so where are all the high quality recordings from the listening session? what about the guy with the tripod...

he is working on it this very sec.
hang on gang ... just want it to be mildly presentable.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Eagle Minded
thanks mark, i am in fact a dude and I appreciate the manly hug. Right back at you my friend, much love.

and todieisfun, have you done the edge walk yet? It's expensive but holy hell is it ever an experience. We did it last summer and I was mashed on edibles and while hanging over the side I had an almost out of body experience. It was so wild and I thought id be more nervous than I was when in fact I was mainly worried that someone working there could tell I was high as a mofo

rainier, let me just say that i think you're very attractive and the fact that you're a BoC fan makes you that much more awesome. :) plus I've always liked the flower behind the ear look lol

Boqurant
paul wrote:
armotron wrote:so where are all the high quality recordings from the listening session? what about the guy with the tripod...

he is working on it this very sec.
hang on gang ... just want it to be mildly presentable.

oh hey. good to know. you da man
Last edited by armotron on Tue May 28, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Has anyone heard from tonx? Did his mind just get totally blown and he wandered off into the desert or something? But seriously, that was cool of him to do*, hope he got home ok.

*I mean cool of him to stream it, not cool of him if he wandered off into the desert. Well that would be sort of cool as long as he didn't get eaten by coyotes or something.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
rainier wrote:Has anyone heard from tonx? Did his mind just get totally blown and he wandered off into the desert or something? But seriously, that was cool of him to do*, hope he got home ok.

*I mean cool of him to stream it, not cool of him if he wandered off into the desert. Well that would be sort of cool as long as he didn't get eaten by coyotes or something.

last i heard he was all high on peyote and howling with the wolves wandering off into the moonlight

Posts Quantity
Perhaps he's being held hostage inside some sort of BoC cult compound out in the desert because he streamed the first half of Jacquard Causeway. That's my guess.

Sherbet Head
rainier wrote:Has anyone heard from tonx? Did his mind just get totally blown and he wandered off into the desert or something? But seriously, that was cool of him to do*, hope he got home ok.

Lol. Man goes to Boards of Canada listening party in the desert. Wanders off afterwards. Not seen for 10 years. Reappears as Earth's savior.

Friendly Stranger
todieisfun wrote:

last i heard he was all high on peyote and howling with the wolves wandering off into the moonlight

Why the hell aren't we running to look to for him... to join in on the fun!

Friendly Stranger
To be honest I'm not really fussed about HQ recordings.

Out of the first three tracks, Reach For The Dead is by far the best.

It's clear that the gold is hidden later in the record. Like that Vine snippet that was posted. I can't wait to hear that song.

High quality recordings of the rest of the album would be incredible, but I am also glad they haven't surfaced, since that would be disrespectful to the band.

Thinking about it, it's incredible that such a hotly anticipated album hasn't leaked through other means. I know journalists haven't been given copies, but people in the manufacturing process must have access.

It just shows you how much people respect the band, or perhaps Warp has fiercely loyal employees. Very cool in any case.

Posts Quantity
thinkdontpray wrote:thanks mark, i am in fact a dude and I appreciate the manly hug. Right back at you my friend, much love.

and todieisfun, have you done the edge walk yet? It's expensive but holy hell is it ever an experience. We did it last summer and I was mashed on edibles and while hanging over the side I had an almost out of body experience. It was so wild and I thought id be more nervous than I was when in fact I was mainly worried that someone working there could tell I was high as a mofo

rainier, let me just say that i think you're very attractive and the fact that you're a BoC fan makes you that much more awesome. :) plus I've always liked the flower behind the ear look lol

no unfortunately i'm completely terrified of heights and i would probably need to be high on something to even consider it haha. it is pricey but well worth it and like you said it's a hell of an experience. and i think keeping everyone alive is the only thing running through their minds haha

Theylove you all.

Text?
BOC?
Carrier pigeon maybe...

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
todieisfun wrote:

He is fine. Enjoying some quality food.
http://instagram.com/p/Z3mgaBkvx0/

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada