May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
thinkdontpray wrote:you guys are so golden you know that right?

the fact that you got to experience something like this and want to share it so badly with the rest of us just goes to show what BoC fans are really like at the core

whatever you upload and whenever you get to it is just icing on the cake now

mmm icing

Thank you!

A little tease...
http://instagram.com/p/Z40mgRsHP9/

Im right there with you, Paul. This beachball makes me want to hurtle myself off a cliff... Especially knowing i still have the upload to youtube to complete.

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
Oh shit son. One hour of utter disappointment (minus that one awesome track they played at the Detroit music fest), here I come!!

Eagle Minded
Obvious troll is obvious.

Posts Quantity
That's a pretty mean thing to say about the guy for posting the entire album. Show some gratitude.

Boqurant

Fucking weak. (On the part of the uploader, not you)

Though i understand the complision to do it, why would you after being asked so nicely not to?

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:

Though i understand the complision to do it, why would you after being asked so nicely not to?

Serious dick move. It's no wonder the brothers are shut ins.

Posts Quantity
creativeowlet wrote:

I know, right? Warp even handed out water bottles to those people! Fucking water bottles, man! And this is how they're repaid.

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:you guys are so golden you know that right?

the fact that you got to experience something like this and want to share it so badly with the rest of us just goes to show what BoC fans are really like at the core

whatever you upload and whenever you get to it is just icing on the cake now

mmm icing

mmm caaake!

thanks thinkdontpray - its literally for the fine folks here at Twoism just like yourself. its also my own way to show some appreciation. i am still pretty jacked up from last night but feeling like a semi-nutter as well. watching this damned beach ball spin on my mac as i render the new video makes me wanna punch babies. but i refrain because thats not nice and its all for love anyway! :)

still gonna be a while - but i think it was worth the wait and that you will like the additional track! i find it rather delicious.

just wanted to make sure your efforts (and creatives and tonx) didnt go unnoticed

but it really pisses me off that some folks cant listen for shit. i understand its been a long wait and i understand the need to share. however what i dont understand is how a "fan" could go against the bands wishes. i know that no one signed a NDA or anything but if i was there i would want to hold onto the songs the general public havent heard because for a short time, those songs are your songs and you were lucky enough to experience a moment in BoC history

Eagle Minded
GeogEddie wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

I know, right? Warp even handed out water bottles to those people! Fucking water bottles, man! And this is how they're repaid.

the poster responded to my comment then deleted his reply:

Boqurant
tonx wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

Serious dick move. It's no wonder the brothers are shut ins.

I have to hope that it was ultimately expected to a certain extent. Its a shame but its the nature of things. I really hope the brothers are happy with the outcome. I hope they dont regret it and they know how thankful we all were to be part of <100 people in 8 billion that got to be there and a part of this all.

I didnt really get to say it monday, but thank you Tonx, for streaming and documenting. Ive been slowly going back through everything and your vine posts and ustreams are fantastic. 8mm for the internet age. I hope you enjoy my forthcoming video as much as Ive enjoyed yours.

Posts Quantity
tonx wrote:
GeogEddie wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

Fucking p2p pirate

Eagle Minded
free marketing my ass

Eagle Minded
tonx wrote:
GeogEddie wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

You can tell from his reply what type of person he is, "free marketing"...pretty sad, its unfortunate but expected, I for one as a true fan will be staying well clear of anything this guy posts.

Boqurant
I dont know that they could have been more clear. "Free marketing" is a poor excuse if that. Josh (from warp) was really great and itd be a shame to cause him or the brothers any undue stress.

On a positive note, my video is at 43%! I hope those who werent there get even a fraction out of it that I did. I am honored to be able to share this with the world, and thanks to paul- it will have great audio too. None of this windy leaked BS.
Last edited by creativeowlet on Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
hes right though, the boys did know this would happen.

thats why they asked for people to only record the first 3 songs

pretty sure the band doesnt need any free marketing and especially after the stuff they've being doing to promote this album

Boqurant
thinkdontpray wrote:hes right though, the boys did know this would happen.

thats why they asked for people to only record the first 3 songs

pretty sure the band doesnt need any free marketing and especially after the stuff they've being doing to promote this album

There is part of me that questions the whole "dont do it" plea in the frame of "they really want you to do it". Having talked to josh though, he seemed totally genuine in what he said. Band doesnt want anything recorded (HQ at the very least) of anything after white cyclosa. No reverse psychology.

Posts Quantity
Warp is pretty clueless if they didn't anticipate this happening. And if they did anticipate it happening and planned a "leak" as a marketing gimmick or some such thing, then they're even dumber because a lot of people's first experience of this album will be as an extremely low-quality second-hand recording.

Eagle Minded
realspiel wrote:
tonx wrote:
GeogEddie wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

You can tell from his reply what type of person he is, "free marketing"...pretty sad, its unfortunate but expected, I for one as a true fan will be staying well clear of anything this guy posts.

Is this cock on here?

He is bound to be.

If he isn't......then he isn't a fan. Doesn't seem that way to me anyway given his disregard for the bands wishes.

J

Friendly Stranger
Yeah it's pretty horrible. Hope the video gets pulled.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada