May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
chronical wrote:
MindElevation wrote:Oh man they are going to play a live set aren't they. Ohgodohgodohgodohgod

that would be.. sick.. :shock:

It's not that unthinkable! This album is an epic moment for them, just as it is for us. Surely they want to celebrate it in full force? I don't think their future albums (if they even make them) will ever have this much anticipation.

Posts Quantity
It has to be either a live set or listening party for the new album. Nothing else would justify the trouble to get this place set up for an "event", turning on the power to it, etc. It is not going to be another single release with a video like in Tokyo. There is going to be much more than 4 minutes of music and video there tonight. I hope we come away with some good footage or this or I hope it streams somewhere

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:See this comment: "Thank you for the comment Jackie, I was recently there a few days ago at that property (with permission) and took some video. It was cool to see people there starting to clean up the place,"

That comment was posted yesterday @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWLNm12 ... _J5ho2E6PI

What a coincidence?

'grneyedbndt' posted on this youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMJYcUpzf8E that "THEY JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT THE PARK WILL RE-OPEN BY 2015, THEY ALREADY STARTED THE CLEAN UP PROCESS....", so that may be why they're cleaning it up again.

Friendly Stranger
I live about an hour and a half away, but not convinced anything worth driving for is happening. If a live set happens I'll be super bummed.

Eagle Minded
also, tonx just tweeted, and I quote "!"

? interesting...

https://twitter.com/tonx

EDIT: and another since " I’ve been asked to be discrete in my tweeting. something will happen here. I don’t yet know what. laying low."

ZOMG! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by drixlin on Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
Tonx Tweet: tonx ‏@tonx 41s

I’ve been asked to be discrete in my tweeting. something will happen here. I don’t yet know what. laying low.

Eagle Minded
verandi wrote:I live about an hour and a half away, but not convinced anything worth driving for is happening. If a live set happens I'll be super bummed.

Congratulations on your remarkable achievements in Apathy.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Eagle Minded
Hitchhiking is the solution ;)

Posts Quantity
verandi wrote:I live about an hour and a half away, but not convinced anything worth driving for is happening. If a live set happens I'll be super bummed.

go.
do you seriously think all this trouble to just play 4 minutes of audio/video?

Sherbet Head

You kidding me? I would kill to live an hour and a half drive away!

Sherbet Head
WeHadNormality wrote:Tonx Tweet: tonx ‏@tonx 41s

I’ve been asked to be discrete in my tweeting. something will happen here. I don’t yet know what. laying low.

Fuckkkk. Something big is going down.

Eagle Minded

this is getting very interesting

Dayvan Cowboy

Last edited by Opothecary on Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Traffic! Dont these vacationing families know we are on a very serious mission?!?!
cutting it close but we should arrive just in time. under 3 hours drive left.

Camera is ready, new batteries in audio recorder. Feels like we are all part of something special here regardless of what "it" is!

Ill be preoccupied with focus and sound so apologies if I don't chime in much live, but will do my best.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity

Have many people started to show up?

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:

Image[/img]

Yes! Clay Davis.

Sherbet Head
All this is making me even more frustrated about what that whole red moon code was all about in 06 after I drove 4 hrs to the Pentlands! :evil:

Posts Quantity

if i were you i would definitely go out there just in case something happens. even if nothing happens, you'll probably meet some cool BoC fans.

could you imagine though if they did a live show or something? not likely but you would regret it your whole life if they did.....

just my two cents
Last edited by honeypower on Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
vanlorne wrote:

Have many people started to show up?

That cinches it as being something official with people and organizers on the ground

Intriguing

Boqurant
Anticipation definitely starting to rise. On the bright side being the other side of the Atlantic means I can't feel bad about not making the effort to get there.

Sounding awesome, I was sceptical about anything really massive happening, but that's steadily dissipating.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada