May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Morning lovelies.....

Well, how are we all doing today?

I had the shittiest nights sleep due to "Post-apocalypse-christmas-eve" excitement.

Well done to all of those who went all the way down to the event. I am glad you got something special for your efforts and special thanks to Tonx for keeping us connected.

Oh, and fuck you UStream :D

J

Posts Quantity
Group Hex wrote:Image

Say hello to the Hero (black shirt/jeans) of the afternoon/night, TONX! Cheers!

Posts Quantity
So envious of you guys that made it there, sounds like it was incredible. Good on you for keeping us all posted.

I made it til 2am(ish) UK time, listened in. Was supposed to be up for work at 6.50 but woke up at 7.45, I've had to call in to say I'm working from home - I'm definitely still a bit drunk.

Absolutely loving what i've heard so far, can't wait to hear it all in top quality.

Posts Quantity
congrats to all that made it down there! Sounds like an excellent time was had. Haven't listened to *any* of it as i no longer want to spoil the album and will wait for its release. Have read some of the comments that happened last night and sounds like it's going to be a truly awesome album, can't wait :)

Eagle Minded
Holy fuck, i just listened to Tone's intro video again.......obviously I am less blunted now than i was last night.

That is seriously loaded

I am so esscited.

Boqurant
Brilliant photos, well done all!

Posts Quantity
Wow i'm so happy some of you got to go and experience this album the way it should have been experienced . Hearing about everyones excitement and stories over the day really makes up for not being able to attend . Goes to show Boards Of Canada is more than just music .

BOC , Warp if you're reading please give Canada some event, anything or at least consider giving Canada a big break next album !!!
A B R A C A D A B R A
.A B R A C A D A B R
..A B R A C A D A B
...A B R A C A D A
....A B R A C A D
.....A B R A C A
......A B R A C
.......A B R A
........A B R
.........A B
..........A

New Seed

Awesome experience, so glad I decided to drive out there! Is anyone from LA going to have another listening party?
Last edited by NEXUS-8 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Vostok wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:i wonder how many people will respect BoC's wishes....

i bet most will

there must be one jerk to upload the full live recording...

Boqurant
mikektm450 wrote:In honour of a fantastic event and day... here's a lovely desktop wallpaper in a couple of different flavours.

I take no credit for the original image.

These are great. The top one is now my desktop background. Thanks for sharing! :)

Boqurant
Jinjur wrote:I had the shittiest nights sleep due to "Post-apocalypse-christmas-eve" excitement.

Haha, same here, dude.

Boqurant
So many great photos being shared on here. Makes me even more jealous I couldn't be there in person.

Tonx, I know a lot of people are saying it, but you are a hero.

Posts Quantity
Synthetrix wrote:One thing that I took away from my discussion with Josh from Warp was that the brothers have not left Scotland in a long time and have never been to the places in the RFTD video. The creative people found the locations and sent the brothers images and they liked what they saw and it developed from there. He was not sure if they had ever even been to Cali.

And well... this is interesting

Posts Quantity
Group Hex wrote:

Undoubtedly this has been mentioned, but I can't believe all this went on Under The Coke Sign!

irv wrote:
Group Hex wrote:

Undoubtedly this has been mentioned, but I can't believe all this went on Under The Coke Sign!

Great observation!

Sherbet Head
I love how all those events made the Forum incredibly alive, everyone happy and together to live those great things.

Twoism is forum number ONE boyz and girlz.

Boqurant
Geodesic wrote:I love how all those events made the Forum incredibly alive, everyone happy and together to live those great things.

Twoism is forum number ONE boyz and girlz.

This.

So very jealous - but very happy for - those who got to attend. Was sneaking in a look on Ustream on my phone while at work, with the sound off. In two minds whether to have a listen or just wait - it wouldn't ruin it for me, as it would for some, but I think I'd find it frustrating to not be able to hear the bass or other elements. Hoping for an early release!

Sherbet Head
i thought yer man, the American speaking, was gonna read them a book.
"so without further ado, Tommorow's Harvest..."

i was waiting for the 2 brothers to step out of that caravan, they know better of course

Sherbet Head
Oh god, I was up until half past 3 in the morning.. Hey, seeing as BoC told us not to record audio after the first 3 songs - why don't we have good quality recordings of Gemini and White Cyclosa? :?

Posts Quantity
Did anyone that go write any reviews about the album in this thread? (other than the one big post i think i caught sight of somewhere)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada