May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
So everyone meet at the waterpark.

Two minutes to the time stated you all split up and try and find the exact location within. (only one of you needs to check under the coke sign :roll:)

And then yell to call everyone over when you find it with cameras/field recorders ON.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Friendly Stranger
Look Sad Reel = Lake Dolores

Posts Quantity
WeHadNormality wrote:
Betterthanyourkids wrote: think its cool how they must know that we've been looking for the location

They're on here, I'm sure of it.

Or at least a WARP marketing intern...that would be more likely

Posts Quantity
Any skateboarders here?? ;)

and to the people going there... ENJOY THE RIDE! :D

Boqurant
Am I the only one thinking that we're, collectively, really good at this? I mean, most of the time, the clues are confirmed by a 2nd source, but we usually find the solution way before this.

We didn't need the exif data to find the location. And we didn't need the "Look Sad Reel" youtube video to spot the waterpark.

Yay Twoism!

Hey BoC, thanks for all this, but could you crank up the mystery a bit? ;)

Eagle Minded
Jinjur wrote:
paul wrote:
vanlorne wrote:Whoever is going, can you please document with quality video and audio tonight as well as accurate tweeting or posting here. You have had plenty of time to prepare. Its about time someone document this next event properly

on it. gear is prepped, batteries charged, cards have been formatted.
if it happens you should expect something from me - after i make the 6 hour drive home ...

ARE YOU NOT ON YOUR WAY YET? :P

remember to pack sammiches........and a five alive

J

leaving in just a few ...

the abandoned theme park thing is huge for me. i grew up in the swamp-lands of Florida (near Kennedy Space Center). in the town i lived in (Titusville) there was the Wonderland park created by Johnny Weissmuller (Tarzan). http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/wonderland.htm

it shut down in the 70s and as a kid, i would go there with my buddies during summer (i was around 13-14) and marvel at how earth was reclaiming this place full of lost memories. while i was in college a place called Splendid China opened in Orlando and is now too abandoned but eerily beautiful. most important for me was River Country/ Fort Wilderness (Disney) where i went as a kid. the water slides are still among my greatest childhood memories. if you youtube abandoned theme parks - there are tons of cool videos. i spent an entire day last year doing just this ... looks like one more trip down the rabbit-hole will be the best yet.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
Meta humor @ Look Sad Reel by BoC at 0:03, the advertising says: "that features the most exciting high speed [...]" and the word 'high speed' is pitched up/high speeded in the video.

Rodheh wrote:So the HI vid cuts out conveniently when it says "BRING THE KIDS" and "CAMP OVERNIGHT".

Hmmm.... :wink:

Sounds to me like BoC wants you to bring out your inner child and stay in the waterpark.

Yes, but also because these things you mention are meta references to both Music Has the Right to Children and The Campfire Headphase.

:^ )
Last edited by The Spaniard on Mon May 27, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:
Jinjur wrote:
paul wrote:
vanlorne wrote:Whoever is going, can you please document with quality video and audio tonight as well as accurate tweeting or posting here. You have had plenty of time to prepare. Its about time someone document this next event properly

if it happens you should expect something from me - after i make the 6 hour drive home ...

J

the abandoned theme park thing is huge for me. i grew up in the swamp-lands of Florida (near Kennedy Space Center). in the town i lived in (Titusville) there was the Wonderland park created by Johnny Weissmuller (Tarzan). http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/wonderland.htm

it shut down in the 70s and as a kid, i would go there with my buddies during summer (i was around 13-14) and marvel at how earth was reclaiming this place full of lost memories. while i was in college a place called Splendid China opened in Orlando and is now too abandoned but eerily beautiful. most important for me was River Country/ Fort Wilderness (Disney) where i went as a kid. the water slides are still among my greatest childhood memories. if you youtube abandoned theme parks - there are tons of cool videos. i spent an entire day last year doing just this ... looks like one more trip down the rabbit-hole will be the best yet.

So many fucking awesome places over there bud.

All we have in NI is cow shit and rain

:P

J

Eagle Minded
"They're on here, I'm sure of it. "

Really? *Waves crazily at monitor" HI MIKE AND MARCUS OMG IM UR BIGGEST FAN

Dayvan Cowboy
blastrid wrote:Look Sad Reel = Lake Dolores

Thanks, was wondering about that

Sherbet Head
is anyone missing the fact they also dropped out "FOR SPECIAL RATES"???

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
seanandcandy wrote:is anyone missing the fact they also dropped out "FOR SPECIAL RATES"???

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

It means, that i have just lined my fur trunks with yet another e-shit

That's about 3 in the past week.

Holy lord

J

New Seed
former Californian here,,, felt real lucky to be in Shibuya last week, now a bit homesick.... have fun guys!

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:
Jinjur wrote:
paul wrote:

J

For sure. I did a lot of exploration of abandoned places in my younger years. Here, we had the Long Beach Pike amusement park that closed in 1979 after more than 60 years in operation. I took these photos shortly before graduating high school in 1980.
http://www.synthetrix.com/pike01.html

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
hi lens!

Eagle Minded
So at the end of that video.......looks like the arcade.

JUST SAYING LIKE!

:|

J
Last edited by Jinjur on Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Seed
Was on the fence about driving 12+ hours from the Rocky Mountains.

Now kicking myself for not just jumping in the car and doing it.

I really hope I don't regret this for the rest of my life.

Dayvan Cowboy
I find it interesting how much LA street culture has found its way to the park.

Eagle Minded
man i don't even know what's going on with this hellinterface vid, they didn't really acknowledge Yermo when people had gone there but this is just nuts.
about 10 (?) hours to go, good luck everyone who's making the trip.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada