May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
alrighty, heading out now. drive safely everyone. hope to get some nice pics.

seeya later

Friendly Stranger
Enoch wrote:I just wrote a story about this weeks ago. Kinda surreal that it's being mentioned right now.

link to story

Edit: In case you're wondering, the last edit was on May 1st. Screenshot. It was for a class, so it's not amazing, stellar material. Just neat how it's being mentioned now. I mainly wrote it because of Under the Coke Sign, which always reminds me of that large Coke tower.

What the? :shock: But how? :o What are the chances?!

Dayvan Cowboy
NuevasSemillas wrote:Tonx tweeted: https://twitter.com/tonx/status/339103356452757504

"I have arrived at the watermark. there are a handful of people here preparing for an “event”. #boardsofcanada"

It's good to know that people have signal out there to get online.

Boqurant
Coincidences. Though, I am curious why things might be happening there specifically.

Dayvan Cowboy
Enoch wrote:Coincidences. Though, I am curious why things might be happening there specifically.

It may have just made good business sense - the "new owner" is apparently trying to drum up investors, and having Warp rent out a place that ties into the BoC aesthetic for a night might be helpful in getting them off the ground.

Eagle Minded
this is bonkers

Boqurant
Enoch wrote:I just wrote a story about this weeks ago. Kinda surreal that it's being mentioned right now.

link to story

Edit: In case you're wondering, the last edit was on May 1st. Screenshot. It was for a class, so it's not amazing, stellar material. Just neat how it's being mentioned now. I mainly wrote it because of Under the Coke Sign, which always reminds me of that large Coke tower.

I keep thinking about the band's description of The Campfire Headphase: "and 'The Campfire Headphase' is pretty much an imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain. So we’re re-setting the clock now to a point where it’s all about structured tracks with simple, instantly gratifying melodies again."

That, partnered with the related imagery out there in the desert (Coke sign, Skyline, hexagonal salt flats in Badwater, etc.), makes me very intrigued as to how they tied all this in together.

Sherbet Head
Oh man they are going to play a live set aren't they. Ohgodohgodohgodohgod

Boqurant
This isn't the first coincidence I've had with this ARG, but I won't mention it because it sounds unbelievable. Feel free to PM me if you're curious, though. It was just a "you had to be there" moment, if that makes sense.

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:Oh man they are going to play a live set aren't they. Ohgodohgodohgodohgod

that would be.. sick.. :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:Oh man they are going to play a live set aren't they. Ohgodohgodohgodohgod

In the desert? As awesome as it sounds I doubt it very much, unless it's for die-hard fans and I just don't see that happening but heh, who knows

Dayvan Cowboy

It's almost too much to hope for - if they do, I hope they are pro-recording devices, ala most jambands. I have a feeling it will just be a projection system where they either play Cold Earth or the full album. I seem to remember them mentioning at some point that international shows would be a no go for personal reasons (maybe one of them is afraid of flying?)

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:

It's almost too much to hope for - if they do, I hope they are pro-recording devices, ala most jambands. I have a feeling it will just be a projection system where they either play Cold Earth or the full album. I seem to remember them mentioning at some point that international shows would be a no go for personal reasons (maybe one of them is afraid of flying?)

My guess is that since they have people drive out to that desolate spot there are likely going to be some perks, t-shirts or thingies, it's not for the average fan who just says cool, some people will have driven half a day to get there, to just watch a projection would seem a bit rude, however they will meet other boccers so, yeah that's nice! ;)

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:

In the desert? As awesome as it sounds I doubt it very much, unless it's for die-hard fans and I just don't see that happening but heh, who knows

Well the beauty of the internet is that even if only 50 people show up, either Warp will professionally record it, or the attendees will, and it will serve its purpose to a larger audience. I'm sure a small audience is what they would want anyways!

I am pretty skeptical about a live set though, as overdue as we are for one!

Eagle Minded
i would chill under that coke sign i the hot desert.

im 6 hous away from yermo so if they play a live show... kill meh...
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Posts Quantity
MY HEAD WILL BLOW UP! IT'S IN 4H!!!
Last edited by F. on Mon May 27, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
On my way as well.....

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:

I'm probably just getting carried away. I agree, it's probably gonna be a listening party type thing. It just seems like too big of a deal to have all these people turn up just to hear Cold Earth though.

Eagle Minded
Nothing of value to add to the speculation - but just have to wish those who make the trek out a safe trip!

Take care, and enjoy yourselves! Hopefully, for the rest of us, you guys have a great time and can share your experiences!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Boqurant
Good luck, everyone. Be safe.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada