Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Sun May 26, 2013 10:30 pm

OK, so I'm chatting about this with someone right now and we can't work out what's actually going on here. I get the venue, etc but what do we think it's actually going to happen?

Doesn't make sense to show the Reach For The Dead video again. A full-album listening party would be odd in such an open space as presumably it would be impossible to stop bootleggers (unless they're accepting it will leak and figure 'why not'??).

Couldn't really be a live show could it?!?

Oh me, oh my how they toy with me....

Sun May 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Goodness it's been nearly every week since April 20th for these guys. Awesome. This is certainly the most promoted BoC record to date. My wish a DVD companion for TH? An EP? Reality...just some more bad ass promotion to make the wait for the album even more pain staking now that we are so close. Win win either way.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Here is a map that shows the distance between the gas station and the new area of the water park.
http://imgur.com/vUgVFdI

I am about 2 hours away. If I leave new I can make it. Should I go?

Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 pm

nsputnik wrote:Here is a map that shows the distance between the gas station and the new area of the water park.

Of COURSE you should go!!! Go you fool!!! Drive!!! Drive like the wind!!!! :shock:

Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Mexicola wrote:OK, so I'm chatting about this with someone right now and we can't work out what's actually going on here. I get the venue, etc but what do we think it's actually going to happen?

Doesn't make sense to show the Reach For The Dead video again. A full-album listening party would be odd in such an open space as presumably it would be impossible to stop bootleggers (unless they're accepting it will leak and figure 'why not'??).

Couldn't really be a live show could it?!?

Oh me, oh my how they toy with me....

If there is a large screen like people say I think the most logical thing is that there is another single + video.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Maybe it's a projection of another video; another track, I don't know...

Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 pm

nsputnik wrote:Here is a map that shows the distance between the gas station and the new area of the water park.

It's tomorrow, not tonight, so you've got plenty of time.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 pm

rainier wrote:

It's tomorrow, not tonight, so you've got plenty of time.

Oh yeah! I so got excited I didn't realize thatl

My answer stands :wink:

Maybe there's a secret recording studio under the gas station...

Now im just saying things because I cant make it to Yermo... Someone bring a camcorder and dont let any big bouncers tell you otherwise.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Last time there were two singles:
Oscar See Through Red Eye & Dayvan Cowboy.

So another video/single release is highly possible.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Hmmm. Seems odd they'd be released so close together though???

interesting
Last edited by RedMarauder on Sun May 26, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can't see it being a live show, for many reasons. But I haven't a clue what it could be, I don't think it would be good to somehow show the Reach For the Dead video / track again, would disappoint me a bit anyway. But struggling to think of what it could be. Seems an odd place to have much going on at 5pm on a Monday? Compared to that super busy junction in Tokyo.

Also, if the water park is 2hrs away from the location stated (the petrol station and surrounding areas) then why are people talking about it?

Sun May 26, 2013 10:41 pm

GH wrote:Both Tommorow's Harvest and the birth of my child are due on the same day, and either, or both could happen early.

Aaaaaarghhhh!

Wow.. That must be a huge honor man. Cheers to you and baby GH. For possibly having a legendary birthday.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 pm

DaveJ wrote:I can't see it being a live show, for many reasons. But I haven't a clue what it could be, I don't think it would be good to somehow show the Reach For the Dead video / track again, would disappoint me a bit anyway. But struggling to think of what it could be. Seems an odd place to have much going on at 5pm on a Monday? Compared to that super busy junction in Tokyo.

Also, if the water park is 2hrs away from the location stated (the petrol station and surrounding areas) then why are people talking about it?

The gas station and water park are 8 miles apart, but 2 hours outside of LA.
Last edited by nsputnik on Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 pm

cold earth next single, calling it now

Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 pm

DaveJ wrote:I can't see it being a live show, for many reasons. But I haven't a clue what it could be, I don't think it would be good to somehow show the Reach For the Dead video / track again, would disappoint me a bit anyway. But struggling to think of what it could be. Seems an odd place to have much going on at 5pm on a Monday? Compared to that super busy junction in Tokyo.

The old Lake Dolores waterpark is roughly in the center of the announcement JPEG. It's about a 2.5 hr drive from L.A.

Keeoaddi wrote:cold earth next single, calling it now

i'll throw my hat in with this too

2 hours away from Barstow, I noticed MDG mentioned on WATMM that "there haven't been any listening parties yet".

yet indeed.
Post a reply