Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Tue May 28, 2013 2:20 am

rainier wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:Almost 4am... I'd better get some sleep now.

I'll just leave this here: Lake Dolores.

'Dolores' is Spanish, and by the way, the name of my grandma. 'Dolores' means 'pains', not a very commercial/popular name for a 'magic water world', isn't it?

ha well these places are usually pretty dangerous so perhaps it's fitting. Action Park in new Jersey was a real death trap.

We'll probably be hearing from the folks who heard the who heard it all pretty soon. It must have been a great experience, wish I could have made it, but I'm beast coast these days.

Ha! I'm a Jersey Shore native (not a seasonal guido). I remember Action Park. Flashback! That place was fuct.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 am

I just wanted to thank tonx. You seriously deserve a holiday or something. I would've gone crazy if i couldn't have at least been there through proxy. Sure, it would drop out and the ads sucked, but id say it was pretty good considering he downloaded it on the fly by the suggestions of the board. KUDOS!

Tue May 28, 2013 2:27 am

Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 am

With basically infinite free time on my hands until the album launch I too am hopeful of a Scottish promo.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 am

sleepysilverdoor wrote:Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

haha me too. i think they should bring that trailer to the marfa lights observatory and do a loop of the record on a nice clear night for some serious ufo viewing....

Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 am

sleepysilverdoor wrote:Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

Are you calling out for a Texas meet-up sometime soon to maybe listen to the new lp, on a loud PA.? I could host in East Downtown Houston.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am

!!
Last edited by ski_stoned on Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am

Torn n Frayed wrote:

Are you calling out for a Texas meet-up sometime soon to maybe listen to the new lp, on a loud PA.? I could host in East Downtown Houston.

Count me IN!! I would host but I will be in the middle of a move when the Album is released.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:42 am

harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:47 am

paul wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.

PAUL! You came through! your'e my hero! No seriously. Will it be posted or should i give you my email?

Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 am

[quote="paul"][quote="harpoon dodger"]BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D[/quote]

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.[/quote]

Thoughts on the album in a sentence or two?

Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 am

Helicoid wrote:
Torn n Frayed wrote:

Count me IN!! I would host but I will be in the middle of a move when the Album is released.

I have a room in Francisco studios right near the new Dynamo stadium that has a decent JBL PA and a sub hooked up that could be a nice hosting spot. Anyone else in Texas that wants to meet up for a listen chime in.

Tue May 28, 2013 2:54 am

Torn n Frayed wrote:
Helicoid wrote:
Torn n Frayed wrote:

I have a room in Francisco studios right near the new Dynamo stadium that has a decent JBL PA and a sub hooked up that could be a nice hosting spot. Anyone else in Texas that wants to meet up for a listen chime in.

So wait, you have a studio? Album listening party, then improv interpretation of said album!! :) just a thought....

Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 am

honeypower wrote:
Waterbagel wrote:Dammit, will someone fill this poor bastard in!

they had a 'tomarrows harvest' listening party at some abandoned waterpark in southern california i believe. somewhere in the desert out there.

bunch of people went, one guy called 'tonx' live streamed the first 3 or 4 tunes for us, but at BoC's request shut it off eventually

Many thanks for the recap!

Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

You know the whole thing was definitely recorded.

Some guy with the field recorder in his pocket will upload it later tonight.

Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

Figured I'd chime in. I'm still in shock after that listening. I'm sincerely attempting to not be hyperbolic just for the sake of it, but that was probably the greatest album I've ever heard. At the very least, it was hands down the best album listening experience of my life. I'm still in a daze. My heart has utterly melted. Those of you who couldn't make it, you have a lot to look forward to.

Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 am

Rodheh wrote:You know the whole thing was definitely recorded.

Agreed. It will be hard to resist knowing I've already heard the beginning.

Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 am

Helicoid wrote:

i feel good that i literally turned it off upon hearing the end of the welcome statement. i hope i wont be tempted any further until an "official" listen

Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 am

Helicoid wrote:

Resisting? :roll:

Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 am

kennychiwa147 wrote:Figured I'd chime in. I'm still in shock after that listening. I'm sincerely attempting to not be hyperbolic just for the sake of it, but that was probably the greatest album I've ever heard. At the very least, it was hands down the best album listening experience of my life. I'm still in a daze. My heart has utterly melted. Those of you who couldn't make it, you have a lot to look forward to.
thanks kenny! just the little from the feed did me in. glad you were there.
Post a reply