May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Neto wrote:can somebody take some pics of the posters and stickers? please

thanks 8)

https://twitter.com/bocpages/status/339246415433838592

Boqurant

thanks 8)

The poster is just the album cover and release date... I thnk same thing floating around that will come with the Japanese release .

Stickers:
Image[/img]

New Seed
A decade ago BOC kickstarted the fire inside me that burns to experience music. It would have been an honor to shake their hands however, this dance in the desert with their synthetic spirits echoing through the ghostlands will suffice.

Posts Quantity

thanks 8)

There you go :)

Eagle Minded
Group Hex wrote:Before I throw my two cents in, I gotta say something to all those who made the drive today: How good was that shower when you got home? Hope yours was as momentous as mine.

So, today.....

The setting was absolutely perfect. The desert has always been a second home to me, and with the addition of the abandoned water slides, buildings, graffiti, clipped palm trees, staircases, and general post apocalyptic vibe it was just ideal. The strangest part about the location for me was that I remember coming to the park as a kid. As I stood at the top of the now crumbling towers, I vividly recalled being launched down a slithery tube to a pool of blue water below. And now here I was, strolling around the shell of a water park. But for an entirely different reason, and with eyes that have seen a lot since then.

The weather was great, parking plentiful (ha!), and perfect for random photos. I ran into a good friend straight away, who was actually there for a totally unrelated photo shoot! She had no idea about the BOC event until she arrived, but is a fan and stayed for the album premiere. Sawa!

The amount of random stuff strewn about was really cool, I found some kids playing cards, weird old necklaces, and took home a "Welcome to Lake Delores" sign.

Not much to add about the album......it was incredible. The wind and surroundings obviously boosted the experience of hearing it for the first time, but as someone noted already it'll take on different forms the more you listen to it. Headphones will be an entirely different experience, listening in the car, etc. It absolutely shows progression, a palate both familiar and refined. As I heard someone say on the way out, "not as warbly as other albums, but still has that strange and haunting thing going on". Enough beats and atmospheric passages to satisfy fans of all of their work. I loved the silence between tracks, as everyone waited for the next to begin. It was a meaty length (shut up), and I couldn't help wishing for more when it was over. But for some odd reason which I can't explain - it felt kind of final to me. Who knows, this may the last we hear of BOC. More than likely not, but it was a vibe I couldn't help but feel. Hmmmm....

The crew were really nice guys. The dudes who brought out the PA gear used to work with a friend of mine, so we traded a few quick stories about him. And the english guy from Warp, Josh I believe? Nice guy as well, and we talked about how my father mastered the "Broken Drum" remix they did with Beck years ago. Kudos to them for helping bring this day to fruition.

I also talked to the property owner a bit, who said he's planning on re-opening the water park with an added RV park and possibly a motorcross track. Seems far fetched, but who knows? Maybe we won't see it the way if was today for very long......

I have some pictures I'll post when I get them loaded up, and if anyone is really desperate for a sticker - send me a PM and an address. I have maybe ten I could part with.

More later, I'm fried. This post is gonna look bizarre to me after I get some rest, so excuse the rambling.

Yes the shower was great. Nice summation. Thanks.

Posts Quantity
PlatrixECV wrote:
bdzz wrote:
can you tell which one is this track?
https://vine.co/v/bVlimJ9aTvV

I think it's Split Your Infinites but I am stating that mostly off checking the time stamps on tonx vine uploads. That one was 16 minutes after (5:10) one that is for sure during Cold Earth (4:54).

Thanks! But maybe it is the next track, Uritial. The Quiteus description fits in:
"This is a short instrumental piece that drones like a buzzing fly trapped in a jam jar – or maybe a synthesised didgeridoo."

Boqurant
bdzz wrote:
PlatrixECV wrote:
bdzz wrote:
can you tell which one is this track?
https://vine.co/v/bVlimJ9aTvV

I think it's Split Your Infinites but I am stating that mostly off checking the time stamps on tonx vine uploads. That one was 16 minutes after (5:10) one that is for sure during Cold Earth (4:54).

Thanks! But maybe it is the next track, Uritial. The Quiteus description fits in:
"This is a short instrumental piece that drones like a buzzing fly trapped in a jam jar – or maybe a synthesised didgeridoo."

Comfortable saying it is not Uritial. That one was distinctive. Buzzing. drone. And I think but am not certain it was beatless.

Posts Quantity
Such a great moment! Thanks a lot to TONX & forumers for the stream, pics, reviews & for the 2h of sleep only!
So today...same exitation but in Paris!
Twoism big hug!

Eagle Minded
Here's the link to my video from when RFTD was playing.

http://youtu.be/0BIv8Kd2kMo

Friendly Stranger
What a fucking AWESOME day! I'm super tired and will keep it short, but I uploaded some pics/vids to a tumblr page if anyone would like to check it out: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/macromicromusic

Can't wait to listen to this album on repeat for a year straight!

Boqurant
We're back, we're tired. Uploading audio and photos, converting RAWs. Transcoding video footage to prores. Catching up on social media. On page 31 of this thread >_< what an amazing experience. @neonheatdisease and @creativeowlet on instagram for some pics to tide you over

Posts Quantity
Pardon the hokey iPhone app pics, I was kinda distracted and sleep deprived.....

Posts Quantity
Synthetrix wrote:Here's the link to my video from when RFTD was playing.

G O O S E B U M P S ! ! :D

Sherbet Head
I've had three hours of sleep, closing the laptop before Jacquard Causeway. Haven't listened to anything beyond JC on Vine or YT this morning so I don't spoil anything for myself until the cd drops. Seriously, to those of you that made it there and blogged and recorded everything, from those of us that were thousands of miles away staring into laptops, thank you :D (Tonx - AWESOME job !)

Also for the record, last night on here was fucking incredible. *lights post-Twoism party cigarette*

Eagle Minded
How the hell are we supposed to wait until June 10?!

Posts Quantity
Honestly...a first listen with such poor audio quality is very very very frustrating!
Jus as many, from now on i will keep my hands off any crappy leaks to enjoy a proper first listen when it's all officially released. I think the "Jacquard Causeway" video doesn't do it justice at all! The only track I truly "felt" was "Gemini" = Ready Let's Go + Red Moss' fanfare + Poppy Seed's loop = sweet!!
Thank you all for sharing anyways...ENJOY HIGHT TIMES ARE ON THE WAY!
x

Eagle Minded
Macro Micro wrote:What a fucking AWESOME day! I'm super tired and will keep it short, but I uploaded some pics/vids to a tumblr page if anyone would like to check it out: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/macromicromusic

Can't wait to listen to this album on repeat for a year straight!

Cool pics/vids. Thanks!

Friendly Stranger

There are NO better days...

Eagle Minded
F. wrote:

Yes that was one of those lucky magic moments.

Posts Quantity
Synthetrix wrote:
F. wrote:

Yes that was one of those lucky magic moments.

This was the girl I mentioned in my post. Too cool :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada