Clip at Movement Electronic Music Festival

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
oh wow this sounds amazing, much heavier than reach for the dead

Dayvan Cowboy
If that's BOC it's rather very different
not in a bad way
ok I am not listening again, June 11th cannot come fast enough! Come on, release the MP3's already!

Posts Quantity
rainier wrote:Did they specify whether there's a new video to go with it too? If there is I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

from what i read, the warp logo appeared on a big screen, followed by a BoC logo and then the audio

Eagle Minded
Im actually kinda upset i listened to it... What a crappy way to hear a new boc tune.

maybe it wasn't them..... (probably was)
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Eagle Minded
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t55e34dihs8ad ... 202013.mp3

mp3 link for people who cant play .aif's

its really bad quality but its still great

Eagle Minded
Damn, can someone upload to soundcloud or something, por favor?

Dayvan Cowboy
Sounds like classic BoC to me. Much more like previous work than RFTD. But yeah, crappy quality recording.

Friendly Stranger
I would recommend holding off on listening, tbh...the audio is super low quality and distorts like crazy. It hardly even gives you an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like.

Dayvan Cowboy
mmm nice drums

Happy Cycler
SmilingHobo wrote:I would recommend holding off on listening, tbh...the audio is super low quality and distorts like crazy. It hardly even gives you an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like.

It sounds like shit as far as I can tell.

I mean not just the sound quality, if there are redeeming factors to this track they are inaudible in this recording because the melody certainly isn't going anywhere and that likely means it's a track driven by intricate percussion/atmosphere details. It doesn't sound like BoC at all to me, it sounds generic.

But again, 90% of that I'm sure is simply because the recording is awful.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:
SmilingHobo wrote:I would recommend holding off on listening, tbh...the audio is super low quality and distorts like crazy. It hardly even gives you an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like.

I mean not just the sound quality, if there are redeeming factors to this track they are inaudible in this recording because the melody certainly isn't going anywhere and that likely means it's a track driven by intricate percussion/atmosphere details. It doesn't sound like BoC at all to me, it sounds generic.

Your words scare me, Rodheh
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Happy Cycler
PlacentaSand wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

Why? Because I'm not acting like this terrible recording that does no service to their music even remotely sounds amazing? I'm not saying the song sucks, I haven't heard it properly, but its depth is probably not audible on this recording.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:

define generic

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

Why? Because I'm not acting like this terrible recording that does no service to their music even remotely sounds amazing? I'm not saying the song sucks, I haven't heard it properly, but its depth is probably not audible on this recording.

Nah, i for sure agree with you. I just don't want the track to be a bad one.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Happy Cycler
Vostok wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

define generic

I mean the melody doesn't stand out and because the beats are distorted by the recording quality they effectively sound like most other electronic beats in concert bootlegs.

It probably sounds way different though and this recording isn't doing it justice.

Happy Cycler
PlacentaSand wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

Nah, i for sure agree with you. I just don't want the track to be a bad one.

Heh, I've yet to see BoC release a bad track. Perhaps some average ones, but never a bad one.

Eagle Minded
This sounds sick.

Posts Quantity
i think even with the crappy quality you can still hear that it's an awesome track.

i'm not sure how much more of this i can take.....i need this album now.

Eagle Minded
kid wrote:i think even with the crappy quality you can still hear that it's an awesome track.

i'm not sure how much more of this i can take.....i need this album now.

Assuming this is real (and it sounds like it is), I keep repeating it trying to imagine what the real thing sounds like.

Boqurant
If you held me at gunpoint and made me guess which track this was based upon the Quietus review I would say Sick Times.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada