Clip at Movement Electronic Music Festival

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
PlatrixECV wrote:If you held me at gunpoint and made me guess which track this was based upon the Quietus review I would say Sick Times.

Can't decide between that or Cold Earth.

Eagle Minded
PlatrixECV wrote:If you held me at gunpoint and made me guess which track this was based upon the Quietus review I would say Sick Times.

Dopest beat yet?
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Happy Cycler
PlacentaSand wrote:

Dopest beat yet?

I swear, sometimes I question whether or not I'm hearing things correctly.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Boqurant
PlacentaSand wrote:

Dopest beat yet?

Subjective portion of the review which I placed little weight on... It does strike me, however, as a seriously funky chopped up hip hop beat.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:

Dopest beat yet?

i was just quoting the Quietus review.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Happy Cycler
PlacentaSand wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:

Dopest beat yet?

i was just quoting the Quietus review.

Oh...yeah, I haven't read that. It would drive me insane.

Friendly Stranger
Rodheh wrote:
SmilingHobo wrote:I would recommend holding off on listening, tbh...the audio is super low quality and distorts like crazy. It hardly even gives you an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like.

It sounds like shit as far as I can tell.

I mean not just the sound quality, if there are redeeming factors to this track they are inaudible in this recording because the melody certainly isn't going anywhere and that likely means it's a track driven by intricate percussion/atmosphere details. It doesn't sound like BoC at all to me, it sounds generic.

But again, 90% of that I'm sure is simply because the recording is awful.
You can hardly make out any details at all...forming an opinion of the track based on this recording is probably a mistake.

Eagle Minded
Thanks for the heads-up on the quality - I'll avoid the poor recording and wait for something a bit better.

Happy Cycler
SmilingHobo wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
SmilingHobo wrote:I would recommend holding off on listening, tbh...the audio is super low quality and distorts like crazy. It hardly even gives you an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like.

It sounds like shit as far as I can tell.

I mean not just the sound quality, if there are redeeming factors to this track they are inaudible in this recording because the melody certainly isn't going anywhere and that likely means it's a track driven by intricate percussion/atmosphere details. It doesn't sound like BoC at all to me, it sounds generic.

But again, 90% of that I'm sure is simply because the recording is awful.
You can hardly make out any details at all...forming an opinion of the track based on this recording is probably a mistake.

I know, that's why I said "as far as I can tell" and "90% of that I'm sure is simply because the recording is awful". I haven't formed an opinion the song yet, but I just don't get everyone creaming themselves over what it is we can hear in this recording.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sounds good.

It's like the ATP recordings, happening, in real time for something that hasn't been released yet.

If anything happens tomorrow @ 5:00 PDT, then it's going to have to do with this track (if this is BoC and it sure sounds like it). Why play a new different track at a music festival and let it sit out there on the net in such poor sound quality?

Then again I'd wonder why they'd release two tracks so close together.. ugh. Speculation is driving me insane.

Posts Quantity
i think this will be the track they show in california tomorrow, hopefully there will be a proper release of it afterwards.

Happy Cycler
wwbjd wrote:Sounds good.

It's like the ATP recordings, happening, in real time for something that hasn't been released yet.

If anything happens tomorrow @ 5:00 PDT, then it's going to have to do with this track (if this is BoC and it sure sounds like it). Why play a new different track at a music festival and let it sit out there on the net in such poor sound quality?

Then again I'd wonder why they'd release two tracks so close together.. ugh. Speculation is driving me insane.

I don't even understand why they'd release two tracks early, possibly three if the teaser track is on the album. It's too much man, it just is going to make hearing the album for the first time less special. Like, I already know Reach For the Dead isn't going to be anywhere near as interesting on the album now.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm betting it'll be a listening party tomorrow.

Boqurant
Rodheh wrote:
wwbjd wrote:Sounds good.

I don't even understand why they'd release two tracks early, possibly three if the teaser track is on the album. It's too much man, it just is going to make hearing the album for the first time less special. Like, I already know Reach For the Dead isn't going to be anywhere near as interesting on the album now.

It does lessen the whole album experience a bit, at least initially. After awhile though it should blend back to together I listened to Alpha and Omega and Oscar See Throug Red Eye ad nauseum before their respective albums were released in full. The fact that they were preview/singles/teasers had escaped my memory until it came up in context with Reach for the Dead.

Posts Quantity
I dunno what to make of that. It sounded like it had an eastern influence which sounds familiar from having read the track by track review. Definitely not worth listening to but also not much of a spoiler or anything either... Nothing is going to compare to getting a hold of that record and blaring it in your favorite setting anyway.

Boqurant
Gonna listen to it once, at really low volume... I'm such a glutton for punishment.

Made it 5 seconds, that's plenty.

Eagle Minded
what the hell is going on BoC?

i guess after the hiatus they've stored up a lot in their collective ball sacks

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
wwbjd wrote:Pic from the show:

http://instagram.com/p/ZzXKSETe6A/

Nice to see that crowd there with the huge hexagons. Warp has gone all out on this one, and that's a good thing!

Eagle Minded
Sick Times.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada