13. Nothing Is Real (3:52)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Keep the discussion to this track in this specific thread.

Please also add your findings to the following wiki article: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Nothing_Is_Real#Comments

Make sure to add a reference on bocpages to your post on twoism detailing your finding.

example text of what to put on bocpages:
Code: Select all
* Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. <ref>http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2</ref>

The hyperlink between the <ref></ref> will automatically generate a reference to that link.

---

HOLY SHIT.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Definitely my favourite so far.

Happy Cycler
Moz wrote:Definitely my favourite so far.

Same here, that and Gemini I put on the same level.

Nothing is Real feels like this album's "Julie and Candy" to me.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Boqurant
This song has so many feels. It's like looking through an old photo album and reflecting on all the good times you have had with your friends.

Eagle Minded
Really good - loving what sounded like a bit of electric piano on this one. The intro had a slight sense of being played a degraded tape of a theme to some North American family TV series you can only just recall...

For the most part, it is one of the 'sweeter' tracks, however... I think the deep speech / voice that suddenly seems to leak in part of the way through - as if cutting through the haze of the pretty sounds - is bizarre and indistinct enough that it will give folks plenty to chew over; it was very wide and altered, in a way that was reminiscent of "1969 in the Sunshine...", but quite a bit more unsettling here, especially in the context of the track.

Eagle Minded
is it just me or did i hear 'jesus is a human being' about halfway through?

Posts Quantity
Perfect happy/sad vibe. The record sounds like the transmissions left behind after everyone is gone. All the sweet and dark echoes reassembled by someone or something.

I was just coming here to make this topic. This track seals the deal for me. It's brilliant.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Boqurant
My favorite as well, but for more than just musical reasons.

I tried to drive to the listening party with my girlfriend, all the way from Colorado Springs (about 14 hours driving). Though we left with plenty of time, we had some car troubles and missed a little more than half the album. When we arrived at the waterpark, exhausted, we followed the mysterious buzz of Uritual to locate the listening party. Then not long after we sat down, this came on. It was amazing. I was worried that arriving late would be like walking into the middle of the movie, but this song washed away all my worries about that sort of thing and I just listened.

The live stream today gave me context for the songs we heard, but Uritual transported me out of my room and right back to the Mojave desert, 800 miles away. I was waiting the whole time for this song, even though I didn't know it by name until today (I didn't attempt to figure out where in the album we were when we sat down). When it came on, it was just as I remembered.

I will never forget my first time hearing this song. It embodies everything I love about BoC.

Boqurant
the vocal is so creepy, totally gives the song a real dark undertone i think.

stunning chord progression

Dayvan Cowboy
I can picture myself looping this song late at night, all the lights off.
Probably staring out the window at a faint light somewhere through a treeline.

Sherbet Head
I love the happy/sad fleeting vibe of this one. Even though the vocal is creepy it somehow seems more sad to me than scary.

Then the fact that the next song is sundown. I really like the juxtaposition of songs on this album.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
I hate when people say shit like this, but they had me at the title. I've been eager to hear this one and probably anticipating it the most.

And I still haven't, because I was at work.

Still hypin' like it's June 3rd, 2013 at 3:45 p.m. EST up in here.

Friendly Stranger
still havent heard this one. someone should PM me :D

Posts Quantity
utterly devastating track.
I saw my future. I saw my past. For a few minutes it was like being alive.

Boqurant
*birds chirping*

something...something...was it you or me?

something...something... agree? (greed?)

-unable to make out the rest-

*more birds*

...absolutely adore this track and just love that vocal bit. anyone able discern more of what he's saying?
i actually find it comforting, maybe finding out what he's saying will change that...

Friendly Stranger
Probably my favorite as of now, there's a lot going on in this track, there's more vocals in the background(laughing/general talking, pretty inaudible) beyond the more audible vocal bit. it really reminds me of geogaddi.

Keeoaddi wrote:is it just me or did i hear 'jesus is a human being' about halfway through?

I heard that too, at least something about jesus, i can make out what sounds like human being right after too.

Dayvan Cowboy
I can't help but feel like this track is somehow roygbiv's scarred and saddened brother.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Friendly Stranger
MUST.HEAR.ALBUM. SOMEONE. HELP

Boqurant
anyone notice the glitched digital sound effects implemented at the very start of the beat?

Next

Return to Boards of Canada