11. Split Your Infinities (4:28)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Keep the discussion to this track in this specific thread.

Please also add your findings to the following wiki article: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Split_Your_Infinities#Comments

Make sure to add a reference on bocpages to your post on twoism detailing your finding.

example text of what to put on bocpages:
Code: Select all
* Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. <ref>http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2</ref>

The hyperlink between the <ref></ref> will automatically generate a reference to that link.

---

seems to be the densest, most overlooked track thus far....

anyone hearing the Apparatus influence at the end there? seriously
Last edited by armotron on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Friendly Stranger
havent heard the album yet. where can i find this?!

Boqurant
this... is the sounds of alchemical processes unseen; aural alchemical transmutation, and the most futuristic-sounding track i've heard from them yet.

definitely reminds me of Telephasic Workshop, speaking of the alchemical vibes; not at all in terms of the production, but in the images it brings to mind.

Eagle Minded
Split Your Infinities is a way underappreciated track. I enjoyed it a lot, to me, it stood out beyond them all and is sort of the high point of the album, after that you have the other best tracks on the album as well, and jacquard causeway, well, he kicks major ass. ;P
you don't care to hear until you listen

Eagle Minded
This is one of my favorites. The second half blows me away.

Edit: Listening to this now with headphones with the volume cranked up..it's night time, and really fucking with me!

Eagle Minded
Immediately likeable for having one of the best and richest-sounding intros on the album, if not the best.

Eagle Minded
I love the grotesquely distorted vocal samples in this one too, kind of reminds me of the women's voice from the devil is in the details... the hypnotist or whatever.

Friendly Stranger
Easily one of my favorite tracks from TH. It reminds me of Sarah Connor freaking out on a chain link fence a la Terminator 2. Full Cyberdyne systems. Synths are so lush. A respite, of sorts from the goofiness of Palace Posy.

Dayvan Cowboy
Very sci-fi. Makes me think of flying through unknown star systems, picking up alien transmissions.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Boqurant
My favorite track of album initially. Love the way the trilling melody modulates between minor and major keys. Inscrutable emotions.

One Very Important Coder
This was my favourite track from the album too.

And it pains me to say this but - the brilliant "Reach for the Dead" aside - "Split Your Infinities" was the ONLY track off the entire album that I actually liked last night... I'm truly confused guys... I don't know why, I don't know what happened... There were moments I was in utter disbelief that I was actually listening to my most favourite band...

I'll certainly postpone final judgement on the album until I accumulate a massive amount of proper listens for which purpose I'll wait for the CD and avoid the rips. I so much hope it's a grower and that it was me who, for whatever reason, didn't truly hear the subdued brilliance that has always been there in BoC's music.

To end on a positive note though and to get back on topic - "Split Your Infinities" was indeed beautifully disturbing!

Eagle Minded
Woah.
This has to be my favourite off of the album so far
I love that pad, and the chords used. Amazing.

Eagle Minded
I seriously felt that this track was the best on this album, overall. Followed closely by New Seeds, Nothing is Real, Jacquard Causeway, Come to Dust and White Cyclosa.

Damn, I have no idea why people are saying they didn't like this album. Honestly, I thought it was marvellously done. Not one of the tracks were bad, they were all solid and this album was actually way better then headphase, In my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love headphase but this was a nice return to their old tunes and music has the right to children era. They really impressed me with this one.

Friendly Stranger
I think many people who aren't initially blown away are having a hard time adjusting to the vibe of the album. IMO, this album has a different kind of scariness to it than previous ones. I don't even know if I could effectively describe my thoughts on the matter, but this album doesn't have that "shit I'm really high and this is freaking me out" feel. This has a legit freaked out tone to it, and you don't have to be under the influence to feel it. There aren't many warm, fuzzy, nostalgic moments. I don't feel like I'm delving through an emotional past lifetime. It's very sci-fi and futuristic, 1984 and Cold War, while previous albums had The Past Inside the Present. It's deep and psychedelic like previous albums, though. It's still as powerful as everything else BoC has done. It does have its moments that remind me of past tracks, such as Nothing Is Real, but In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country it's not. I see reflections of the current state of global affairs in this album, and the truth is we live in scary times. We have threats of nuclear war again, and we have Monsatan trying to to control the world with deadly GMO seeds in hopes to have the ultimate control over all peoples of the earth. This album speaks that to me through its sound. This album is absolutely brilliant.

Eagle Minded
Wonder Spunion wrote:I think many people who aren't initially blown away are having a hard time adjusting to the vibe of the album. IMO, this album has a different kind of scariness to it than previous ones. I don't even know if I could effectively describe my thoughts on the matter, but this album doesn't have that "shit I'm really high and this is freaking me out" feel. This has a legit freaked out tone to it, and you don't have to be under the influence to feel it. There aren't many warm, fuzzy, nostalgic moments. I don't feel like I'm delving through an emotional past lifetime. It's very sci-fi and futuristic, 1984 and Cold War, while previous albums had The Past Inside the Present. It's deep and psychedelic like previous albums, though. It's still as powerful as everything else BoC has done. It does have its moments that remind me of past tracks, such as Nothing Is Real, but In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country it's not. I see reflections of the current state of global affairs in this album, and the truth is we live in scary times. We have threats of nuclear war again, and we have Monsatan trying to to control the world with deadly GMO seeds in hopes to have the ultimate control over all peoples of the earth. This album speaks that to me through its sound. This album is absolutely brilliant.

glad someone else actually knows what the concept of this album is about. From what I've seen, a lot of people haven't really digested the message yet, they still think it's just another BOC album.

Sherbet Head
In_The_Annexe wrote:glad someone else actually knows what the concept of this album is about. From what I've seen, a lot of people haven't really digested the message yet, they still think it's just another BOC album.

There's a definite theme and narrative to TH. Each will have their own slightly different take on it but the overall impression will be cohesive. I'm still putting my own version together before writing about it.

Eagle Minded
Twoist wrote:
In_The_Annexe wrote:glad someone else actually knows what the concept of this album is about. From what I've seen, a lot of people haven't really digested the message yet, they still think it's just another BOC album.

There's a definite theme and narrative to TH. Each will have their own slightly different take on it but the overall impression will be cohesive. I'm still putting my own version together before writing about it.

exactly, the album was very engaging and hard hitting with messages. This is definitely a concept album.

Friendly Stranger
In_The_Annexe wrote:
Wonder Spunion wrote:I think many people who aren't initially blown away are having a hard time adjusting to the vibe of the album. IMO, this album has a different kind of scariness to it than previous ones. I don't even know if I could effectively describe my thoughts on the matter, but this album doesn't have that "shit I'm really high and this is freaking me out" feel. This has a legit freaked out tone to it, and you don't have to be under the influence to feel it. There aren't many warm, fuzzy, nostalgic moments. I don't feel like I'm delving through an emotional past lifetime. It's very sci-fi and futuristic, 1984 and Cold War, while previous albums had The Past Inside the Present. It's deep and psychedelic like previous albums, though. It's still as powerful as everything else BoC has done. It does have its moments that remind me of past tracks, such as Nothing Is Real, but In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country it's not. I see reflections of the current state of global affairs in this album, and the truth is we live in scary times. We have threats of nuclear war again, and we have Monsatan trying to to control the world with deadly GMO seeds in hopes to have the ultimate control over all peoples of the earth. This album speaks that to me through its sound. This album is absolutely brilliant.

glad someone else actually knows what the concept of this album is about. From what I've seen, a lot of people haven't really digested the message yet, they still think it's just another BOC album.

It was mentioned in another thread that the color of the CD is yellow with black letters. Yellow and black, the color of bees. GMO seeds are killing bees rapidly. If the bees die, nothing gets pollinated. If nothing gets pollinated, things will become barren quickly. I'm generalizing. It's much more detailed than this, but this gives more of an idea.

Eagle Minded
Wonder Spunion wrote:
In_The_Annexe wrote:

yes, GMOs, seem to be a lot of the focus of Tomorrow's Harvest.

It was mentioned in another thread that the color of the CD is yellow with black letters. Yellow and black, the color of bees. GMO seeds are killing bees rapidly. If the bees die, nothing gets pollinated. If nothing gets pollinated, things will become barren quickly. I'm generalizing. It's much more detailed than this, but this gives more of an idea.

Sherbet Head
Like mentioned before this gives quite the scifi feeling of a robot army or something marching and stomping everything on their way. Synthline in the bottom sounds like fleeing people. And in the end there is still this little beacon of light, like some sort of transmission / hopeful melody. One of my favorites right here.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada