11. Split Your Infinities (4:28)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
FernieCanto wrote:Eh. BOC always seemed to be much more fascinated by the idea of conspiracy theories, rather than with the conspiracies themselves. Perhaps this song is hinting that some people, instead of looking at the actual problems around us, would rather invent fictitious problems to distract people? Just guessing...

I'd say they're trying to capture a sense of paranoia.

Friendly Stranger
FernieCanto wrote:Eh. BOC always seemed to be much more fascinated by the idea of conspiracy theories, rather than with the conspiracies themselves. Perhaps this song is hinting that some people, instead of looking at the actual problems around us, would rather invent fictitious problems to distract people? Just guessing...

Good point. I had similar line of thinking when qualia revelaed us an original video (thanks qualia BTW, nice spot!). Initially I thought the theme behind is "they are hiding something from us", and the tip was the way the voice was distorted - it was distorted but not to the point of not being unrecognizable. But watchnig the original news report again I realized that there's nothing to deal with the subject of news report but the general conspiracy theories and how they can distract our attention from the actual problem.
::::: polarismusic.eu :::::: scamall.net ::::::

Sherbet Head
I love the drums on this song so much. Like when the vox and arpeggio and echo claps start weaving together, it sounds so sick. I keep coming back to this one.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
superuser wrote:
d e n wrote:either way it's film footage, not some lame HD tape.

VHS is video not film but whatev..

Anyway, looks like this is where the footage is from...

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/America_Under_Siege

And it was apparently distributed on VHS, so they most likely got an original copy.

I was thinking it was some sort of news broadcast that wouldn't be available for sale.

This woman was a little more interesting than I realized:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Thompson_(attorney)

Eagle Minded
This is becoming one of my favs right now. I'm absolutely loving the FSOL ('Dead Cities' album) vibe in it.

New Seed
ahare your bugatties

Posts Quantity
Word "Imagine" is hidden beneath drums in second half of the song, and it's repeated untill end.

Dayvan Cowboy
That's interesting

Dayvan Cowboy
green calx wrote:Word "Imagine" is hidden beneath drums in second half of the song, and it's repeated untill end.

Strangely, maybe you mean this about Nothing is Real ? because I def. hear something like "imagine" after beat drops, until the end of the track, but it's hard to say for sure.

Posts Quantity
but you hear something anyway? just forget about drums and make it feel like it's someone voice, at the snare propably you will hear that (for me it sounds like 'imagine'). There are more well hidden things than in previous works.

and I mean Split for infities f.e. 2:42, 2:49, 2:56 (once for 7 seconds)

Eagle Minded
The talk about that camp sounds like it's being recieved through a short-wave radio reciever. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually broadcasted that thing and recorded it.

Dayvan Cowboy
green calx wrote:but you hear something anyway? just forget about drums and make it feel like it's someone voice, at the snare propably you will hear that (for me it sounds like 'imagine'). There are more well hidden things than in previous works.

and I mean Split for infities f.e. 2:42, 2:49, 2:56 (once for 7 seconds)

No, I mean I hear something repeated after the drums in "Nothing is Real"... will listen more carefully Infinities tho, good ears man :)

Dayvan Cowboy

Friendly Stranger
The more I hear this song, the more it become my favorite. There is so much in the song.

Boqurant

Amen
If you don't have the dik sometime, then the art is not about human race. Then is not art. This my theory.

http://instagram.com/jamesyboyyyy

Sherbet Head
My least favorite song of the album...it's so repetitive

Eagle Minded
By contrast, for me it has been probably my favourite for a long time, and after not hearing the album for a while I think about this track as simply amazing. It has such a sci-fi quality to it that's mesmerizing to me, specially when high.

Sherbet Head
Najlepsiejszy wrote:My least favorite song of the album...it's so repetitive

i love "split your infinities", as well as "tomorrows harvest". but i must agree, many of the songs on the album are far too repetitive.

i even found that to be in their earlier work with tracks such as "rue the whirl", the amount of repetition always bugged me. their is def. alot buried in the loop, but it still becomes awkward after a while.

Dayvan Cowboy
This track is dark as fuck, it feels that I want to leave that place as soon, as possible, until that sinister voice comes in :twisted: those effects sound like laser scanners. It feels that people these days just lazy to listen to the track properly

Sherbet Head
One of the highlights of TH. An epic low-level flight over sifting arpeggio sands..veering towards dark places vaguely reminiscent of Geogaddi tracks, before ending in small waves of white noise. It's a beautiful journey as the best Boards tracks usually are. I fucking love it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada