I OVERFLOW MAN

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Me ovahflowin', brah!

Sherbet Head
I love them. Just probably another smoking weed reference they've made (i.e. Smokes Quantity.)
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
*farts*

idk

Sherbet Head
harpoon dodger wrote:For the love of BoC people, indulge my crazy theory!! If you don't understand what I mean, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregap#Hidden_audio_tracks

I'll indulge the theory because my band did it on our last CD some 13 years ago. So I hear ya! :)

Eagle Minded
seanandcandy wrote:cracked the code again

Uritual? :lol:

Eagle Minded
harpoon dodger wrote:Has anyone tried to see if maybe there's a pre-gap hidden track on it? This would only be accessed by playing it in a CD player and manually rewinding...this used to be a common thing back in the day, nobody really does it anymore. I wouldn't put it past the BoC Bros. to hide a track like that!

Just a thought. :)

I really like that idea and i haven't heard about that in a long long time. I wouldn't put it past them but i doubt it ya know..

Posts Quantity
There is no hidden track on the cd.

Dayvan Cowboy
Group Hex wrote:There is no hidden track on the cd.

Diggity dang. Well, at least we can rule that out.... :roll:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Friendly Stranger
Alive from Now

Boqurant
harpoon dodger wrote:Has anyone tried to see if maybe there's a pre-gap hidden track on it? This would only be accessed by playing it in a CD player and manually rewinding...this used to be a common thing back in the day, nobody really does it anymore. I wouldn't put it past the BoC Bros. to hide a track like that!

The reason this isn't done anymore is because CDs have to conform to a standard known as Red Box, which forbids pregap data.

In other words, Warp could actually get in trouble for doing something like this. Or so I've read. And again, the album has been out for almost 24 hours. If there was a pregrap song, someone would have found it by now.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Red Book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Di ... o#Standard

Posts Quantity
engrish?
I saw my future. I saw my past. For a few minutes it was like being alive.

Friendly Stranger
Maybe the other releases will say something else to tie it all together. I'm not counting on it, though.

New Seed
I see a couple of typos on that yellow CD. Could be on purpose?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL8OcdpCUAE27uO.png:large

See at the circumferential text. On right, it says "Unauthorised". And at the left, it says "Lisenced".

Damn, is a massive-duplicated CD, how's that nobody verified this before sending the CDs to print? :shock:

Boqurant
porcio wrote:I see a couple of typos on that yellow CD. Could be on purpose?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL8OcdpCUAE27uO.png:large

See at the circumferential text. On right, it says "Unauthorised". And at the left, it says "Lisenced".

Damn, is a massive-duplicated CD, how's that nobody verified this before sending the CDs to print? :shock:

Not typos, that's British English spellings.

New Seed
Didn't know that; sorry. :(

Dayvan Cowboy
Quillz wrote:

The reason this isn't done anymore is because CDs have to conform to a standard known as Red Box, which forbids pregap data.

In other words, Warp could actually get in trouble for doing something like this. Or so I've read. And again, the album has been out for almost 24 hours. If there was a pregrap song, someone would have found it by now.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Red Book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Di ... o#Standard

Red Book audio was set as a standard DECADES ago..it has no bearing on whether a band decides to include a hidden track. If what you're trying to say is true, then NO BANDS in the last 30 years since the CD's inception would have been allowed to do so. If anything, it's used less because when people buy a CD nowadays it usually gets copied to a computer and then put back on the shelf, rarely to be used again..of course, I can't speak for everyone. I know lots of people who still listen to CD's in cars, or what have you.

Also, not trying to start an argument. Just stating a point. I agree with you it would have been found by now, but nobody had mentioned it and I thought it would be cool. I miss hidden tracks, is all :roll:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Eagle Minded
i remember when i accidentally discovered the hidden nick cave tune on the x-files soundtrack

freaked the hell out of me

good tune though and a good soundtrack

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:
Group Hex wrote:There is no hidden track on the cd.

Diggity dang. Well, at least we can rule that out.... :roll:

Seeing as how I've searched it forward to back and found nothing......yeah you can rule it out.

Friendly Stranger
Keeoaddi wrote:Owl of Minerva?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_of_Minerva

this is probably it

Posts Quantity
caldrax wrote:
Keeoaddi wrote:Owl of Minerva?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_of_Minerva

this is probably it

And this from the wiki page "the owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk —meaning that philosophy comes to understand a historical condition just as it passes away."

I think that sounds very BOCish

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada