I OVERFLOW MAN

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
seanandcandy wrote:
revertedhexagon wrote:I STILL think NewClearDawn is the name of the next ep

just the idea of this is so kitsch im cringing

No more kitschy to base the name of your prior EP off a Kraftwerk album from 1977. Now they could do the same for an Earthrise song from 1977.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
seanandcandy wrote:

No more kitschy to base the name of your prior EP off a Kraftwerk album from 1977. Now they could do the same for an Earthrise song from 1977.

i do have to agree with Sean here, it's a bad pun. I think the NCD site was done as a joke spinoff, i think the banner image with the stock photos in is meant as a bit of dark humour.
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:
seanandcandy wrote:

i don't think naming their EP Trans Canada Highway had anything to do with Kraftwerk's Trans Europe Express just quietly, i do remember an interview stating something to the like of "not terribly influenced by old electronica acts" but hey, i could be wrong.

i think my sort of feelings toward this is less based on them basing the name on someone else's work rather how meta a tomorrow's harvest/new clear dawn pairing would be y'know
*farts*

idk

Sherbet Head
i'm wondering how long more the cosecha site will be up, perhaps years like the black box.
is it waiting for more secrets to be unlocked or just idling away

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:i'm wondering how long more the cosecha site will be up, perhaps years like the black box.
is it waiting for more secrets to be unlocked or just idling away

i really hope they go back to the website from before and update that bloody black box
i need some closure
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
Radio Kadugli wrote:
superuser wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:On the Cosecha website there is still that date and time "Thursday, 22-AUG-1996 2:57"

This year the 22 of August will be a Thursday as well. I bet we hear something by then..

AG 223 from the TH liner notes

Perhaps the upside-down "822" photo in the TH album artwork is also related.
822 = 8/22 = Aug 22.

re-phaelam-ed wrote:Image

And the 2:57? = http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 224#212224
J'aime faire des craquettes aux chiens!

New Seed
IOVERFLOWMAN

FNORD

buffer overflow for a site with no leading pages maybe be the suggestion, but...

I do not condone the use of such tactics.

Sherbet Head
hey today! Tomorrow's Harvest follow up ep could be called... TODAY'S HAY

Posts Quantity
So why exactly is everyone so sure they're going to release an EP following this?

Are we just basing this on past experience and speculation?

Posts Quantity
because if we believe hard enough....it will happen!

....and we're way too far in to denial to accept otherwise.

Sherbet Head
Yeah That's Right wrote:So why exactly is everyone so sure they're going to release an EP following this?

Are we just basing this on past experience and speculation?

While I can't be 100% sure obviously, we do know they have the material (per a recent interview there was "a couple albums worth" of finished tracks that didn't quite fit TH's theme.

So, that at least lends hope (though I'm sure we would have hope even if they came out and said there will no EP lol).

In the end, who knows and we have a new album. But it's still fun to speculate. The thought of new music from these guys will always be a fun prospect!

Dayvan Cowboy
seanandcandy wrote:i really hope they go back to the website from before and update that bloody black box
i need some closure

This

Friendly Stranger
"We’re living in a time of very dramatic change in terms of population numbers and insidious political events and in some ways it now feels that some sort of crash on the horizon is not just inevitable but in fact necessary." - Mike Sandison

I OVERFLOW MAN.

Dayvan Cowboy
seanandcandy wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
seanandcandy wrote:

i don't think naming their EP Trans Canada Highway had anything to do with Kraftwerk's Trans Europe Express just quietly, i do remember an interview stating something to the like of "not terribly influenced by old electronica acts" but hey, i could be wrong.

i think my sort of feelings toward this is less based on them basing the name on someone else's work rather how meta a tomorrow's harvest/new clear dawn pairing would be y'know

it felt like they just wanted to use TCH again to tie the LP in with the EP. trans canada highway was probably the easiest most relatable way to link the two....lackluster like the album. TCH duo was not for me.
i STILL cant listen to it. feels empty.

to each his own.

Sherbet Head
re-phaelam-ed wrote:TCH duo was not for me.

to each his own.

aw man, why you gotta say these things! i love trans canada highway :~( probably still my favourite release

but yes, each to his or her very own, i would've loved to see a full length LP of Trans Canada Highway...
*farts*

idk

Dayvan Cowboy
seanandcandy wrote:
re-phaelam-ed wrote:TCH duo was not for me.

to each his own.

aw man, why you gotta say these things! i love trans canada highway :~( probably still my favourite release

but yes, each to his or her very own, i would've loved to see a full length LP of Trans Canada Highway...

I gotta be me man. Highway was better than headphase by a long shot for me.
Just felt uninspired when compared to all other werks. In a beautiful is my fave. Tapes are suck too. Hear lots of heart in those tracks.

New Seed
It's on the rim of my CD too.

I think I've cottoned on to something I don't think anyone else in this thread has mentioned - it seems obvious to me now, though.

Because of:

The blatant apocalyptic themes.

The references to nature - to seeds - to AG(riculture).

I think that:

It's not "I overflow, man", it's "I overflow man" - as in, "I overflow with man".
It's a message, yes, but it's not from a stoner, or from a disgruntled graphic artist, or from someone with incontinence.

It's from the Earth.
The rapid population growth of the human race is becoming more and more dire every day - hence, the Earth, overflowing with man.

And moreover, what better solution is there to these sick times than our collapse?
Last edited by Tehlivingpencil on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Tehlivingpencil wrote:It's on the rim of my CD too.

I think I've cottoned on to something I don't think anyone else in this thread has mentioned - it seems obvious to me now, though.

The implied apocalyptic themes.

The references to nature - to seeds - to AG(riculture).

It's not "I overflow, man", it's "I overflow man" - as in, "I overflow with man".
It's a message, yes, but it's not from a stoner, or from a disgruntled graphic artist, or from someone with incontinence.

It's from the Earth.
The rapid population growth of the human race is becoming more and more dire every day - hence, the Earth, overflowing with man.

And moreover, what better solution is there to these sick times than our collapse?

ya that was mentioned ages ago.
the question became...why on the cd and not the vinyl?

Dayvan Cowboy

So you're saying no one else seems to have caught on to implied apocalyptic themes? :lol:

It's an anagram for the Owl of Minerva.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Dayvan Cowboy
TaoTapeTao wrote:

So you're saying no one else seems to have caught on to implied apocalyptic themes? :lol:

It's an anagram for the Owl of Minerva.

but why not on the vinyl? just as easy to print it there too.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada