Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Yeah, this was discussed this in one of the BOCcasts and it does seem the most plausible explanation.

Re: I OVERFLOW MAN

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 pm

The TH artwork thread got me looking at the TH packaging again and I ended up here.....I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, but perhaps the Owl of Minerva connection to the Bohemian Club seal, which contains the motto 'Weaving Spiders Come Not Here' , points toward some other song titles on TH - White Cyclosa and Jaquard Causeway?

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

interesting
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... %20Spiders
"Weaving Spiders refers to Business types (individuals) networking and working on business dealings. They are spinning webs (telling their stories) of tales of success and future business opportunities.

The Bohemian Club, of fame and fortune in San Francisco, Est 1878, has a club motto of: “Weaving Spiders Come Not Here”. This implies that you are to leave your business dealing and networking tactics at the door, for this place is to be for enjoyment and relaxation."

so if a spider may reffer to a businessman, then white cyclosa - white businessman?

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:56 pm

or maybe it's just a reference to a special kind of spider who weaves pretty webs. -shrugs-

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 am

I overflow man

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:10 pm

“Not to be born at all
Is best, far best that can befall,
Next best, when born, with least delay
To trace the backward way.
For when youth passes with its giddy train,
Troubles on troubles follow, toils on toils,
Pain, pain forever pain;
And none escapes life's coils.
Envy, sedition, strife,
Carnage and war, make up the tale of life.”

- Sophocles, Oedipus at Colonus

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Things may be simpler than they seem.
BOwlC

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am

phpBB [media]

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 am

phpBB [media]

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:45 pm

oh that's lovely. there's also moon dogs, the opposite with the moon. I saw one once on my way home :)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:35 pm

"The 19th-century idealist philosopher Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel famously noted that "the owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk"—meaning that philosophy comes to understand a historical condition just as it passes away. Philosophy appears only in the "maturity of reality," because it understands in hindsight."

Really does sound like the concept for what they've been up to the past 2 years. It will all make sense in the end, but its a fool's errand to try to parse it out before all is said and done.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Opothecary wrote:"The 19th-century idealist philosopher Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel famously noted that "the owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk"—meaning that philosophy comes to understand a historical condition just as it passes away. Philosophy appears only in the "maturity of reality," because it understands in hindsight."

Really does sound like the concept for what they've been up to the past 2 years. It will all make sense in the end, but its a fool's errand to try to parse it out before all is said and done.

Could you elaborate your part?

I really like that quote. There is a very deep truth in that, a humility even.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 am

I OVERFLOW MAN

Sun May 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Starhawk

Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

ommatidia wrote:Starhawk

I think this rabbit hole leads to this:
http://zizia.xyz/index.html
A low-key band trying to get some BoC stir-up attention it appears...

Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 am

ZosoCon wrote:

what

Mon May 25, 2020 7:18 am

Nottoolate wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:

what

I don't see anything related to BOC in that link, but it would be hilarious if Zoso Con finally discovered Mike and Marcus' long rumored "alternate career" :lol:

Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 am

Nottoolate wrote:what

first time poster, first post with one word on a cryptic-like topic. That grabs attention. Did a reverse image search on their profile picture. The image is from some concept art of a cdr release of a low-profile artist that's into astrology. Not a typical profile image choice for something that may have true BoC connections. So in other words "nothing to see here, move along". :)

Mon May 25, 2020 11:53 am

ZosoCon wrote:
So in other words "nothing to see here, move along". :)

Pretty sums up this entire forum :roll:

Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 am

Cyclosa wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:
So in other words "nothing to see here, move along". :)

Pretty sums up this entire forum :roll:

Ouch...
Post a reply