[Interview] The Guardian (June 6th, 2013)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity

Has Mike got a bit of mullet action going on here?? :?

Boqurant
I'll never understand the Campfire Headphase 'disappointing' opinions, but to each their own.
twitter.com/rubot

Posts Quantity
now 'i overflow man' makes sense, it's obviously something the dude would say.

Eagle Minded
I'm not saying that I'm onto something here or that this is the "right" order but I really think everyone should listen to the album with the tracks in this order

It actually flows really well....absurdedly well IMO but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Not that there is anything wrong with the original track order at all but some of the transitions are a bit jarring and in my order it's not at all the case

Like I said though I'm not implying these tracks are paired up to their sister tracks but its interesting to say the least.
Last edited by thinkdontpray on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
rubot wrote:I'll never understand the Campfire Headphase 'disappointing' opinions, but to each their own.

it's like this for me. i imagine the campfire headphase as a stunningly attractive person...but you look at them and realise there's absolutely nothing going on behind those pretty eyes.

headphase is full of lush beautiful sounds and well put together, but there's just no depth to it, nothing else going on behind its attractive outward veneer.

it's not a 'bad' album, just disappointing compared to their previous work.

Boqurant
kid wrote:
rubot wrote:I'll never understand the Campfire Headphase 'disappointing' opinions, but to each their own.

it's like this for me. i imagine the campfire headphase as a stunningly attractive person...but you look at them and realise there's absolutely nothing going on behind those pretty eyes.

It's the Monet of BoC albums in other words when they usually put out Turners.

Posts Quantity
kid wrote:

headphase is full of lush beautiful sounds and well put together, but there's just no depth to it, nothing else going on behind its attractive outward veneer..

nonsense - there's an entire national park's worth of activity going on in the background of "satellite anthem icarus."

Posts Quantity
PlatrixECV wrote:It's the Monet of BoC albums in other words when they usually put out Turners.

Nice one! :wink:

Eagle Minded
Aimo wrote:Image

They kind of look like twins in this picture.

Posts Quantity
b0qurant wrote:

They kind of look like twins in this picture.

Aphex twins.

Eagle Minded

Mullets are trendy now. Neckbeards are the new mullets.

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:They kind of look like twins in this picture.

ya reckon yea? you know i always felt for brothers they don't look one bit alike.
for a while i even thought they might be adopted, or one of them.
doesnt matter anyway, not gonna pry into their personal lives, its not our business.

photos can always look different, their Wire feature from 2005, they look older

Sherbet Head
"Nobody really wants to accept that we're just a colony of organisms hurtling through a void on a ball of rock."

they're just that awesome :lol:

Boqurant
Ah! Just read this! I'm so excited they're actually doing press! I had a friend over for a listen/discussion hangout last night and we both noticed the A side/B side to the album, how it appears to be a mirror - I'm chuffed we weren't just talking out our asses.

I also think that's a sign of just how well TH is put together. We got a lot of what they were putting down, without words or any "official interviews" telling us what the album was about.

Eagle Minded
Aimo wrote:Great interview - loved reading it this evening, and already it gives a whole other angle at which to take the album.

Also, the Guardian have their Tomorrow's Harvest review up - plus a new pic!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/06/boards-canada-tomorrows-harvest-review

couldn't find anything in todays paper, i guess it will be in print on the weekend? good review anyway

Happy Cycler
John Harrison! Nice! Undoubtedly they were referring to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHQltabnxU

Best fucking horror movie soundtrack of all time!

Also nice to see Fabio Frizzi get a mention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2InZYRNPWY

Dayvan Cowboy

From an artistic point of view, that's a rather very well done picture, and I like that little grin that Mike has in there where Marcus looks very focused, it looks a bit more, I don't know, human, like they know they're throwing us a curveball and that we're going to split every fine detail like maniacs.

Friendly Stranger
thinkdontpray wrote:I'm not saying that I'm onto something here or that this is the "right" order but I really think everyone should listen to the album with the tracks in this order

It actually flows really well....absurdedly well IMO but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Not that there is anything wrong with the original track order at all but some of the transitions are a bit jarring and in my order it's not at all the case

Like I said though I'm not implying these tracks are paired up to their sister tracks but its interesting to say the least.

ahhhhaaa, I see what you're up to Mr. Fibonacci ;) this is one of the handful of groups where this would make sense to give a try

Eagle Minded
6992628 wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:I'm not saying that I'm onto something here or that this is the "right" order but I really think everyone should listen to the album with the tracks in this order

ahhhhaaa, I see what you're up to Mr. Fibonacci ;) this is one of the handful of groups where this would make sense to give a try

im not smart enough to put the songs in order of the fibonacci sequence lol

all i did was pair them off based off the comment in the guardian interview where come to dust is referred to as a reprise of RFTD

it works out well though

Boqurant
ryetronics wrote:
Ender wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
... I love that bit about them spending a lot of time and traveling long distances just for one effect unit that contributed 1 second of audio to Cold Earth. :lol:

And if I were to guess, that sound occurs at 01:54 in the track. Thoughts anyone?

Maybe.

It just so happens that my favorite sound in the entire album is as at 1:23-4 and only ever occurs that once. I've been meaning to post on here asking if anyone more knowledgeable than I knew of a place in the discography where that occurs - thinking that the uncanny familiarity of the sound meant I'd heard it before in one of their tracks. In my imagination, I pretended it was the sound of Scrooge McDuck's (or some such cartoon character's) eyes turning to dollar signs. "ka-CHING". I can't hear it enough. I hope its the sound he's talking about. It was so damn mind blowingly cool to read that in the interview. Uncannily awesome.
Boards of Canada - Tomorrows Harvest - Lake Dolores Listening Party - 5/27/2013 HQ AUDIO http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada