[Interview] NY Times (June 12th, 2013)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
rubot wrote:Love this quote by the way:

I think the digital world suffers from being just so literal, so deliberate and sober. As with digital photography, people have gotten used to applying simulated filters onto their pictures just to inject a bit of romance into the thing, because the raw pictures are so flat. But in the analog realm these beautiful things just happen by themselves without your conscious effort. You could say the wobbles and flutters in our music are equivalent to something like weeds overgrowing an old building. Nobody puts the weeds there, but nature comes along and makes the scene very tragic and beautiful.

You know the artwork inside the album and on the sleeves, etc. Isn't this digital with a lot of simulated filters applied?

Eagle Minded
vanlorne wrote:
rubot wrote:Love this quote by the way:

I think the digital world suffers from being just so literal, so deliberate and sober. As with digital photography, people have gotten used to applying simulated filters onto their pictures just to inject a bit of romance into the thing, because the raw pictures are so flat. But in the analog realm these beautiful things just happen by themselves without your conscious effort. You could say the wobbles and flutters in our music are equivalent to something like weeds overgrowing an old building. Nobody puts the weeds there, but nature comes along and makes the scene very tragic and beautiful.

You know the artwork inside the album and on the sleeves, etc. Isn't this digital with a lot of simulated filters applied?

no way. most of the images look like screen shots of VHS tape.

Dayvan Cowboy
Solynth wrote:
Vostok wrote:what if they released a boxset of 'old tunes'
and it was just tracks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsBvIkk7tto

I'd buy it in a second.

Yep. One of my favorite tracks of theirs.

Sherbet Head
You could say the wobbles and flutters in our music are equivalent to something like weeds overgrowing an old building. Nobody puts the weeds there, but nature comes along and makes the scene very tragic and beautiful.

That's awesome. These guys really get it. They speak my language. I knew they could do with music but it's nice to hear them say it with words.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada