[Interview] De:Bug (June 17th, 2013)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
You’ve just returned from the future, bringing in the harvest. You know what we don’t know: What will we be feeding on from tomorrow onwards?

Marcus: Breakfast, hopefully.

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
WeHadNormality wrote:Ah, good to see Clint Mansell get a mention. He's a local lad to me :)

This. I was a big PWEI fan in the day. Spoke to Clint once.

Sherbet Head
I would love to read an interview where the guys were present, and have had to shoot from the hip with their answers.

Sometimes I feel their answers are a little too considered.

Interviews with musicians used not be like that.

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
MindElevation wrote:
You’ve just returned from the future, bringing in the harvest. You know what we don’t know: What will we be feeding on from tomorrow onwards?

Perfect start to this, I laughed so hard.
Definitely the best interview with them that I've seen thus far. I love how they answer questions and I feel like they and I would really get along

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
the best of the email interviews so far, but hoping they do an in person/phone interview soon
*farts*

idk

Dayvan Cowboy
Lens Larque wrote:Image

good ol' PIP Boy. i werked on that/those games. FALLOUT! :)

Friendly Stranger
Loved this interview.

For those interested in learning more about J H Kunstler, his excellent blog, Clusterfuck Nation (http://kunstler.com/blog/) posts every Monday and is full of ego-deflating, rose-colored glasses-shattering, cheek-slappingly sober comments about how our current trajectory as a society (especially us Americans) is doomed. And that a refocusing on a local economy, local food, local transportation, LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL is this only thing that can save us from your typical Mad Max scenario.

Gripping stuff, especially for your Mondays.

Friendly Stranger
MindElevation wrote:

:lol:

Great interview, very interesting reading.

Boqurant
Why doesn't anybody ever ask them about their older material, and if they have plans to officially (re)release more of it at some point?

New Seed
Weekend_Warrior wrote:Why doesn't anybody ever ask them about their older material, and if they have plans to officially (re)release more of it at some point?

the question is pointless. they won't. they said 'nobody was ever supposed to hear those tapes' numerous times.

Eagle Minded
wordizborn wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:Why doesn't anybody ever ask them about their older material, and if they have plans to officially (re)release more of it at some point?

the question is pointless. they won't. they said 'nobody was ever supposed to hear those tapes' numerous times.

I'd personally disagree with that, i think it's a very relevant question and it's been one on the lips of fans of BoC for the intervening years between TCH and TH, i'm sure they are aware people want to know. However, i think they choose not to answer it (or stipulate in the conditions of interview not to be asked) - possibly because although we know they've been curating this material they're currently undecided on whether they release it. But that's just my take on it.
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

Posts Quantity
i dont care about the old stuff i want the B sides from MHTRTC geogaddi TCH adnd TH i want some of these hundreds of songs i would like to see another cohesive release to call back to those realms and get a compltely new different side of them
it would be the best thing ever

Boqurant
agree 100%, I personally think the glimpse we got of their unreleased stuff from their live shows was stunning. It's hard to imagine what they have locked away in the vaults.

Posts Quantity
blastrid wrote:Loved this interview.

For those interested in learning more about J H Kunstler, his excellent blog, Clusterfuck Nation (http://kunstler.com/blog/) posts every Monday and is full of ego-deflating, rose-colored glasses-shattering, cheek-slappingly sober comments about how our current trajectory as a society (especially us Americans) is doomed. And that a refocusing on a local economy, local food, local transportation, LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL is this only thing that can save us from your typical Mad Max scenario.

Gripping stuff, especially for your Mondays.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW BoC WAS ON THOSE DOOMER AUTHORS FROM THE MOMENT I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ALBUM.

Anyway, I used to read Clusterfuck Nation every Monday nearly religiously after I learned about Peak Oil and was spiraling into existential despair. I got a little burnt out on it mostly because he spends too much time (imo) making fun of southerners and tends to get a bit repetitive after awhile. However, I recommend the book The Long Emergency to pretty much everybody on here. It's a great read that greatly illuminates the problems in our current society.

Now the other dude they mentioned, Dmitry Orlov, has been writing books that are focused on superpower collapse. He spend much of the late 80s and early 90s visiting the Soviet Union at regular intervals and made a point to document and more or less diagnose the economic causes of the decline. Much of his work has gone into applying a similar analysis to the United States. Lately he's also been focusing alot on Anarchism in small communities (in a constructive sense, not the moral panic 'let's blame anarchists for everything awful that happens' sense). Also a big advocate of boat living.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were fans of Archdruid John Michael Greer, who's sort of in the same boat but more of a philosopher.

All have websites and excellent blogs and anybody interested in exploring the themes behind Tomorrow's Harvest should give them a go.

www.resilience.org is a great clearing house for articles related to the topic as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
MAXIMUS MISCHIEF wrote:i dont care about the old stuff i want the B sides from MHTRTC geogaddi TCH adnd TH i want some of these hundreds of songs i would like to see another cohesive release to call back to those realms and get a compltely new different side of them
it would be the best thing ever

agreed. dare i say most of their really old OT are unlistenable to me? except trapped, that track is badass.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada