[Interview] Magic RPM (July-August, 2013)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
North by North wrote:So the acoustic MHTRTC does exist. Would love to hear it in all it's lame glory.

Found this interesting, because he has kids of his own:

PARSLEY SOUND
(EX-SLUM)
If you could perform an action to change the ecology of the planet for the benefit of human life, what would it be?
MS : Reduce the number of human beings

I struggle with this because I agree, yet I will be having at least 1 kid of my own. Thoughts from others on this?

I personally think the problem is more to do with the level of consumption that our economic system promotes and indeed actually needs to be able to function.
Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread...anyway, thanks to the folks who translated the two latest interviews, I've enjoyed reading them.

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:Also, anyone care to research the dialogue Michel Gondry says is sampled in a BoC song from 1956, The Silent World? My guess is it's the samples heard in An Eagle in Your Mind...but who knows.

I'm interested in this as well! IMDB lists the narrator, I guess for the English dub, as one James Dugan.

ps. there are many problems before the amount of humans. BoC's answer is pretty stupid - since communism was "bad" and social-democracy hasn't done much, so ecology and economy are left to business, then mankind itself is the problem. that's simply bollocks, regardless of the glaringly obvious ecological catastrophe we're in. it suffices to look at any poor country whose population has dwindled because of emigration or even catastrophe - not much gets better. not expecting much from people for whom cities mean "urban culture", though - that they make awesome music is already beyond any expectations.

Sherbet Head
many thanks, great read.

North by North wrote:Found this interesting, because he has kids of his own:

PARSLEY SOUND
(EX-SLUM)
If you could perform an action to change the ecology of the planet for the benefit of human life, what would it be?
MS : Reduce the number of human beings

I struggle with this because I agree, yet I will be having at least 1 kid of my own. Thoughts from others on this?

its perhaps one of the main vibes i was getting from them weeks back and i personally strongly agree with it. yes he has kids, but i think its more a case of knowing when enough is enough rather than planting yer seeds every 9 months. technology moves forward, replaces more and more labour, jobs for everyone? we can see over crowding everywhere now.

tbh its a tricky one. the pros and cons.

Eagle Minded
But guys.
That's what the secret weapon does.
You're knocking on the door I closed today

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh my god! Michel Gondry talking about Boards of Canada. This is perfect.

Thank you Purgruv. :D

Eagle Minded
And even a fan question by the mighty Justin Broadrick 8) merci l'ami !

Posts Quantity
- - -
Last edited by Smokes on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't exist.

Posts Quantity
mono wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:Also, anyone care to research the dialogue Michel Gondry says is sampled in a BoC song from 1956, The Silent World? My guess is it's the samples heard in An Eagle in Your Mind...but who knows.

I'm interested in this as well! IMDB lists the narrator, I guess for the English dub, as one James Dugan.

probably dandelion

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada