Boc Maxima cassette origin

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Everything You Do Is A Balloon

Posts Quantity
I can't believe this thread delivered..

Gives me hope Closes or Acid Memories or something else will pop up out of thin air one day when least expected.

Dayvan Cowboy
Finally, early BoC in FLAC! I'm a lossless audio junkie, so this is a very nice day for me.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Posts Quantity
BoCset BoCset BoCset

!!!!

does anyone else find the history of how many hands this passed through and who specifically to be somewhat bogus?

Maybe the recipient of the tapes that were on eBay leaked it, and will do the same with Old Tunes.

Boqurant
I love Boc Maxima and i search for years the FLAC version. I can t believe i finally find the real one with the story behind ! i can t stop to listen to it now :lol:

I am very proud to share with the community my edited version.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge and software can do a better edited version with a better sound ?

Posts Quantity
However in the world you stumbled across this keep looking for others ! :P

Do you think the other ebay listings will surface ?

Was maxima ever released on cd? According to discogs it was?

Boqurant
I really don t know.
But i have serious doubt for the two questions...

Dayvan Cowboy
cool!
there was as whole missing chuck of chinook in there!

re: handing out tapes to friends....you do that and don't expect stuff to get copied and passed around?...you didn't think to hard about what you were doing.
its like making a mix tape for yer buddy...someone hears it and asks for a copy. you make him one.

boc are extremely good about protecting their music [geogaddi unleaked, harvest unleaked, head record unleaked]. this seems like it was all done in fun for friends. [or so the legend goes] so whatever happens with this stuff happens. it was handed out openly once.

and im REALLY thankful they did. this shit is SO SICK.
said it before and ill say it again...if this all gets released properly...ill be the first one to buck up!

*disclaimer: UNLEAKED is purely a fabricated werd. solely created to for the purposes of this post. do not be alarmed

Dayvan Cowboy
https://soundcloud.com/ziggy-starnutz/b ... a-red-moss

little cover of red moss. [more like a loop]

Eagle Minded
jlgui wrote:I love Boc Maxima and i search for years the FLAC version. I can t believe i finally find the real one with the story behind ! i can t stop to listen to it now :lol:

Maybe someone with a better knowledge and software can do a better edited version with a better sound ?

just wanted to offer a sincere thank you for this jlgui - i'm hearing things i haven't heard before ... cant stop playing it either!
cheers to you sir.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Dayvan Cowboy
paul wrote:
jlgui wrote:I love Boc Maxima and i search for years the FLAC version. I can t believe i finally find the real one with the story behind ! i can t stop to listen to it now :lol:

just wanted to offer a sincere thank you for this jlgui - i'm hearing things i haven't heard before ... cant stop playing it either!
cheers to you sir.

double that.
man theres a lot of little details that i havent heard. been listening to this since 99. and its like hearing it for the first time again.

thanks SO MUCH dude. you have no idea how freakin awesome this is.
Last edited by re-phaelam-ed on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Chinook lacks like 3 minutes of drums jam on it? :(

Boqurant
Yes this is how it was on tape and it respect exactly the original running time we can found on boc pages

Eagle Minded
So where did those 'missing' 3 minutes come from?

Sherbet Head
Moloch wrote:So where did those 'missing' 3 minutes come from?

the aquarius/chinook single?

Posts Quantity
Off topic: But I noticed that there are no hi-res BoC Maxima cassette art scans. If it's desired, I can post a scan. Just wondering.

Posts Quantity
As you can tell, I'm not the best scanner. But it's better than the current pictures.
https://anonfiles.com/file/11b4b2a7e5e4d7b34110ae5a37861d42

Posts Quantity
NEUROMUTE wrote:As you can tell, I'm not the best scanner. But it's better than the current pictures.
https://anonfiles.com/file/11b4b2a7e5e4d7b34110ae5a37861d42

vs

the fonts are obviously different :?

Posts Quantity
re-phaelam-ed wrote:cool!
there was as whole missing chuck of chinook in there!

re: handing out tapes to friends....you do that and don't expect stuff to get copied and passed around?...you didn't think to hard about what you were doing.
its like making a mix tape for yer buddy...someone hears it and asks for a copy. you make him one.

boc are extremely good about protecting their music [geogaddi unleaked, harvest unleaked, head record unleaked]. this seems like it was all done in fun for friends. [or so the legend goes] so whatever happens with this stuff happens. it was handed out openly once.

and im REALLY thankful they did. this shit is SO SICK.
said it before and ill say it again...if this all gets released properly...ill be the first one to buck up!

*disclaimer: UNLEAKED is purely a fabricated werd. solely created to for the purposes of this post. do not be alarmed

geogaddi did leak. I had it before release date, cant remember how long before release now...maybe a week or so.

Boqurant
Moloch wrote
So where did those 'missing' 3 minutes come from?

Which 3 minutes are you talking about?
I have already notice than they are two different MP3 version floating around. This two versions are exactly the same except from Chinook.
One version with Chinook lasts 4:25 and one with Chinook lasts 4:55.

On this FLAC version of the cassette, i tried to respect the original running time here : http://bocpages.org/wiki/BoC_Maxima

And the first 3 songs fit exactly. In this FLAC version Chinook that lasts 4:39 so there is not 3 min extra.

And this is not the single version which lasts 7:16...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada