Play by Numbers

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not sure that's accurate, the font weight is quite considerably darker, not within the range of the resolution of that photo.
As for the one from dropbox, that's weird ass, that's like a third version, the font is completely different. the font is clearly helvetica in the book type cover. You can see it more clearly here: http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1007/c8/5eb0c8747d8d.jpg and you can DEFINITELY see it more clearly in the file which I was sent:
It even has the glossy effect and staple marks you would get from scanning a CD cover.
However I just don't believe the track I was sent is genuine so I am wondering the source of this image. is it just a really good shoop?

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:I'm not sure that's accurate, the font weight is quite considerably darker, not within the range of the resolution of that photo.
As for the one from dropbox, that's weird ass, that's like a third version, the font is completely different. the font is clearly helvetica in the book type cover. You can see it more clearly here: http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1007/c8/5eb0c8747d8d.jpg and you can DEFINITELY see it more clearly in the file which I was sent:
It even has the glossy effect and staple marks you would get from scanning a CD cover.
However I just don't believe the track I was sent is genuine so I am wondering the source of this image. is it just a really good shoop?

That's impressive. Maybe you should upload the track? I've never seen artwork that HQ of PBN.
EDIT: Analyzing a bit of the photographic data seems that this wasn't shopped, or, at least, saved from Photoshop. Please do upload the track, even if it's unconvincing.
"What 'M' is a garden flower, whose bright orange petals-" "Yes, Sarah?" "Football." "That's it!"

Sherbet Head
NEUROMUTE wrote:
Techboy wrote:I'm not sure that's accurate, the font weight is quite considerably darker, not within the range of the resolution of that photo.

That's impressive. Maybe you should upload the track? I've never seen artwork that HQ of PBN.
EDIT: Analyzing a bit of the photographic data seems that this wasn't shopped, or, at least, saved from Photoshop. Please do upload the track, even if it's unconvincing.

yes, please upload the track!

Dayvan Cowboy
there are a few things wrong with this track and i don't want to give them all away incase they get "fixed" in time for a second "leak".
my main example is audio dropouts existing in the guitar track where they exist on r35tt, and the echo at the end isn't quite as i would expect for what this is.
but mostly it's just the quality of the track. it isn't "right", it isn't "boc".
i am pretty sure i have the identity of the leaker, also, who has a membership on this forum - I have PM'ed him.
for that reason, i will be waiting to hear from them before a leak happens. they can post it themselves and explain how they made it.

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:there are a few things wrong with this track and i don't want to give them all away incase they get "fixed" in time for a second "leak".
my main example is audio dropouts existing in the guitar track where they exist on r35tt, and the echo at the end isn't quite as i would expect for what this is.
but mostly it's just the quality of the track. it isn't "right", it isn't "boc".
i am pretty sure i have the identity of the leaker, also, who has a membership on this forum - I have PM'ed him.
for that reason, i will be waiting to hear from them before a leak happens. they can post it themselves and explain how they made it.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. That artwork is wonderful, and seems legit. The track sounds odd, but honestly, it almost sounds legitimate. THis person send you anything else?
"What 'M' is a garden flower, whose bright orange petals-" "Yes, Sarah?" "Football." "That's it!"

Sherbet Head
If this is fake (which I HAVE to assume it is, because of...yea) it is one of the few fakes I really like

I agree that it just sounds a little "off"
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Posts Quantity
nick47 wrote:If this is fake (which I HAVE to assume it is, because of...yea) it is one of the few fakes I really like

It sounds too... Bright? I don't know. I have some issues with this, but I'll wait until someone "leaks" it.

Sherbet Head
NEUROMUTE wrote:
nick47 wrote:If this is fake (which I HAVE to assume it is, because of...yea) it is one of the few fakes I really like

It sounds too... Bright? I don't know. I have some issues with this, but I'll wait until someone "leaks" it.

I know what you mean.

A certain member of the boards should be showing up eventually, letting us know that its fake :roll:
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Dayvan Cowboy
Also worth noting it was posted from PA in the US, which is not what I would expect (UK).

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:Also worth noting it was posted from PA in the US, which is not what I would expect (UK).

Disregarding that fact, is there anything you find that could make this legitimate, aside from the CD cover? I know you say there are audio flaws that you'd like to keep hidden until the full leak, but is there anything "for" this by means of authenticity?

Dayvan Cowboy
NEUROMUTE wrote:
Techboy wrote:Also worth noting it was posted from PA in the US, which is not what I would expect (UK).

Disregarding that fact, is there anything you find that could make this legitimate, aside from the CD cover? I know you say there are audio flaws that you'd like to keep hidden until the full leak, but is there anything "for" this by means of authenticity?
just the cover, really, although it could be a decent shop. it's an easy font to identify and the staples and glossy paper would take not long to do with a printer/re-scan.

and also the guitar quality is higher than i think has existed before. but ive been in contact with someone who may be able to prove me wrong on that and i'll be up to date soon i hope

Sherbet Head
Please be real. :?

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:
NEUROMUTE wrote:

just the cover, really, although it could be a decent shop. it's an easy font to identify and the staples and glossy paper would take not long to do with a printer/re-scan.

and also the guitar quality is higher than i think has existed before. but ive been in contact with someone who may be able to prove me wrong on that and i'll be up to date soon i hope

Cool, cool. Please keep us updated!

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh yeah also the mp3 description tag says something like "this should be a little clue eh". which it isnt

Posts Quantity
please be real

Dayvan Cowboy
hey I SAW YOU LOOKING AT THIS THREAD MAN
gogo server logs
PLEASE LOG IN AND CHECK YOUR PMs.

Friendly Stranger
I can't go through another fake like the Whitney Houston Remix or any of the countless others. My hope is stretching thin, and I grow increasingly suspicious with each "leak"

Eagle Minded
Techboy wrote:Oh yeah also the mp3 description tag says something like "this should be a little clue eh". which it isnt

Could you pm me the track?

Friendly Stranger
ParticleGhost wrote:
Techboy wrote:Oh yeah also the mp3 description tag says something like "this should be a little clue eh". which it isnt

Could you pm me the track?

Ditto :D

Dayvan Cowboy
no. i received this one file only - numerator - from PA on 24th nov, 2am gmt and firmly believe it is fake. I came here asking where the guy got the HQ artwork, that's all

He can post the track himself when he decides to come out from under his little anonymity cloak.

edit: to clarify i just dont think he should be given the desired effect of having me post it here and then have the community go crazy over it as if it is definitely 100% real. the reason i take uploads on rareboc is because i am pretty well versed in the fakes which are out there and would tend to know when something BS comes in.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada