Boards Of Canada - Peel Sessions Broadcast 21 July 1998

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
lumpenprol wrote:anyone care to refresh those yousendit links? I'd like to hear the different version of Happy Cycling.

Here it is again :-

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 1C01711F3B

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this. As far as I know it's the only other version of Happy Cycling besides the official one.

Sherbet Head
deadfly wrote:
lumpenprol wrote:anyone care to refresh those yousendit links? I'd like to hear the different version of Happy Cycling.

Here it is again :-

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 1C01711F3B

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this. As far as I know it's the only other version of Happy Cycling besides the official one.
thanks, i enjoy this more than the other version

Posts Quantity
Er... know this is dead in 5-6 yrs., the twoism.ers still have this file? I'm in BoC with 2 yrs and 1/2, and i - reeally - want to listen this fully!

Carryin on, w31rd numb3r.

New Seed
I'd love to hear this alternative version of happy cycling if anyone could put it up or send it to me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Eagle Minded
Rubus wrote:I'd love to hear this alternative version of happy cycling if anyone could put it up or send it to me I'd greatly appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvrslX-28o
PlacentaSand wrote:One time I listened to Geogaddi and i got scared.

Posts Quantity
Yeah it's not great is it... 'bad day' sums it up for me, especially considering how much I love the studio track.

Dayvan Cowboy
The wierd thing about Bad Day is how similar it is to the real Happy Cycling but still manages to be so "off". Wonder how many more tracks there (not just BoC) that were 90% something brilliant but got junked cos they couldn't get out of that uncanny valley.

Eagle Minded
thanks for posting the link.

despite the Bad Day reference - i actually really enjoyed this version. probably because it was my all-time fav BOC track (around 2000) and i listened to it incessantly. made sure everyone else in earshot did the same. couldn't get enough of it.

so now when i hear it i still love it, but i remember how much MORE i loved it when it was still fresh in my ears - like the first couple of hundred times i listened to it (now i am in the thousands). does that make sense?

anyway this version has enough subtle (and overt) differences that really make it 'fresh' again.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Friendly Stranger
i actually like this version just a little bit better because it actually seems like the cyclist is having a bad day. i have this under "Happy Cycling Bad Day Version" not just Bad Day, just for that reason in particular. I really don't see why this version gets so much hate at times. :?:

New Seed
So, just to confirm here no one has the actual "full" interview that Peel did with the boys, hey? Just the little precursor to the XYZ track that starts with Peel saying "...very remote is that true"

Sherbet Head
Spittal wrote:So, just to confirm here no one has the actual "full" interview that Peel did with the boys, hey? Just the little precursor to the XYZ track that starts with Peel saying "...very remote is that true"

i'd love to hear the full interview. i find it very hard to believe that a full recording isn't floating around somewhere...

Eagle Minded
northernlite wrote:
Spittal wrote:So, just to confirm here no one has the actual "full" interview that Peel did with the boys, hey? Just the little precursor to the XYZ track that starts with Peel saying "...very remote is that true"

i'd love to hear the full interview. i find it very hard to believe that a full recording isn't floating around somewhere...

Noticed on https://sites.google.com/site/wwwpeelacrescouk/home/sound-archives that someone (the website owner?) may have a reel to reel audio cassette recording of it. Turns out this someone has an ebay account http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reel-reel?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 where he's selling copies of various peel session recordings in mp3 format. I sent him a message to see if he has the full peel session with the full interview. Once I get a response I'll relay it here.

Posts Quantity
someone has to have a recording of it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dude, have you heard the new EVANESENCE?

Posts Quantity
For what it's worth, I was actually listening to the interview when it was first broadcast on the radio and I don't think there's much missing from the recording that we already have. Obviously it was a long time ago and I wasn't even a BoC fan at the time so I wasn't paying that much attention, but I don't remember it being a long interview.

Sherbet Head
deadfly wrote:For what it's worth, I was actually listening to the interview when it was first broadcast on the radio and I don't think there's much missing from the recording that we already have. Obviously it was a long time ago and I wasn't even a BoC fan at the time so I wasn't paying that much attention, but I don't remember it being a long interview.

That's really interesting

By the way, I love the Bad Day version. I can see it all perfectly- the Sun is shining, there are children playing everywhere, everybody's happy, and this cyclist is going through the city with a pissed look on his face, pushing everyone on his way while screaming "YOU BETTER FUCKING WATCH IT", as if he's found out that the band had fucked him over and he won't get any royalties for being the inspiration for a song

Posts Quantity
Najlepsiejszy wrote:
deadfly wrote:For what it's worth, I was actually listening to the interview when it was first broadcast on the radio and I don't think there's much missing from the recording that we already have. Obviously it was a long time ago and I wasn't even a BoC fan at the time so I wasn't paying that much attention, but I don't remember it being a long interview.

That's really interesting

By the way, I love the Bad Day version. I can see it all perfectly- the Sun is shining, there are children playing everywhere, everybody's happy, and this cyclist is going through the city with a pissed look on his face, pushing everyone on his way while screaming "YOU BETTER FUCKING WATCH IT", as if he's found out that the band had fucked him over and he won't get any royalties for being the inspiration for a song

haha this is great
Dude, have you heard the new EVANESENCE?

Eagle Minded
Bummer. Dead end with the Peelacres/reel-reel guy.
Thanks for that. Sadly I do not have the interview, just the 3 tracks, but I did enjoy listening to them.

Sherbet Head
ZosoCon wrote:Bummer. Dead end with the Peelacres/reel-reel guy.
Thanks for that. Sadly I do not have the interview, just the 3 tracks, but I did enjoy listening to them.

damn...

would it be possible to contact bbc regarding a copy?

Sherbet Head
northernlite wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:Bummer. Dead end with the Peelacres/reel-reel guy.

damn...

would it be possible to contact bbc regarding a copy?

lol I think that if they wanted to make Peel Sessions widely available they would have printed more CDs and vinyl of them

Eagle Minded
skam wrote:someone has to have a recording of it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

love your avatar dude :D rip Bob, legend
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada