Rate the Boards track above you

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
i appreciate sunshine recorder, it seems very dark to me. very dizzying. it reminds me of old gloomy/cloudy days walking home from high school when i was a kid. the whole atmosphere of the track seems very psychedelic.
8.0/10

Twoism

Posts Quantity
What else can I say? Classic track from a classic ep. Absolutely catchy and a track I always come back to and still enjoy it as much as I did the first time I discovered it. 10/10.

Cold Earth
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
PresidentSquidward wrote:Cold Earth

One of the more energised tracks on TH, nice arctic vibe that does its title justice. Not one of my favourite tracks from BoC, as is the case with most of Tomorrow's Harvest, but it is one of the better cuts on the album, and the halting noise at 1:53 is very cool. 7/10

Audiotrack B12

Posts Quantity
10/10
It's always been in my top 5 35t songs. Great eerie atmosphere and viciously head banging at the same time.

Oscar See Through Red Eye

Posts Quantity
Quite possibly my favorite track off of Campfire Headphase. Love everything about it, very catchy! 10/10

Dayvan Cowboy
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(

Sherbet Head
PresidentSquidward wrote:Dayvan Cowboy

Pretty unique as it seems to abruptly change at 1:43. It's gotta a nice two track in one gimmick.
8.314159265358979323......./10

Twoism (The song)
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
this track drips with nostalgia. the whole twoism album really has strong nostalgic vibes to it.

i've noticed over time that a lot of cuts and "samples" from boc's music, seems to be used again and again in different tracks. i can't help but think some of the noises i am hearing during twoism sound a lot like sounds from music has the right to children. its probably just because the use they same equipment from time to time. but i am sure most of you guys know what i mean (and i am not referring to "blueberry" playing at the end of the track, which is used on MHTRTC)

anyway. great track
7.9/10

ECHUS

Posts Quantity
Even though it's a few synth notes, it's still pretty soothing to here and can give me inspiration for an art piece, haha. I'd probably give it a 6/10 still.

Also Twoism DOES have the same background loop as Spectrum from Old Tunes. :P

Amo Bishop Roden

Eagle Minded
As with all of the other tunes, this one sounds superb with a good pair of headphones. Whenever I post on this thread, I am sure to pull up the track and listen to it as I do my writeup on it. The last time I heard this, I was at the beach.. it was enjoyable to watch literally hundreds of birds on a migration path. Even before I witnessed that, this track always reminded me of flying, soaring in such a way that you are observing the world from high above. This track is atmospheric in that sense, and it never sounds stale, for just the opposite effect happens...it always sounds fresh with each listen. Definitely a favourite of mine, it just sounds so surreal. A pleasant listening experience.

9.6 out of 10

Wildlife Analysis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVtP0ZZf6Y)

Eagle Minded
PresidentSquidward wrote:Even though it's a few synth notes, it's still pretty soothing to here and can give me inspiration for an art piece, haha. I'd probably give it a 6/10 still.

Breaking the flow of things, but I really hope this one clicks with you some day. The day it did for me it jumped from a 6 to a 10/10. No track feels like an emotional embrace quite like this one, it's truly truly stunning when your mental state is ready for it.

Posts Quantity
Wildlife Analysis is a fantastic opener. It sets the tone of a nature documentary so perfectly it's hard to describe. The synths just kind of wash over you and you are transported to a place of hesitant nostalgia. 10/10

Good Friday Remix
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Eagle Minded
When the drums kick in, you know its going to be awesome. Everything in the background sounds so wonderful. However, I actually do not like the lyrics whatsoever, but putting that aside, I totally love what I am hearing. I think that the lyrics just sour the entire thing for me. It is something I would never EVER play with people around. I just do not find the lyrics moving whatsoever. If there were an instrumental version I would rate 8/10, but since there isn't, my score for the track itself will be a 2.5/10. I am sure there are others out there that enjoy the lyrics but I cannot get down with them.

Up The March Bank (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQRqYJZ ... D9tdW&t=0s)

Boqurant

i absolutely adore this song, it perfectly captures the whole feeling of the old tunes series to me. its warm, fuzzy, and nostalgic, and one of the few tracks by them that sounds 100% like it could be from a school documentary in the 70s or 80s. nothing but good vibes from this one, 9.2/10

energy warning
Image Image Image

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:energy warning

I feel like this song should be mandatorily broadcast throughout the world but especially throughout the entire U.S. BoC should win an award for trying to help the world cognitively awaken! The woman’s voice is so warm, present, and motherly.... could listen to her voice any time ha

Sherbet Head
Casiotone wrote:energy warning

Sound's like a music70 film BoC would make. Hell it may be from the Afot era. 9/10

B04

Spoiler: show
Numerator

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:
B04

Spoiler: show
Numerator

Oh, did you miss the other thread? Numerator has effectively proven to be David Came to Mahana'im despite the weird "alternate" version of it (04B mislabeled as Numerator) online with a synth track added. (Apologies if you were joking and I didn't realise)

Anyway, audiotrack 04B is my favorite on the entire R35TT
10/10 I want to live in the forest now.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
Oh, did you miss the other thread? Numerator has effectively proven to be David Came to Mahana'im despite the weird "alternate" version of it (04B mislabeled as Numerator) online with a synth track added. (Apologies if you were joking and I didn't realise)

Anyway, audiotrack 04B is my favorite on the entire R35TT
10/10 I want to live in the forest now.

Nah the original B04 on R35T is the "Numerator" I'm talking about, not all of that mumbo jumbo on that thread which is obviously just a mislabeled David Came to Mahana'im mp3 from some old torrent.

Also since people keep forgetting to list tracks after a review I'll have do it again.
A01

Dayvan Cowboy
^Sorry for not remembering to list a track. Was too caught up in things.
What makes you think that 04B is Numerator? I know they might be similar lengths and it is definitely the kind of guitar heavy track one would expect from Play by Numbers, but there is seldom little else. I am willing to accept that the other thread was likely just a case of mislabeling, though. I was pretty convinced for a while. I am also sorry for dismissing your labeling it as such as a joke, really.

Anyway, A01 works very well as a short introductory piece, quite melodious but nothing too remarkable compared to BoC's other work. 6.9/10

Buckie High

Eagle Minded
8/10

Probably my favourite from Old Tunes 2. Absolutely divine melody. The only thing stopping this from full marks is the slightly distracting static/open hi-hat sample that persists the full 5 minutes. Other than that, she gold.

Next up: Aquarius Peel sesh version

Sherbet Head
def one of the most famous boc tracks. i really enjoy aquarius. such a heady and hypnotic track. i really enjoy the counting and samples after the 3:30 mark. in my opinion, even though this is not my favorite boc track by any means, aquarius is boc at their best. its a perfect example of their sound summed up into one track

8.9/10

skyliner

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada