Closes Vol. 1 possible cover story

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy

i'm just sayin'

Telepath
Haha, thats pretty deep. Far fetched, but I like it. I couldn't think of any reason why they would do that though, not even a silly twoism conspiracy theory. Maybe someone else could help out with that.

Also, cool that you used the twoism background color as a background color in the image (just a half tint off!). The devil is in the details!

Eagle Minded
I'm wondering if perhaps these early releases were in fact tapes with similar photocopied black and white liners just like OTv1 & 2 but they dropped in some cover art further down the line to accompany these. These covers may have even been created solely for the old website (since we don't have any evidence of them outside that, until now).
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

Sherbet Head
Surely it's just a fake cover for a non-existant release?

Posts Quantity
novayshun wrote:Surely it's just a fake cover for a non-existant release?

I'm thinking it's a fake cover created so we can never find the original copies.
P I S S

Dayvan Cowboy
TOYOTAセ&#1 wrote:

I'm thinking it's a fake cover created so we can never find the original copies.

I heard that all original copies were hidden inside copies of this:

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:
TOYOTAセ&#1 wrote:

The hunt is on.
P I S S

Dayvan Cowboy
The hunt's over. My maw's a big fan of auld Rod. Listening to closes just now, will report back.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:
TOYOTAセ&#1 wrote:

WHAAA HA HA HA HA

Sherbet Head
Techboy wrote:The hunt's over. My maw's a big fan of auld Rod. Listening to closes just now, will report back.

Is it lu$h as fuk?

Boqurant
thinking about it now, I wonder how they could have made such a high quality cover for Catalog 3 at the age of 17 before the advent of home computers

Eagle Minded
Generalchesty wrote:thinking about it now, I wonder how they could have made such a high quality cover for Catalog 3 at the age of 17 before the advent of home computers

Maybe they made it for the CD release or something?

Boqurant
23degreesdream wrote:I'm wondering if perhaps these early releases were in fact tapes with similar photocopied black and white liners just like OTv1 & 2 but they dropped in some cover art further down the line to accompany these.

But if you really think about it, Acid Memories has a full color cover and was released in 1989 without a repress.

Dayvan Cowboy
anecdote wrote:
23degreesdream wrote:I'm wondering if perhaps these early releases were in fact tapes with similar photocopied black and white liners just like OTv1 & 2 but they dropped in some cover art further down the line to accompany these.

But if you really think about it, Acid Memories has a full color cover and was released in 1989 without a repress.

was is....have you seen it? or just read about it in some discography.

Boqurant
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
anecdote wrote:

was is....have you seen it? or just read about it in some discography.

if it wasnt full color then i dont really see the point of them uploading the full color version online

New Seed
Hey, I was doing a reverse image search on the Closes Vol 1 cover and I came across this forum. The first post has a guy with a letter written in Albanian, and OP asked if anyone can translate it. I went through the rest of the posts, but I don't think anyone has posted a translation yet.

"I am very grateful to the people of Scotland for taking us in (welcoming/accepting us/ providing us with shelter) and for everything they have done for us,

"Although my wife and I will never be able to live as happily as we once did. The reason for this is because I was over there when DRITA died, when she closed her eyes for the last time."

The context is that this guy is from Kosovo, and in 1997 Kosovo was in the midst of war, with countless Albanians becoming refugees.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada