Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: Your controversial BoC opinions.

Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:18 pm

That they quit lol

Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:27 am

The Campfire Headphase is their best album. Maybe that's not too controversial, really.

Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:59 am

NineRubberCops wrote:By refusing to release their earliest material, they are denying music the ability to have children

Genuine lol.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:11 pm

Got a new one after relistening to In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country entirely for the first time in years:

Amo Bishop Roden and especially Zoetrope are amongst their very worst songs, never understood the apply for ABR, which seemed like a okay track the first time i listened to it (I already knew it was pretty popular in the fanbase), but felt more and more lazy and unimaginative (especially compared to Kid for Today on the same release) everytime i came back to it (rarely that's for sure, but it's not my fault if this track is bland).

The worst is when people say the EP is a teasing of Geogaddi or can be compared to it. Just, not at all, in fact. You better apologize to His Greatness right now, or it's you that will be send in a horrible place really out of everything.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

Oh and In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country (Edit) should have appeared instead of the original version. Fading out the track is lazy and boring.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:10 pm

Samplehunter wrote:Got a new one after relistening to In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country entirely for the first time in years:

Amo Bishop Roden and especially Zoetrope are amongst their very worst songs, never understood the apply for ABR, which seemed like a okay track the first time i listened to it (I already knew it was pretty popular in the fanbase), but felt more and more lazy and unimaginative (especially compared to Kid for Today on the same release) everytime i came back to it (rarely that's for sure, but it's not my fault if this track is bland).

The worst is when people say the EP is a teasing of Geogaddi or can be compared to it. Just, not at all, in fact. You better apologize to His Greatness right now, or it's you that will be send in a horrible place really out of everything.

I love ABR so much. I get that it doesn't offer much in terms of progression, but in reality, most BoC tracks don't. They often build their music around a singular beautiful idea, with little details evolving over the course of the track's duration. Some of these singular ideas resonate more with certain people, and ABR's just so happens to have me in a chokehold. :lol:

Definitely agree that the EP feels totally unrelated to Geogaddi, though. Obviously there are surface-level thematic similarities with the Waco/Koresh stuff, but in terms of vibe and sonics, it's a very different release.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:19 pm

Dayvan Cowboy is generic as it comes, guitar music with strings

Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:50 am

dana wrote:Dayvan Cowboy is generic as it comes, guitar music with strings
I sure hope the guitar music has strings

*ba-dum-Tss*
Post a reply