Man...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Geez. I've really been digging some of this "old" BOC stuff, whether it's legitmate or not. Especially tracks like Red Moss, Mansel, Magic Teens, Buckie High... I sure hope that fabled box set drops some day.

I think it would also be cool if BOC released a remix album like Bonobo and Tobin did. I NEED MORE MAN!

Posts Quantity
I have to agree. I just picked it all up recently and I haven't stopped listening to it.
I hope they do get round to releasing some of this music. I understand them not wanting to look backwards, but some of these tracks certainly deserve to be in the public domain.

Friendly Stranger
why do you guys want the material released if you already have it? just sayin...

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDL wrote:why do you guys want the material released if you already have it? just sayin...

I agree, since Old Tunes has been leaked for quite some time now, I would rather hear some pre-Twoism shit or totally unreleased tracks. We'll see if this box set ever sees the light of day.

It would be great to have a legit copy of that Old Tunes Box. It would be a nice package, I suppose. Must have.

That's why.

:boc:

Site Admin
SamuraiDL wrote:why do you guys want the material released if you already have it? just sayin...

Because I would like to have it with a nice package. I'd love to pay for it. And a mastered version would be great too.

Would you like to have a legit copy of Hooper Bay in spite of some mp3s?
Well I do.

Call it collector's mania...
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Ditto what Aesthetics said.

Friendly Stranger
I love the old tunes. When I listen, I feel that music like this will never appear again. It's so innocent, untainted and clearly made to be enjoyed on its own merits by the people who made it and their friends, rather than being made to sell.

I genuinely feel that you can't make music this way anymore. The Internet exposes people to stuff which affects what they do. People see other amateur work and feel that they have to compete with it - same goes for the commercial stuff. They're influenced by the abundance of music available to them on P2P.

The old tunes, BoC Maxima, Twoism... they sound like they were made for the producers alone, and I love that. Most home-grown music doesn't feel this way.

I hate the Internet.

Waz wrote:I hate the Internet.

ALT-F4

Sherbet Head
Sorry to get back on topic, but I would just like to add that "buckie high" is an incredible track, especially considering how old it could be. Think about it, we know very little about the "old tunes," principally how old they actually are. There are a number of great "old tunes" and it just makes me wonder about the other older stuff we haven't heard like the actual versions of "hooper bay," "play by numbers," and "acid memories." At least, I don't think we've heard them...

Dayvan Cowboy
Some of the tracks off those old, forgotten albums could be present on the 'old tunes' compilations... At least that's what I think Zander Two is implying. Remember how the track called 'Godever' circulating on P2P is also a track on 'Old Tunes Vol. 1'. Probably a mislabeled mp3, but still...
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

New Seed
Don't forget Forest Moon!

God
Boards of Canada
Forest Moon
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
the people

:P

Also, to get back on what Waz said:
I think this innocent sound you mention is what most fans like to hear about BoC, so it's not entirely stupid for fand wanting to hear Hooper Bay, Play by numbers, Closes etc. dont you think?

Eagle Minded
thedisavowed wrote:I sure hope that fabled box set drops some day.

Any day now :wink:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Rolling on the laughing floor

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I sure hope that fabled box set drops some day.

Any day now :wink:

2018: general new release speculation topic, page 500........
luminousdusk wrote:has anyone tried this yet?

Dear Marcus and Mike, May we have some new music to listen to please?

Regards,

All at Twoism

2021: general new release speculation topic, page 900........
phpBB [media]

*all sarcastic comparisons are not endorsed by BoC or any warp affiliate, they are simply the stated opinion of orbited insanitarium who remains hopeful but thinks we might be fucked!*
(T&Cs apply)
:wink:

Sherbet Head
We overflowed, man...

Eagle Minded
Goderich wrote:According to the band, the older compilations being circulated at the moment are quite likely to be re-released in the near future complete with their original artwork.
Peace and all the best to you,
Goderich, Hexagon Sun, Aug 2001
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Goderich wrote:According to the band, the older compilations being circulated at the moment are quite likely to be re-released in the near future complete with their original artwork.

Time is relative.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:

They'll release it next year, right? :lol:
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
You should bring up a thread where people are complaining about the wait times for Geogaddi. Four years? That's child's play compared to this
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada