Twoism meetups? Yes please!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:What do people think about an upstate NY meetup in the spring? If so, how does Ithaca sound?

Ithaca's a bit farther than I'd prefer to go, but it's nice to get out of NYC sometimes and I wouldn't rule it out. :)

Posts Quantity
I'd be down to do a US meetup. Any recommendations for the next US Meet? Arizona is an awesome state - especially being out in the middle of the desert. I'll be sure to bring some party favors :) If not AZ that's fine - just a suggestion of course.

Let's just say the sunsets here are flat out jaw dropping sometimes.

https://liveaderra.com/5-places-to-watch-the-sunset-in-phoenix-and-scottsdale/

Heh - I wonder how many people know this song (talks about clouds in Arizona)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHixChYgGRI
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Friendly Stranger

Friendly Stranger
The Peebles Island event is still on for tomorrow, rain should be done by midday.

Posts Quantity
Phoenix Arizona here - If you guys want to know a desert rat for a meet up I'm your guy :)
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Happy Cycler
I posited a Phoenix meet at Weaver's Needle back in 2017 but there wasn't a lot of interest in traveling with some of the Twoismers I mentioned it to so it never happened. If at least two others or so expressed an interest in going, I'd say make a thread/I make one officially. I'd still be interested.
mechanismj wrote:'Round these parts they would tend to be meatheads and jocks. Never could figure that out.

Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
For the record, I'd totally hit up a Twoism meetup in Phoenix provided the timing worked out for me. I'm in SoCal these days. It bites, no snow 0/10
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
Anyone in the UK want to meet up to get absolutely wasted and listen to music/watch old VHS tapes and secretly plot the revolution?

Friendly Stranger
Sl Flk wrote:Anyone in the UK want to meet up to get absolutely wasted and listen to music/watch old VHS tapes and secretly plot the revolution?

I'd be up for this! London based here.

Boqurant
Also definitely down for this - I'm in Bristol

Might be some time before a physical meet-up ;-)

You guys could always use HouseParty like the rest of the lockdown world though.

Slow down...

New Seed
I don't know yet where to post this topic but i try here.

Since its starts to be allowed again I wanted to ask if somebody-/people in Germany is interested in a Meet-Up.
I live near cologne and just thought to give it a try here. I asked on the Reddit Page also and found 2 persons.

Also, what was usually done on the other Meetups ?

Cheers
Read -The life of the Elder Zosima !

Friendly Stranger
If you're in the States and interested, I'm having a little Winter solstice celebration with a fire. The fire will be fueled by wood from a tree that was hit by lightning. This will be a very small and intimate event, most likely attended by only myself, my wife, and my child, but I thought it might be something interesting for fans here. Maybe not.

I can't imagine anyone on this forum is anywhere close to Oklahoma but if you are, drop by.

New Seed
d3v3l wrote:I'd be down to do a US meetup. Any recommendations for the next US Meet? Arizona is an awesome state - especially being out in the middle of the desert. I'll be sure to bring some party favors :) If not AZ that's fine - just a suggestion of course.

Let's just say the sunsets here are flat out jaw dropping sometimes.

https://liveaderra.com/5-places-to-watch-the-sunset-in-phoenix-and-scottsdale/

Heh - I wonder how many people know this song (talks about clouds in Arizona)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHixChYgGRI

I'm guessing the song is little fluffy clouds by the orb

Friendly Stranger
I'd be up for a meetup in the desert during a meteor shower.
I've always wanted to play Tears From the Compound Eye incredibly loud in the bottom of a canyon.

Or a Tomorrow's Harvest playing at the Trinity bomb site.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada