Dawn Chorus Kid Sample

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
It's been under our nose the entire time: https://puu.sh/tEazO/45f679f08a.mp3

(from the end of the Many Me's sketch)

phpBB [media]
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Posts Quantity
Great find!
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Boqurant
Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]

Eagle Minded
Good find, Dong Horace.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Great find. Added to bocpages!

Sherbet Head
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]

this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples

there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street

big bird buys a hooker

Eagle Minded
Fireal420 wrote:
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]

this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples

there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street

big bird buys a hooker

that is also a sample from the many me's sketch. i'll upload it later
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Dayvan Cowboy
Said it before but the more it turns out how many of their samples come from the same few sources the more it makes me respect the process of working with what they've got and getting the most out of every little thing.

Boqurant
Fireal420 wrote:

big bird buys a hooker

I'm sorry maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't hear any moaning in the track at all. I always thought it was just variations of the same "byeeee byeeee" sample throughout the song. Maybe I'm just too innocent?

Different perspectives huh? I always assumed it was just moaning from some old grumble flick. My filthy mind, for shame.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Witto wrote:
Fireal420 wrote:

big bird buys a hooker

I'm sorry maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't hear any moaning in the track at all. I always thought it was just variations of the same "byeeee byeeee" sample throughout the song. Maybe I'm just too innocent?

if you check out the link below, its for dawn chorus on youtube. i will basically just post the seconds marks in the video where you can listen and hear what sounds like a female moaning

the first time i can hear it is at the 0:47 second mark
0:47 seconds 1:00 1:06 it basically just keeps going just about every 10-20 seconds after that. i can definitely understand why it sounds like a child now that you say it though, but i think there's something about the undecipherable vocals of a female speaking that gives me the moans vibe. it sounds like a woman speaking french and getting nailed. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg0mDyelSrA

dawn chorus has a very very sadistic tone to it. whenever i hear it i immediately picture a fire-like bright orange sun breaking through a dark horizon with some type of old church tower in the background. their music has always put images of certain scenery in my head, yet there's always a feeling that goes along with the imagery, like its a mental image that somehow represents a certain longing feeling, its so hard to describe,

i guess ill go into it, since maybe some of you have it happen too. (this is off topic but the moderators will live)

its kind of like how when you picture your old memories in your head, like your first love, or your first memories of grade school or high school. the point is. you know how you get that nostalgic feeling and you can kind of go back in time with your mind. well when i listen to certain boc tracks, its like the song somehow has those feelings inside of them, and you can just kind of feel everything again by listening. like echus for example. right now i am sitting here typing this. i feel good, i am relaxed, but i will now put echus on and honestly feel a completely different sensation, its like the songs will somehow immediately transport my whole energy field into a different vibration.

and there it is, i just put on echus and feel as though i am immediately more centered, and even more relaxed that i was while typing that last statement. its amazing what music can do.

poppy seed just came on after echus and this is a completely different state of energy. its like paranoia in the forefront and relaxing sounds in the background

my profile photo to the left pretty much says it all. lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Coming out of the darkness to say that the wailing during the melody is totally the same "bye's" as in the end of the song imo. Just stretched and warped. Either way, really fucking cool find.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Boqurant
Fireal420 wrote:

dawn chorus has a very very sadistic tone to it. whenever i hear it i immediately picture a fire-like bright orange sun breaking through a dark horizon with some type of old church tower in the background. their music has always put images of certain scenery in my head, yet there's always a feeling that goes along with the imagery, like its a mental image that somehow represents a certain longing feeling, its so hard to describe,

i guess ill go into it, since maybe some of you have it happen too. (this is off topic but the moderators will live)

its kind of like how when you picture your old memories in your head, like your first love, or your first memories of grade school or high school. the point is. you know how you get that nostalgic feeling and you can kind of go back in time with your mind. well when i listen to certain boc tracks, its like the song somehow has those feelings inside of them, and you can just kind of feel everything again by listening. like echus for example. right now i am sitting here typing this. i feel good, i am relaxed, but i will now put echus on and honestly feel a completely different sensation, its like the songs will somehow immediately transport my whole energy field into a different vibration.

and there it is, i just put on echus and feel as though i am immediately more centered, and even more relaxed that i was while typing that last statement. its amazing what music can do.

poppy seed just came on after echus and this is a completely different state of energy. its like paranoia in the forefront and relaxing sounds in the background

my profile photo to the left pretty much says it all. lol

Lol, very well put man. I feel the same way with a lot of BoC's material. It really is magical how vivid their music can be.

Nova Scotia Robot
Dude, you're awesome! Great find!

Telepath
Cosmic Manta. 85 posts and already legendary.

Friendly Stranger
Also at the end of Sunshine Recorder! :)

Return to Boards of Canada