Deconstructing the artwork of Tomorrow's harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:I messed things up and accidentally banned and deleted the wrong IP :( ... We are currently working things out.

Oh dear! :shock:

I hope Matoseb didn't take that the wrong way

Friendly Stranger
Valotonin wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:I messed things up and accidentally banned and deleted the wrong IP :( ... We are currently working things out.

Oh dear! :shock:

I hope Matoseb didn't take that the wrong way

Long time no see! I'm Matoseb :D
I find the situation very funny actually! Thanks for noticing that there was something wrong with my account.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hexamerous wrote:Long time no see! I'm Matoseb :D
I find the situation very funny actually! Thanks for noticing that there was something wrong with my account.

Welcome back !
How was the holiday? :lol:

Nova Scotia Robot
"Location: Matoseb's Shack"

Hahaha. Love it. A warm place of hidden mana, white pebbles, owls and the wizard of change.

Matoseb, may the Fire King's daughter bring water to you, friend. :)

Oh course this could all just be us complying with some witness protection programme. It isn't. Or is it. No, it really isn't. Honest. No, REALLY.

OR IS IT?!?

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:Oh course this could all just be us complying with some witness protection programme. It isn't. Or is it. No, it really isn't. Honest. No, REALLY.

OR IS IT?!?

I want to find every book in a library or bookstore having to do with the witness protection program and place it in an incorrect category, somewhere else in the store. Maybe place a sticky label partially over the title, with "ordinary book" written on it.

Sorry, got sidetracked.

Friendly Stranger
On CD, one of the inner sleeves has an helicopter rotor. It could be from a Sikorsky Black Hawk.
I highlighted some similarities:
Keep in mind that they most likely rotated the image.

Dayvan Cowboy
“White cyclosa drone sound”

Dayvan Cowboy
Hexamerous wrote:On CD, one of the inner sleeves has an helicopter rotor. It could be from a Sikorsky Black Hawk.
I highlighted some similarities:
Keep in mind that they most likely rotated the image.

Close (unless you just meant the same chopper type and not the same image). Same chopper, different picture. No manipulation of the image/ flipping/ rotating etc can change the perspective like that to have the blade with the end showing in that position relative to the sky with no ground visible unfortunately.

Their image is taken from a perspective below the blades.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ignore the last comment, of course you didn't mean it was the same photo haha

I've looked through literally every google image search result for that model and can't find a match though, maybe it is hidden somewhere else like in a wartime image (without being named specifically). Focusing on the desert vibe of the majority of the album/ art, what recent conflicts were these helicopters deployed in?

Friendly Stranger
Valotonin wrote:I've looked through literally every google image search result for that model and can't find a match though, maybe it is hidden somewhere else like in a wartime image (without being named specifically). Focusing on the desert vibe of the majority of the album/ art, what recent conflicts were these helicopters deployed in?
I think the helicopter is the main part of the photo, they zoomed it a lot but it's still not very pixelated. It wouldn't be the case if it was from a warfield/landscape image with a small helicopter on it.
Should be a license-free/stock photo like the others or maybe it's a frame of a movie/documentary.

Friendly Stranger
I just found a bunch of new images from TCH. I posted them on my google doc. Got them from scans of an old Boeing flyer.

Posts Quantity
here's a new one.
It's a 70's Pontiac Firebird Formula 400.
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Friendly Stranger
WaitingFor_22 wrote:here's a new one.
It's a 70's Pontiac Firebird Formula 400.
Nice job! Added.

Sherbet Head
Hexamerous wrote:
Valotonin wrote:I've looked through literally every google image search result for that model and can't find a match though, maybe it is hidden somewhere else like in a wartime image (without being named specifically). Focusing on the desert vibe of the majority of the album/ art, what recent conflicts were these helicopters deployed in?
I think the helicopter is the main part of the photo, they zoomed it a lot but it's still not very pixelated. It wouldn't be the case if it was from a warfield/landscape image with a small helicopter on it.
Should be a license-free/stock photo like the others or maybe it's a frame of a movie/documentary.

Perhaps it's pixelated because it's a photo of an image on a video display, and the image is from a video, not a still photograph?

Friendly Stranger
I wonder if they got inspiration from the Macquarie Ridge fan video for the cover art. hmmm.

New Seed

Have not yet found the exact source but this computer looks a lot like a BMC IF800 (or clone):

Friendly Stranger
Sling wrote:Have not yet found the exact source but this computer looks a lot like a BMC IF800 (or clone):

Great, I'll take a look. And welcome aboard!

Friendly Stranger
Back at hunting those damn photos!

Spoiler: show
Bean field under cultivation, Seabrook Farm, Bridgeton, N.J.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada