Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: Unknown Music70 release on Discogs? (Boc Remii Vol. 1)

Wed May 09, 2018 7:32 pm

"Label: Peacock Records"

ok

Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 pm

luminousdusk wrote:'Telepathic workshop' tells me sunsets and reprise is not a thing

That's an error on the part of the discogs user who submitted the release. The actual tracklisting spells it correctly. Still, it is probably not official in the slightest.

Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 pm

And playtime a bit different, need to contact the user who added this

Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 pm

The compilation seems to be listed on quite a few sites, even available as a download if you take out a free trial.. and providing your card details.. Yeah...
nah.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm

luminousdusk wrote:The compilation seems to be listed on quite a few sites, even available as a download if you take out a free trial.. and providing your card details.. Yeah...
nah.

You'll find the same for many obscure discogs entries. It's a thing, for some reason, to make dodgy websites that automatically harvest data from other websites.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Ah ok. Glad I didn't go for it then cause I almost did lol

Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 pm

MadMaz wrote:And playtime a bit different, need to contact the user who added this

Did you message him? If not, I will. This has piqued my interest.

Thu May 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Really sounds like a hodge podge of some of their live material and a couple non album tracks mixed in. The tracks with symbols for names seem to line up with tracks that have unknown titles, in terms of their length.

The thirst is real...drink some brännvin to pass the time

Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Opothecary wrote:Really sounds like a hodge podge of some of their live material and a couple non album tracks mixed in. The tracks with symbols for names seem to line up with tracks that have unknown titles, in terms of their length.

The thirst is real...drink some brännvin to pass the time

That's the most likely case. Though the track lengths differ from the known recordings, including the non-album tracks at the end. And track 3 is not incorrectly labeled as The Color Of The Fire as it usually is. I think it's worth looking into, if only to debunk its worth.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase or sentence.

If it looks be good too true probably it is to.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:25 pm

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1342028764
100% genuine. Case has a couple of cracks on it but inlays are excellent condition. Shipped with full insurance. Do not submit offer unless you intend to buy! You can ask questions, but ... it is what it is. Unfortunate reason for sale ...
Anyone with a spare £1000? Maybe someone in the US can use their next stimulus check on this :wink:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:11 am

Careful, this one seems to be very easy to replicate, you can get the picture of the cover from bocpages then just adjust the aspect ratio and darken the picture a bit, then its a matter of using the same font on everything, the picture on the back cover seems easy to recreate aswell, you could probably make this on photoshop in a short time. The only thing that would be hard to do is the handwriting on the CD itself but I've already seen examples of people being able to imitate their handwriting pretty well.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 pm

ZosoCon wrote:https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1342028764
100% genuine. Case has a couple of cracks on it but inlays are excellent condition. Shipped with full insurance. Do not submit offer unless you intend to buy! You can ask questions, but ... it is what it is. Unfortunate reason for sale ...
Anyone with a spare £1000? Maybe someone in the US can use their next stimulus check on this :wink:

"100% genuine."

Well, then, I'm sold. Now I feel great dropping £1000 on something that could literally just be a burned CD of tracks entirely available online. :P

(Fefor's right... careful.)

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Anyone have £1000 to spare?

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:38 am

I am incredibly tempted to ask for photos and buy it lol. I was already crazy enough to throw 1000 at one of the og 1995 Twoism Lps

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am

Don't lol

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 am

A fool and their money are soon parted...

I sincerely hope you don't pay for this, but to each their own I guess. Good luck.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am

The thing is that even if you ask for photos you'll be shown a well made bootleg that looks like the real thing due to how easy it is to recreate. 1000 is a lot, I really hope you don't fall for this.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Don't worry, I'm not. Though I do believe it's genuine.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:38 pm

I'm not going to be the guy to say it's worth blowing $1k on a chance at this, but I will say is that if you look at some of the other releases added by the "collection archivist" account that originally submitted BoC Remii to discogs you can see the account now selling it responding as if it's the same person. This same seller also just added a test pressing of a pretty obscure 6k release (a techno duo of Phase 6 and Kasbah, aka The Cosmic Crofter and one of Christ.'s collaborators on his private 90s albums) and that's the sort of thing I'd only expect from someone who was reasonably close to that scene. I kinda want to believe...
Post a reply