Boc "Live set" footage?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Lens Larque wrote:There was the tiniest clip of a live Chinook set on the old website back in the 1990's along with the Duffy clip and all else, but I don't know what to believe.

Wait when was there footage of boc live publicly available?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
Back in the 1990's

Eagle Minded
Reach for the Thread

Dayvan Cowboy
And no one archived it/ saved the (I am assuming flash) videos?

This is really important in my opinion, especially considering the earlier thread with many of us talking about how nice it would be to even see a second of live footage, just to get a feel for their stage presence and the atmosphere of the visuals. It was clearly something they were comfortable sharing at the time, so it isn't a case of being intrusive or trying to find something they don't necessarily want to be found.

I don't mean stage presence in the traditional sense, by the way, I am sure you know what I mean.

Sherbet Head
Someone may have a copy of it.

Sherbet Head
That wasn't a video, it was a ~30 second realaudio snippet similar to those teasers for the pre-twoism songs. Nobody seems to have it saved, but if you see a boc_chinooklive1997.ram floating around on the internet somewhere then grab it because that might be it.

I made a thread about the EHX site a few years ago, there's a couple links to what's left of it and a brief description of what someone remembers that snippet sounding like here: viewtopic.php?p=252313

Also you might wanna take it easy on all these threads about trying to find the lost albums and footage of the brothers and stuff, I think too much of that sort of thing might be part of what caused them to become so reclusive lately in the first place lol
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
I really doubt they’re out there browsing Twoism. They specifically have said they stay away from reading fans’ opinions of them as much as possible. These threads are harmless, interesting, and may even lead to something being uncovered.

If there was video footage.....it would have appeared by now.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Ah Lens Larque, one of the more sophisticated trolls Twoism has been blessed with. Remember when he sent someone an OG copy of Geogaddi for free? What an odd fellow.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Ah, so this is a misinterpretation of the term "Clips" in essence?

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:Ah, so this is a misinterpretation of the term "Clips" in essence?

Yes indeed I apologize.

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:
Valotonin wrote:Ah, so this is a misinterpretation of the term "Clips" in essence?

Yes indeed I apologize.

Hey! No need to apologise. I also interpreted it that way initially.

Sherbet Head
Me too

Sherbet Head
Turns out kid for today was done in 97 before mhtrtc even came out.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:How did you come to that conclusion?

I'm guessing it's because of the Boc Maxima tape that had bonus tracks including the MASK tracks and an early version of Kid for Today.

Posts Quantity
About the Boc Maxima tape with an early version of Kid For Today tagged on to the end, do you mean this thread? viewtopic.php?t=5756 Was it ever verified? It sure would have been interesting to hear an early version.

Boqurant
dealer doesn't want to share the As Yet Untitled but with the EHX Site it's logical and surely truth

Eagle Minded
Fearless Flounder wrote:About the Boc Maxima tape with an early version of Kid For Today tagged on to the end, do you mean this thread? viewtopic.php?t=5756 Was it ever verified? It sure would have been interesting to hear an early version.
Anyone still got the pics that were embedded?

Friendly Stranger
They're available on bocpages. Here's the most interesting picture:

Next

Return to Boards of Canada