Boc "Live set" footage?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Mexicola wrote:How did you come to that conclusion?

http://web.archive.org/web/200003010213 ... ounds.html

"Kid For Today (1997) (unreleased)"
This actually may be that "Early version talked about on the maxima thread.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8551
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Am I missing something? That links to their page in March 2000, just a few months before it was released.
There's no mention anywhere of 1997 or unreleased in the title, or metadata.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 5 Nov 2017
The Boc Maxima tape with bonus tracks seems to be produced in 1997 because the Hell Interface Remix of Trapped is on here said that was released by a label (So Mask of course).
Plus in the source code Kid For Today link says: "Kid For Today (1997) (unreleased)"

It's time to put informations on Bocpages :)

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Mexicola wrote:Am I missing something? That links to their page in March 2000, just a few months before it was released.
There's no mention anywhere of 1997 or unreleased in the title, or metadata.

For some reason the archived page was archived where some text is the same color as the back round.
Just do a crtl+a and you will see extra text next to the title.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 5 Nov 2017
Oh never see with this, thanks !

No http://www.ednet.co.uk:80/~ehx/boc/records.html archived :cry:

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8551
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Ok, fair do on that one. Good sleuthing ;-)
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 May 2015
Chinook (live)

It's real! Did we know about this particular archived page before? From what I understood before, the idea that there might have been a live clip of Chinook on the old site was more of a rumour than a provable fact.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 5 Nov 2017
Omikron wrote:
Chinook (live)

It's real! Did we know about this particular archived page before? From what I understood before, the idea that there might have been a live clip of Chinook on the old site was more of a rumour than a provable fact.


"live clip of Chinook" it's just a audio like Circle, Duffy...

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 May 2015
MadMaz wrote:
Omikron wrote:
Chinook (live)

It's real! Did we know about this particular archived page before? From what I understood before, the idea that there might have been a live clip of Chinook on the old site was more of a rumour than a provable fact.


"live clip of Chinook" it's just a audio like Circle, Duffy...

I know; I meant audio clip.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Interesting, Good find Flory

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 609
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: Somewhere Else
Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Joined: 27 May 2013
Location: Suffern, New York
Jango9 wrote:like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If it pans out like that whole situation did then we might as well accept never hearing them haha

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 May 2015
Nottoolate wrote:
Jango9 wrote:like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If it pans out like that whole situation did then we might as well accept never hearing them haha

At least we would get two tracks out of it.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Jango9 wrote:Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Maybe go to the local town of where boc came from and look and search the thrift shops?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 May 2015
Flory wrote:
Jango9 wrote:Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Maybe go to the local town of where boc came from and look and search the thrift shops?

You forgot to also travel back in time 20 years.

Interestingly, there are two separate accounts of sightings of Play By Numbers CDs in record shops. It's out there somewhere. Or was.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 5 Nov 2017
I don't think the number of copies of rare release on the old site was really true...

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Omikron wrote:
Flory wrote:
Jango9 wrote:Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Maybe go to the local town of where boc came from and look and search the thrift shops?

You forgot to also travel back in time 20 years.

Interestingly, there are two separate accounts of sightings of Play By Numbers CDs in record shops. It's out there somewhere. Or was.

Who and where were these sightings.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 May 2015
It took ages to find the threads last time, but from what I can remember, two people separately recalled having seen a Play By Numbers CD in the cheap CD rack of a record shop in the same area, before they knew of BOC, with the memory only returning after seeing an image of the cover art so many years later.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8551
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Because they'd be freely available in a record store, after all. Why didn't we think of this before?!? Were they in the BOC section or sneakily hidden in amongst the Ricky Martin CDs? ;-)
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 5 Nov 2017
Interesting ! Surely in local music section :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests