BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I was right about it being later on Sunday?
ha (-:

Was the timetable actually released at the time I made that post

Dayvan Cowboy
♄ope keeper wrote:Image

June solstice

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:
♄ope keeper wrote:Image

June solstice

Yeah... :]

Sherbet Head
Oh great.. Got to get up at 5 Monday morning..

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Oh great.. Got to get up at 5 Monday morning..

To wake up in time for 9:30pm BST?
If so, are you somewhere in the pacific/east asia or was it something unrelated?
Selfish of me but I hadn't considered that BoC fans in Japan etc would have to be awake unnaturally early to hear their portion of the show.

Posts Quantity
So thrilled about this, the time schedule is perfect for me. To put BoC as one of the last of the whole broadcast makes me feel like we're going to hear very interesting stuff.
Do we know yet if there is going to be video too or is it just audio?

Dayvan Cowboy

good we have holiday

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:

To wake up in time for 9:30pm BST?
If so, are you somewhere in the pacific/east asia or was it something unrelated?

No I'm in the UK so 11pm is when it finishes then I'm up at 5.. But I won't be able to sleep with excitement.. I'm going to create a dentist appointment for Monday morning
Selfish of me but I hadn't considered that BoC fans in Japan etc would have to be awake unnaturally early to hear their portion of the show.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ottomatik wrote:Do we know yet if there is going to be video too or is it just audio?

That is still under debate really. I am 60/40 leaning more towards pure audio.

Does anyone have experience listening to/using the NTS radio site, are they strictly audio or do they often have audiovisual? If a stream including video is common, I would reconsider and lean more towards audiovisual.

Sherbet Head
Lets not rule out the possibility of an interview too!
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
I believe the original announcement stated that some segments would be including video.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Ottomatik wrote:Do we know yet if there is going to be video too or is it just audio?

Does anyone have experience listening to/using the NTS radio site, are they strictly audio or do they often have audiovisual? If a stream including video is common, I would reconsider and lean more towards audiovisual.

The email from Warp says the stream will contain videos. NTS has broadcasted concerts before, kinda similar in concept to boiler room. Aphex's field day set was streamed in full by NTS

Site Admin
drixlin wrote:I did notice that Autechre has two end caps - Friday and Sunday night - that's interesting.
They did some great radioshows on Xltronic.com more than a decade ago and they put up a great show! A great variety of styles so I don't know what to expect but I'm sure it'll be very interesting indeed.
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

The email from Warp says the stream will contain videos. NTS has broadcasted concerts before, kinda similar in concept to boiler room. Aphex's field day set was streamed in full by NTS

"Featuring over 100 hours of exclusive mixes, live sessions, videos, unreleased music and curated archive recordings as radio shows"

It's a strong possibility.

I also like the sound of "curated archive recordings ".

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:The email from Warp says the stream will contain videos. NTS has broadcasted concerts before, kinda similar in concept to boiler room. Aphex's field day set was streamed in full by NTS

SamuraiDrifter wrote:I believe the original announcement stated that some segments would be including video.

Thank you for the information. I hadn't really done my homework on the subject, really reassuring if that is the case.

I doubt we will be able to expect the full 100hrs of video unless it relies heavily on live performances.
a-are we getting a live set from BoC on video? That would certainly be something as no video exists, so those who haven't had the chance to see them on their very limited set of shows quite some time back might be able to experience it. I was around five years old the last time BoC played live to the best of my knowledge so I am included in that.

TheStatPow wrote:Lets not rule out the possibility of an interview too!

Ah, as nice as that would be, video interview really doesn't strike me as likely. Unless you are referring to an audio interview akin to the John Peel show which would be very nice indeed and not completely unrealistic to expect.

Whatever happens, I am truly excited and it is the first time in a while that I have been extremely optimistic about the prospect of new BoC without a hint of caution, which is unusual.

Eagle Minded
Nice! Sunday it is. Boards on my birthday :D

Eagle Minded
So the two Aphex slots are his Barbican 2012 live set and, apparently, the Field Day 2017 DJ set. Bit underwhelming if true, especially considering the latter is already freely available online.

OPN's slot is a recording of the Roundhouse set from a few months back. I was at that show and it was fucking brilliant, so I'll definitely be tuning in for this.

Still no idea what BoC are gonna bring to the table, but I'll be highly (and pleasantly) surprised if it's 2 hours of unheard material.

Posts Quantity
Kind of scared after seeing that AFX would do that, but atleast Autechre already confirmed a session of 89-93 tapes, as for BoC I still have no Idea what to expect, but atleast having 1 or 2 new tracks or having the old unreleased tracks from the previous live shows in HQ would be enough for me...
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Sherbet Head wrote:So the two Aphex slots are his Barbican 2012 live set and, apparently, the Field Day 2017 DJ set. Bit underwhelming if true, especially considering the latter is already freely available online.

OPN's slot is a recording of the Roundhouse set from a few months back. I was at that show and it was fucking brilliant, so I'll definitely be tuning in for this.

Still no idea what BoC are gonna bring to the table, but I'll be highly (and pleasantly) surprised if it's 2 hours of unheard material.

Where's the updates coming from for this info? Thanks for sharing!

To be honest, a proper live/soundboard play of one of BoC's old live sets would be fantastic.

Not going to lie, this post above is kind of disheartening, but if you look at AFX having so much time to fill, and the sheer quantity of his releases over the last 5-ish years....kinda makes sense his contribution would be something like this.

Still not losing hope for something amazing from the Brothers!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
More detailed information can be found here - https://www.nts.live/schedule - but it looks like they're still filling it in.

Also bear in mind there are two channels broadcasting audio simultaneously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada