BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
fefor wrote:https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/boards-of-canada-live-warp-10th-anniversary-party-05-11-1999-22nd-june-2019

oh shit, we will finally be getting that 11 minute long track in HD??

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: Actually, wait. This is Warp10 not the lighthouse party, yes?
The version we have is already pretty decent quality, but a soundboard would be pretty amazing nonetheless. I do really want a professional recording of the "marcus singing mike is singing" track.

"Societās f (genitive societātis); third declension
A union for a common purpose; society, fellowship, partnership, association, community, union; affinity."

Seems like it could be a coded way of saying 'Warp 10 Tape', with X being a roman numeral & the 10th anniversary warp show seeming like a gathering of kindred spirits. And I suppose that would go in line with Aphex releasing these past soundboards. Won't give up hope that it could be a whole new project, but I'd still be stoked for the Warp 10 tracks in high quality :)
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Yow!!

Is Societas X Tape a reference to anything in the past, or are this some new tunes?

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not sure I understand the showtimes. Clicking the BoC schedule item at 2100 Sunday takes me to the "Societas X Tape" page, displaying 2pm Sunday, which would be my local US Mountain time. But wherever this Warp10 link came from is showing me 12pm Saturday, which would be 7pm BST, which according to the schedule page should be Bonehead.

I must be reading this wrong...

Posts Quantity
Because the Warp 10 link is a different entry, its on Channel 2 scheduled for saturday.

Schedule for channel 1: https://www.nts.live/schedule/
Schedule for channel 2: https://www.nts.live/schedule/2
Last edited by fefor on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
Different channels, got it, thanks!

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:Yow!!

Is Societas X Tape a reference to anything in the past, or are this some new tunes?

I did some digging, nope. Unused words in relation to BoC and warp. This could legitimately be new material. There is a chance it is an unheard tape or compilation that they have had lying around for a while, though. Equally as interesting.

adecentman wrote:"Societās f (genitive societātis); third declension
A union for a common purpose; society, fellowship, partnership, association, community, union; affinity."

Seems like it could be a coded way of saying 'Warp 10 Tape', with X being a roman numeral & the 10th anniversary warp show seeming like a gathering of kindred spirits. And I suppose that would go in line with Aphex releasing these past soundboards. Won't give up hope that it could be a whole new project, but I'd still be stoked for the Warp 10 tracks in high quality :)

It seems strange that they would be playing the Warp 10 recordings on NTS 2 the day before, under the correct name, and then follow to play the same thing as their headline on NTS 1 the following day, as interesting an idea as that is. It is a good interpretation, though.
Last edited by Valotonin on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded

Posts Quantity
There you are! I was waiting for your reaction :mrgreen:
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Okay, I am slightly confused. There will be 2 times BoC is playing on NTS?
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:It seems strange that they would be playing the Warp 10 recordings on NTS 2 the day before, under the correct name, and then follow to play the same thing as their headline on NTS 1 the following day, as interesting an idea as that is. It is a good interpretation, though.

Hmm, true, maybe I was getting a lil ahead of myself :lol:
Well heck I'm ready for anything, bring on Societas X!
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/societas

societās
1. union for a common purpose; society, fellowship, partnership, association, community, union; affinity.
2. (metonymically) Those united for a common purpose; a company or society of such persons.
3. (by extension) A copartnership, membership, or association for trading purposes.
4. (by extension) A share or stake in a partnership or association
5. (by extension) A political league, alliance, confederacy.

Eagle Minded
fefor wrote:There you are! I was waiting for your reaction :mrgreen:

https://streamable.com/fuj93 Even my dog is getting down with the good news ;)
Last edited by Mozart on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:https://streamable.com/fuj93 Even my dog is getting down with the good news ;)

I can relate so much :lol:
Cute dog as well!

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh wow!!!!

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:
fefor wrote:There you are! I was waiting for your reaction :mrgreen:

https://streamable.com/fuj93 Even my dog is getting down with the good news ;)

Cute!
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Thanks, guys! She embodies the silliness of that old audiotrack :D I'm joking when I say this, but how fucking funny would it be if BoC did 2 hours worth of silly music like Audiotrack 09B or Audiotrack 07B? Like to completely come out of the woodwork to put on an act so peculiar that it makes your head spin. Just thinking about it makes me crack up. We've all been waiting for the move they make after Tomorrow's Harvest, none of us would be surprised if we heard somewhat dark/melancholic music and then instead they hit us with something silly instead. Hah :P

On a more serious note though, what isn't there to love for a BoC fan about this event? A few months ago, it is easy to imagine that the fans would all be hyped over one obscure like on twitter (myself included), and here we are sitting at the cusp on BoC putting on a two hour event. It feels like a reward that I feel as if I don't quite deserve, if I'm being honest - but luckily patience is usually rewarded. Very soon enough we will be getting a taste of what we will all likely be talking about for quite some time here. I know that I will be thinking about whatever goes down on Sunday for a long amount of time, probably over-analyzing it. Super excited - what a long, strange trip it has been.

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:Okay, I am slightly confused. There will be 2 times BoC is playing on NTS?

Same, confused about that comment.

Dayvan Cowboy
Either I am very tired or there is some weird subtle shit going on in that photograph banner, by the way.
It could be an artifact of the image and the shutter speed/exposure, but gosh darn, one of the people in the back is headless, not too far away from them it looks like a blurred face was manually edited to be 'nightmare fuel' material. As well as one of the faces of the kids sitting behind the stage.

Again, I could just be incredibly tired.
Going to sleep now, so you guys can analyze and let me know.

Beautiful nonetheless and I am really looking forward to the coming few days.

I've had something similar in one or two photographs I have seen/taken where it is just pattern recognition from lack of clarity and nothing else, though. This is likely a case of that.

Happy Cycler
Helios wrote:
Roswell wrote:Okay, I am slightly confused. There will be 2 times BoC is playing on NTS?

Same, confused about that comment.

There are two channels. Channel 1 has the Societas X Tape and channel 2 has the WARP10 Live show.

I also noticed there will be a couple random mix sets sprinkled over the course of the event. Particularly weirdcore, daydreaming at night, and a drone mix. I suppose anything could happen in those mixes!

Eagle Minded
https://www.societasmagica.org/

"The Societas Magica is an organization dedicated to furthering communication and exchange among scholars interested in the study of magic, both in the positive contexts of its expression as an area of necessary knowledge or religious practice (as in early modern occultism and contemporary paganism), and in its negative contexts as the substance of an accusation or condemnation (as in sorcery trials, and many philosophical and theological accounts, both early and late). The interests of our membership include, but are not limited to, the history and sociology of magic; theological, and intellectual apprehensions of magic; practices and theories of magic; and objects, artifacts and texts either qualified as magical by their creators, or forming the substance of an accusation of magic by others."

LOL

Edit: This is just a joke and there is no relation between BoC's naming of the event and this website, I just found it hilarious and it made me think a bit of Geogaddi :P
Last edited by Mozart on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada