BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:On a more serious note though, what isn't there to love for a BoC fan about this event? A few months ago, it is easy to imagine that the fans would all be hyped over one obscure like on twitter (myself included), and here we are sitting at the cusp on BoC putting on a two hour event.

It is all rather sudden. There are some users who I would have expected to be all over this that haven't showed up yet. The ones that would dissect the meaning of every tweet, every like etc. though. It would be nice to see their take on it, albeit I never really thought there was a hidden message/meaning in tweets and likes.

Posts Quantity
~~ A familiar face last seen at rockahula water park enters the discussion ~~

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Either I am very tired or there is some weird subtle shit going on in that photograph banner, by the way.
It could be an artifact of the image and the shutter speed/exposure, but gosh darn, one of the people in the back is headless, not too far away from them it looks like a blurred face was manually edited to be 'nightmare fuel' material. As well as one of the faces of the kids sitting behind the stage.

Again, I could just be incredibly tired.
Going to sleep now, so you guys can analyze and let me know.

Beautiful nonetheless and I am really looking forward to the coming few days.

I've had something similar in one or two photographs I have seen/taken where it is just pattern recognition from lack of clarity and nothing else, though. This is likely a case of that.

The blurred faces definitely reminds me a bit of the cover of MHTRTC. The guy in the white sweater in the bottom left doesn't have a head, but the shadow above almost makes it look like the silhouette of a giant head, lol. There is for sure some decompression "artifacting" going on in the image, it probably intentionally it was "pixeled down" considerably from the original. I agree with what you said about the pattern recognition, though, it definitely plays a role in messing with your brain. I keep trying to complete the picture of everyone that isn't up on the stage, my brain seems to go in aimless directions. I may be a bit too tired as well, and at the risk of sounding like a "lune," I swear if you look at the second tree (underneath the lady in red with a hat) there is an outline of a running bull with horns in the tree. That's just my imagination though, the same thing happens when looking at clouds too long. Mechanismj had a fantastic catch with the "Under the Coke Sign" comment, I missed it entirely until they mentioned it. Also the box on the left seems to vaguely remind me of the Trans Canada Highway album art.

Eagle Minded
Stoked -- also cheering on any Broadcast material

Boqurant
Wasn't sure what to expect of this event, but it is shaping up quite nicely. Is it certain the Warp10 BoC set will be complete / in better quality than what we already know? The fact we will get to listen to the set in this way is kinda a big deal for me, having missed out first time round. Oh, I have a memory of going to the ATP website in 2001 to hear live streaming of the event. To find BoC had opted out of that. So news of an old set making it into Warp30 is a pleasant surprise.

Sherbet Head
Holy shit, they've got 2 whole hours of the schedule on Sunday allocated for BoC's "Societas X tape", whatever it may happen to be. Definitely not a repeat of the Warp10 set, that only lasted about 44 minutes (and only has an hour sectioned off for it on Saturday).

Absolutely no idea what they've got in store (old or new tunes) but it's looking like it's gonna be something big!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
I set alarms on my phone. 7AM bright and early Central

Dayvan Cowboy
sloshnpecs wrote:Wasn't sure what to expect of this event, but it is shaping up quite nicely. Is it certain the Warp10 BoC set will be complete / in better quality than what we already know? The fact we will get to listen to the set in this way is kinda a big deal for me, having missed out first time round. Oh, I have a memory of going to the ATP website in 2001 to hear live streaming of the event. To find BoC had opted out of that. So news of an old set making it into Warp30 is a pleasant surprise.

I'm pretty sure that we're not going to be hearing a bootleg recording on an official Warp Records event. Not to mention we know soundboard recordings of all their performances exist. So yes, we're reasonably certain.

Eagle Minded
I wish to hear the problem they had with the delay for Telephasic Workshop in exact rendering

Dayvan Cowboy
I actually love the Warp 10 version of Telephasic Workshop, as much as or more than the album version. You get to hear the melodic side of it emphasized more.

Eagle Minded
Don’t forget there’s gonna be a bleepstore!! Maybe this will be physical!!
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
I love that bootleg! The percs on TW were sharp

Posts Quantity
Just wondering, maybe with this the two unknown tracks at the end could be getting a name reveal?
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Sherbet Head
fefor wrote:Just wondering, maybe with this the two unknown tracks at the end could be getting a name reveal?

Don't forget the other unknown track in the middle (after Happy Cycling, before Telephasic Workshop), often mislabeled as "The Color Of The Fire"!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
Oh right! totally forgot about that one
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Friendly Stranger
" WHAT A TREAT! " :!: 8)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
Timing couldn't be worse really. God is an astronaut is playing in a really small venue nearby on sunday evening. Still in doubt whether I'll go see em, I think I'll hate myself for years if I don't.

Anyway though, there must be someone on here recording the 2hour BoC thing right?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Friendly Stranger
portiss wrote:Timing couldn't be worse really. God is an astronaut is playing in a really small venue nearby on sunday evening. Still in doubt whether I'll go see em, I think I'll hate myself for years if I don't.

Anyway though, there must be someone on here recording the 2hour BoC thing right?

without a doubt there will be multiple people recording. im not saying i will, but im also not saying i wont?

maybe even a new upload from AtalantaFugiens https://www.youtube.com/user/AtalantaFugiens/ on youtube.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Societas x Tape most likely means either a new album, considering the definition of the title and its possible thematic relation to TH and maybe even IABPOITC, and an unreleased tape of some kind. When I was on South Pawl label for a small time they would often times label split EP’s/LP’s as (band name/title) x (band name/title), so in my eye, that is what I see and it seems that the live set is completely seperate from the Societas x Tape..... And if I am wrong and the whole mix title is Societas x Tape then that is also a very badass full album title as well imho... this is amazing! The best Bday weekend I will have ever had... tomorrow my two best friends and bandmates in both my bands Kevlar and Soul Slip are coming camping with me and my gf and dog and we are going to jam and record trippy electronic music around a campfire the whole weekend and also record our favorite segments from this Warp30 festival as well as streaming it the whole weekend! So pumped! Will post my tape recordings of the event as well as the recordings from my band... congratulations everyone on waiting for something awesome! I know it’s been a long wait but I am sure we will all be well satisfied come Monday! :)

Posts Quantity
fefor wrote:https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/boards-of-canada-live-warp-10th-anniversary-party-05-11-1999-22nd-june-2019

oh shit, we will finally be getting that 11 minute long track in HD??

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN :D :D :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada