BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
ParticleGhost wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:
Valotonin wrote:I am personally still convinced that it is 1995 or 1999 as I have a vinyl rip in a fairly decent format, but I have listened with my studio headphones more often than not and am torn between 1995 and 1999. Five and nine are fairly interchangable given the type of sample.

I hadn't been able to hear anything remotely resembling twenty until playing that clip a few times, it sounds like it is saying "Twenty two" repeatedly which is weird seeing as, in the full track it is clearly a 199-9/5 and I can't hear anything else. It might be an effect of the vocals and some of the background sounds for that particular section. Probably unintended, but interesting.

I get what Soul_Slip is getting at, though. sometimes the individual nuances of a particular format or machine (even if the source was originally digital) can bring out elements of a track that were previously more buried in a digital format. There are some samples that I was only able to make out previously on my cassette rips. I have never recorded any BoC to my 1/4" reels, though. Maybe I should as it sounds like you get a lot of positive listening out of it.
yes exactly... imho the tape medium can better output the actual analog field that we as humans actually perceive.... in my understanding it is the difference from a diode and circuit (digital) replicating an analog waveform to an electron (tape) physcially/“energetically” aligned with an actual peak and dip from a waveform in physical space and time as being the reason that tape can sometimes “pull” hidden nuances that are harder to perceive in the digital format.... same thing happened to me when I recorded “Darkside of the Moon” by Pink Floyd onto 1/4” reel to reel.... I am saving up for a 2” all tube Ampex studio reel to reel soon and am curious if the thicker tape width will add anything due to expanded headroom and noise shelf

2" Tube based Tape Machines don't exist, unfortunately

It does seem that way but I may just build a custom deck or find an ampex 1/2” 2 track master deck with tubes which does exist

Friendly Stranger
perhaps archive recordings of their WARP10 performance?
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
KensDreaming wrote:perhaps archive recordings of their WARP10 performance?

Or hopefully archive recordings of hooper pay, acid memories, play by numbers etc... would love to hear “Infinite Lines of Colorful Sevens”

Dayvan Cowboy
I think that if/when such a time arises as we are permitted to listen to the earlier unreleased tapes, what would come as most shocking is how many of those tracks we had already been listening to through R35TT. My pet theory is that not just some of them, but every single one of the tracks on there comes from the early unreleased tapes. It is far more likely that whoever leaked it had access to them than to obscure demo tapes/outtakes from the studio floor.

Dayvan Cowboy

Soundboard audio from previous live events would be a real treat, yes.

Welcome to Twoism, by the way. The bar has been re-opened complete with nibbles in the past few days and some of the staff are starting to take orders to give to the kitchen. It will take a while though as I think it is only 2020k on the grill at the moment and since we have spent the last few months sitting in the dark ambushing the milk float when it does its 4am rounds, there are some viciously hungry people waiting in line.

Eagle Minded
My hopes are for something completely new that we have never heard before, considering some of old snippets from their website have in fact not leaked some of those tracks... I personally highly doubt all of those older songs were completely leaked on r35tt... “Circle” is not on their as well as a few of the other website clips, so maybe a few tracks were included but for sure not all...I want to hear more of their “guitar-laden” tracks :)

Posts Quantity
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but if you download the NTS radio app you can switch on notifications specifically for the shows in this event so you don't miss the BoC part

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:My hopes are for something completely new that we have never heard before, considering some of old snippets from their website have in fact not leaked some of those tracks... I personally highly doubt all of those older songs were completely leaked on r35tt... “Circle” is not on their as well as a few of the other website clips, so maybe a few tracks were included but for sure not all...I want to hear more of their “guitar-laden” tracks :)

Most definitely not all of them and we have a lot to look forward to if/when those tapes are released. I think the vast majority of R35TT is sourced from those tapes, but that a good portion of the tracks on those tapes still remain unheard. 35 Tracks isn't enough to cover their unreleased back-catalogue as it is a minimum of 41 tracks just on the ones we know of.

What I meant originally was that I think we would be surprised to find that most if not all the tracks from R35TT are sourced randomly from the named unreleased tapes (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Closes vol. 1, Play by Numbers, Hooper bay) mentioned as opposed to being from BoC's demo-tapes and outtakes etc. My theory is that whoever leaked the Random 35 Tracks made a personal "best of" compilation from the tapes BoC circulated to friends and family.

Dayvan Cowboy
deadfly wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but if you download the NTS radio app you can switch on notifications specifically for the shows in this event so you don't miss the BoC part

Thanks! That saves me some bother of being unsure as to when BoC were playing and if I would just fall asleep waiting.
Is that purely on mobile or can it be done for a desktop also?

Posts Quantity

We need to get this one!

phpBB [media]
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Sherbet Head
I can't see the show listed that we're all patiently waiting for, what am I looking for again?
I looked in the schedule but don't know what I'm looking for..

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:I can't see the show listed that we're all patiently waiting for, what am I looking for again?
I looked in the schedule but don't know what I'm looking for..

https://wxaxrxp.net/

Or do you mean something/ some aspect of it in particular?

Sherbet Head
That's cool thanks, No it's just when I was on the NTS app looking at the schedule for next week I didn't see anything referring to warp at all

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:My hopes are for something completely new that we have never heard before, considering some of old snippets from their website have in fact not leaked some of those tracks... I personally highly doubt all of those older songs were completely leaked on r35tt... “Circle” is not on their as well as a few of the other website clips, so maybe a few tracks were included but for sure not all...I want to hear more of their “guitar-laden” tracks :)

Most definitely not all of them and we have a lot to look forward to if/when those tapes are released. I think the vast majority of R35TT is sourced from those tapes, but that a good portion of the tracks on those tapes still remain unheard. 35 Tracks isn't enough to cover their unreleased back-catalogue as it is a minimum of 41 tracks just on the ones we know of.

What I meant originally was that I think we would be surprised to find that most if not all the tracks from R35TT are sourced randomly from the named unreleased tapes (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Closes vol. 1, Play by Numbers, Hooper bay) mentioned as opposed to being from BoC's demo-tapes and outtakes etc. My theory is that whoever leaked the Random 35 Tracks made a personal "best of" compilation from the tapes BoC circulated to friends and family.
yeah i agree, 5D for sure and most likely Godever...

Eagle Minded
Looks like we're getting a Bleepstore, my doodz.

http://wxaxrxp.bleepstores.com

Nothing there yet, but if you check the page source, you'll find links to individual shops (not yet visible) for some of the artists, including our bros.

This pretty much confirms we'll be able to buy the new/unreleased BoC jams.

Ready let's go!

Posts Quantity
v nice find sherbet head

Eagle Minded
Sherbet Head wrote:Looks like we're getting a Bleepstore, my doodz.

Nothing there yet, but if you check the page source, you'll find links to individual shops (not yet visible) for some of the artists, including our bros.

Ready let's go!

That's a relief. Super good find!
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Posts Quantity
luminousdusk wrote:That's cool thanks, No it's just when I was on the NTS app looking at the schedule for next week I didn't see anything referring to warp at all

If you go into My NTS > Settings there's an option called WXAXRXP UPDATES.

Don't know if there's a desktop app.

Eagle Minded
Sherbet Head wrote:Looks like we're getting a Bleepstore, my doodz.

Ready let's go!

Yess!!! So Ecstatic!!

Eagle Minded
Digging around in the code shows that there will be a music player embedded into the pages, not uncommon for these bleepstores sites but that hopefully proves that there will be audio to play from the artist sub-sites...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada