BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
everythingyoudoisorange wrote:first hour or second hour preferred?

That's hard. Both hours were fantastic. Maybe second for me?
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
This Autechre stuff is sounding great

PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded

Friendly Stranger
Although this has admittedly been lots of fun, it seems somewhat sadistic of them to purposely not give the fans what they want. Even some of those interludes may actually turn out to be not BoC. Confirmation bias - case in point being the last track.

Happy Cycler
drhumr wrote:Although this has admittedly been lots of fun, it seems somewhat sadistic of them to purposely not give the fans what they want. Even some of those interludes may actually turn out to be not BoC. Confirmation bias - case in point being the last track.

It IS! And it's hilarious!

Sherbet Head
I just listened to that Doxa Sinistra song again and it sounds like Boards sampled something from it but I just can't put my finger on which song it is. The chord structure that begins at about 50 seconds reminds me of something. Listen to the song on YouTube.

Dayvan Cowboy
drhumr wrote:Although this has admittedly been lots of fun, it seems somewhat sadistic of them to purposely not give the fans what they want. Even some of those interludes may actually turn out to be not BoC. Confirmation bias - case in point being the last track.

I can empathise with where you are coming from, but BoC work at their own pace and likely felt obliged, or were otherwise roped in, to making a contribution to Warp30.

Warp then proceeded to use it in order to promote the event. That I feel slightly conflicted on.

However, we have a wonderful mixtape and I thoroughly enjoyed the duration. A lot of new music to find and a lot of interesting pieces to dissect. Particularly the aquarius mix.

Eagle Minded
A tweet they just fav’d: https://twitter.com/JE_Sinclair/status/ ... 0709164032

“.@boctransmission using their power for good.

Take a crowd who is convinced that every single song is going to be an unreleased BoC track, and introduce them to a bunch of wonderful artists whilst their guard is down and they aren't able to judge a book by its cover.”
preparation for a dive.

Sherbet Head

I'll probably never understand this. Maybe fans should be grateful for what they get in the first place. How on Earth is it sadistic to not give in to desires of a part of a jumpy fanbase? They are calling the shots, not the other way around.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
So, no major new works. Fine.

As Mexi got it from whatisname, it was just like a Red Moon Party tape.

Definitely some original stuff in there, but basically Hell Interface, or whatever you want to call it, manipulation of records. I could be wrong, but nothing made me think it was 100% an old tune. Hope I'm wrong but I didn't think so. Or if it was it wasn't super special, to me. Cool, but not buried treasure.

As expected then, a mix tape of fantastic music. Obscure for sure. Library stuff will be hard to pin down in some cases.

For me the last 30 minutes was what I came for. The rest was solid, especially the Slave/Illusion/Aquarius mash-up, but not exactly the special BOC emotion that the last quarter served up.

It was really cool to be back on the forum for a bit. I'm done scratching around in speculation and anticipation and whatnot really but for the real deal BOC feels this is the place. In that last 15 minutes I was at 100%.

Love and peace to you all.

Dayvan Cowboy
Okay, them liking that tweet has maybe made me slightly less clear on who it was taking slight advantage of the fans expectations.

Wonderful mixtape. Why not advertise it as such?
I don't want to be this person. I really don't.

Dayvan Cowboy
Especially the tweet, referring to BoC fans as if they are cattle or clapping seals.
I am sorry. I don't quite like that. That is marginally unkind.

Friendly Stranger
Valotonin wrote:Especially the tweet, referring to BoC fans as if they are cattle or clapping seals.

Yes, I'm getting that same exact vibe. Thank you.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Especially the tweet, referring to BoC fans as if they are cattle or clapping seals.

I had the same thoughts. We can think for ourselves; we don't need to be tricked into listening to other people's music.

Posts Quantity
whats the song at 25 minutes? thats a highlight for me
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Eagle Minded
Maybe it was a litmus test to see how this kind of stuff would be received. If taken positively, it may give them confidence to expose their more early works and incorporate these diverse influences more into future music.

Friendly Stranger
Gazebo4 wrote:

I'll probably never understand this. Maybe fans should be grateful for what they get in the first place. How on Earth is it sadistic to not give in to desires of a part of a jumpy fanbase? They are calling the shots, not the other way around.

And I'll probably never understand this. "Calling the shots"? "Jumpy fanbase"?

:lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Peacock Tail wrote:Maybe it was a litmus test to see how this kind of stuff would be received. If taken positively, it may give them confidence to expose their more early works and incorporate these diverse influences more into future music.

I do rather like the way you have found the silver lining. Thank you.
I will choose to consider it that way.

Friendly Stranger
Track starting at 1:52:35 is beautiful. 100% sure that was made a long while back, based on the production.

Just feels like an old BOC track.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada