BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
The more posts I read in this thread the more I'm convinced that we will get something of interest this weekend. I apologise for my initial negativity :D

I support Valatonin's R35TT theory. The majority of the tracks seem to be shorter cuts of the longer originals, as can be heard when they fade in/out.

New material seems more likely than old material at this point. They've not released a full track in years so I assume they've been working on something and not just dusting off the old tapes.

Posts Quantity
Expecting something similar in size to what was released for Warp10 and Warp20.

Maybe one track, or a remix of or by another Warp artist.

Maybe a track leftover from Tomorrow's Harvest sessions (there was no Japanese bonus track like there was for the other albums, maybe we could get whatever track just missed the cut).

No expectations for earlier or live stuff. They haven't shown interest in that kind of stuff in yonks.

Posts Quantity
T-shirt repress confirmed.

On a serious note, it would be a huge let down if this were only a single track. Surely, they would not flirt unkindly with our feelings like that.

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:Expecting something similar in size to what was released for Warp10 and Warp20.

Maybe a track leftover from Tomorrow's Harvest sessions (there was no Japanese bonus track like there was for the other albums, maybe we could get whatever track just missed the cut).

No expectations for earlier or live stuff. They haven't shown interest in that kind of stuff in yonks.

I do not share the same expectations considering what has been confirmed so far... lots of material and microsites with bleepstore and lots of streaming.... i do believe we will be surprised

Dayvan Cowboy
koroviev wrote:T-shirt repress confirmed.

On a serious note, it would be a huge let down if this were only a single track. Surely, they would not flirt unkindly with our feelings like that.

They promised eternal tunes, when they knew it was to soon.
When they knew that what we'd need was a double album's worth of music there

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:Expecting something similar in size to what was released for Warp10 and Warp20.

While none of us know for certain what the event will contain regarding BoC, I highly doubt we'll see merely one track considering Boards of Canada are listed first on the event and that there will be 100 hours of music.

Eagle Minded
It'll be interesting to see if a new album gets announced, or at the very least, teased.

Maybe some clues will be scattered throughout the broadcast?

Either way, I'm hyped.

Sherbet Head
deadfly wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:That's cool thanks, No it's just when I was on the NTS app looking at the schedule for next week I didn't see anything referring to warp at all

If you go into My NTS > Settings there's an option called WXAXRXP UPDATES.

Don't know if there's a desktop app.

Excellent cheers, I found it

Eagle Minded
I made the guess on the speculation thread that they are likely going to be releasing some back catalog tracks - I was half joking then, I'm less joking now...

As much as I'd love to hear some "new" material, having proper copies of their old work would be incredible.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
I would like some old tunes. Just not ones we have already heard

Dayvan Cowboy
is it bad form to pull out of a night at the pub with my pals and a shit family reunion because it clashes with this or what

Eagle Minded
Techboy wrote:is it bad form to pull out of a night at the pub with my pals and a shit family reunion because it clashes with this or what

Nah - say you've got some friends who really need your support.

I'll vouch for you :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:I would like some old tunes. Just not ones we have already heard

I would love to hear the TH B-Sides and same with Geogaddi or even that acoustic version of MHTRTC

Dayvan Cowboy
I really wish to hear the tracks that bridged the gaps between certain albums.
Particularly between Geogaddi and Campfire, but also I want to hear whether there was a point at which the light elements of Campfire and Trans Canada were intertwined with the bleakness of TH. Was there ever a point at which there was a TH track with an acoustic guitar just creeping through as if it were a small piece of nature trying to fight back?

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:acoustic version of MHTRTC

This. Even if it is just one track from the acoustic MHTRTC. I almost wish they had never mentioned it within that interview as knowing it exists is something that makes me feel like I can't have lived a truly full life until I have heard it... almost haha.

Eagle Minded
My guess is, it'll be one track from BoC specifically composed for this and then we'll hear nothing from them again for 5 or 6 years.

#pessimistlife

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:I really wish to hear the tracks that bridged the gaps between certain albums.
Particularly between Geogaddi and Campfire, but also I want to hear whether there was a point at which the light elements of Campfire and Trans Canada were intertwined with the bleakness of TH. Was there ever a point at which there was a TH track with an acoustic guitar just creeping through as if it were a small piece of nature trying to fight back?

Ah yes... same here, I read there were around 64 tracks recorded for Geogaddi

Dayvan Cowboy
IronMark wrote:My guess is, it'll be one track from BoC specifically composed for this and then we'll hear nothing from them again for 5 or 6 years.

#pessimistlife

I mean when you're a pessimist, the worst that happens is you're right, and at best you're pleasantly surprised...

But based on their Twitter activity (liking Tweets mentioning a new album, etc.) and how long it's been since we've had anything new, I'd be VERY surprised if we only got a single track from them in the next 5-6 years. I think we're going to get a new album long before then, though whether it's connected with this event, or we have to wait a little longer, has yet to be seen.

Dayvan Cowboy
Where is Opothecary? I'm very curious as to where all of this aligns with his numerology theories...

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:Where is Opothecary? I'm very curious as to where all of this aligns with his numerology theories...

There's been a slightly surprising absence of quite a few people here who I would have assumed to be particularly ecstatic about this news, but shit happens and life gets in the way. Hopefully everyone is doing well and gets the chance to experience whatever boc and the rest of the label have in store!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada