BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, we're starting to see what other artists are playing. Looks like on of Aphex Twin's slots is "Babican Hall, London, 10/10/12," while one of Autechre's is "Warp Tapes 89-93."

So it looks like both live recordings and old unreleased material are strong possibilities. I really hope we get a soundboard recording of the Warp Lighthouse Party show. And a new album.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:Not going to lie, this post above is kind of disheartening, but if you look at AFX having so much time to fill, and the sheer quantity of his releases over the last 5-ish years....kinda makes sense his contribution would be something like this.

Still not losing hope for something amazing from the Brothers!

Yeah I can't complain much since he's been releasing stuff basically every year but I was expecting some of the new tracks he has been playing live lately. I won't lose hope in BoC since I don't think they would go to such lengths to make us listen to MHTRTC and Geogaddi again :lol: I believe they will treat us something nice.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
BoC starts at 6am Monday for all the fellow east coast Aussies out there :)

Sherbet Head
Besides that I hope BoC will let us hear some new tunes. I am hoping squarepusher will finally let us hear a good version of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRikYpkazs
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Eagle Minded
I really hope we get something truly amazing and something that we absolutely have never heard before from either leaks, live gigs that have been shared already, I crave something new and fresh for my brain to gaze upon for years to come haha imho
If it is something live, I hope it is from one of their earlier shows that we have not heard yet like maybe the one with “Chinook”... would love that

Posts Quantity
A mix of new and old unreleased would be perfection. I'm thirsty for a polished version of this banger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAglAOcqy8

Dayvan Cowboy
Aphex-Twin-Peaks wrote:A mix of new and old unreleased would be perfection. I'm thirsty for a polished version of this banger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAglAOcqy8

One of my favorite unknowns, thanks for reminding me of its existence.

Anyway, Aphex has been releasing a lot recently including effectively his entire back-catalogue not that long ago so there is likely little new that he could bring to the event at the moment, especially considering the length of the slot. I wouldn't let that entirely discourage us, but don't be surprised if it is just something akin to the full original peel sessions (Xyz and Bad Day included) and a soundboard recording from a live set. That would be fantastic, actually, and a sign of activity from them and the potential for a new release.

On the flipside, they could address us all by username and claim that their new song is dedicated to us and all of our wonderful posts before performing it and mailing us a personal invitation to Hexwalker SunRanch in Calilerno for a studio tour in which a hench glasweigan fellow looking out of place in a suit (instead of a footy top) constantly tells you "no eye contact with the sandisons please, sir. Keep within the turquoise line at all times".

It wouldn't be me, though, I've said some nasty shit here :mrgreen:

Friendly Stranger

Dayvan Cowboy

IS THIS A NEW RELEASE

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:

IS THIS A NEW RELEASE

Wouldn't be BOC without some delicious mystery!

Dayvan Cowboy
I am guessing that the release is Societas X and that it will be (potentially) an audiovisual project.

Tape is ambiguous though, even in this sense, and could be referring to either audio or videotape.

This could also be a previously unnamed album/compilation from the back-catalogue.
Two hours for one title...

Happy Cycler
Societas X Tape.

I have been hoping for some unreleased old gold this whole time. The fact that the word Tape appears in there give me a warm feeling inside. Here's hoping!

This place is gonna get crazy in the next few days.

Dayvan Cowboy
Interesting use of background image.
It differs between each listing so one can only assume it was chosen by the artist.

Happy Cycler
Valotonin wrote:Interesting use of background image.
It differs between each listing so one can only assume it was chosen by the artist.

Under the Coke Sign!

Sherbet Head
ok, my hype is now gone past 10. this is gonna be awesome

Posts Quantity
File name: 7b408669-d656-47f1-8add-b9f356d21a4d_1560988800.jpeg

I'm sure it means nothing...

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Under the Coke Sign!

That is certainly notable!

Aphex-Twin-Peaks wrote:File name: 7b408669-d656-47f1-8add-b9f356d21a4d_1560988800.jpeg

I'm sure it means nothing...

I am pretty sure it doesn't mean anything. BoC are likely done with the ARG mentality as that seemed thematic to Tomorrow's Harvest. Also, it created certain unwanted side effects. I suspect this release will be fairly direct in nature.

Posts Quantity
https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/epis ... -june-2019

oh shit, we will finally be getting that 11 minute long track in HD??
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/boards-of-canada-live-warp-10th-anniversary-party-05-11-1999-22nd-june-2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: Actually, wait. This is Warp10 not the lighthouse party, yes?
The version we have is already pretty decent quality, but a soundboard would be pretty amazing nonetheless. I do really want a professional recording of the "marcus singing mike is singing" track.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
fefor wrote:https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/boards-of-canada-live-warp-10th-anniversary-party-05-11-1999-22nd-june-2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: Actually, wait. This is Warp10 not the lighthouse party, yes?
The version we have is already pretty decent quality, but a soundboard would be pretty amazing nonetheless. I do really want a professional recording of the "marcus singing mike is singing" track.

Yup, that one! the "marcus singing", while the quality we had is decent, finally getting to listen to this in full quality is bliss, lighthouse for Spiro or ATP for Echus and Track 7 would have been a dream come true aswell, but well that might have been asking too much :lol:
It makes sense that they would go for this one now since its related to Warp's anniversary.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada