Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
On the topic of samples... A great find from the BoC fb group :]

A Moment of Clarity

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
exciting_and_awful wrote:Apologies if anyone already posted this, but here's one of the samples around 28:26 in the mix.

phpBB [media]

The best use of this as a sample will always be the Wyoming Incident video. A complete hoax but eerie as fuck and the way they sampled and manipulated that ident into the soundtrack is brilliant.

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
I just want to say that you have all been doing immensely stellar work in finding sample sources recently. More have been found almost simultaneously over the last few days on here than were found in the previous few years. Keep it up.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:I just want to say that you have all been doing immensely stellar work in finding sample sources recently. More have been found almost simultaneously over the last few days on here than were found in the previous few years. Keep it up.

]

Cos we got to hear them in the kitchen innit.

Dayvan Cowboy
https://wxaxrxp.bleepstores.com/?lang=fr

Now you can sign up for WxAxRxP updates at the empty Warp bleep store. I wonder what the updates are? Anyone know?

Edit: Might just be for the AFX thing
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Most likely just for Aphex Twin, yeah, but still good catch on how they updated the blank site. You all don't miss a beat :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:Most likely just for Aphex Twin, yeah, but still good catch on how they updated the blank site. You all don't miss a beat :D

It's generally the only 'suspicious' place right now, so I made it a habit to check it everyday. :) It might not just be AFX since there's apparently a "broadcast" on Sunday and also this thing claims there's going to be a WxAxRxP mark through the rest of the year. Judging by this, they might not be done with the WxAxRxP event, but who knows what the content will be.

https://imgur.com/a/0v3eaM3

Going into BOC uber fan-mode here, but if they ended the year with some kind of announcement or hint, that would be a great end to a lousy year.

Sherbet Head
What's this about Sunday?

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:What's this about Sunday?

Oh never mind, I think this Bleepstore contest thing is old and the Sunday is referring to June 23rd. The weird thing is, it wasn't there before. At least, not that I remember since I've been checking that page out a lot.

Either that, or I'm going insane. Take your pick. :shock:

Eagle Minded
It definitely was not there before, I remember checking it 3 or 4 days ago as I've got it bookmarked to keep tabs on it. :evil:

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:this Bleepstore contest thing is old and the Sunday is referring to June 23rd.

This is correct. I don't know if the AFX competition winner was announced, but that competition was definitely running around the time of the NTS broadcasts if you signed up to the mailing list.

Dayvan Cowboy
theotherstranger wrote:
Echelon wrote:this Bleepstore contest thing is old and the Sunday is referring to June 23rd.

This is correct. I don't know if the AFX competition winner was announced, but that competition was definitely running around the time of the NTS broadcasts if you signed up to the mailing list.

It's strange that it just showed up on this blank site. I'm guessing it's some kind of glitch. I don't even know if the Bleepstore is meant to be there or not.

I actually emailed the "editor" at Warp about it and got no response.

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
I was listening to this in my car today. I poked around to see how the track list was coming along. Well done everyone.
Mozart wrote:Image

You have comedy gold right there, my friend. Now if you can get his eyes to spin. Also, every time I see your name, I can't help but be reminded of this.
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
The track after Jupiter Prophet ‎– 35,000 Feet reminds me of You Could Feel The Sky. It's so good!

Boqurant
is it me or the voice at 54:02 of societas x tape that says: "here in the wind tunnel, the fearful forces"... "and one day, we shall know" is quite similar to the one at 1:13 of "a is to b as b is to c"? maybe it's from the same movie (season of the witch)

Posts Quantity
broke wrote:is it me or the voice at 54:02 of societas x tape that says: "here in the wind tunnel, the fearful forces"... "and one day, we shall know" is quite similar to the one at 1:13 of "a is to b as b is to c"? maybe it's from the same movie (season of the witch)

Doesn't sound very similar to me. The line in Societas x Tape is a British person and Season of the Witch is American. I also checked the subtitles for Season of the Witch and it isn't in there.

Dayvan Cowboy

To fill the roll of the member with the outlandish theories, (not referring to anyone in particular, just the type of guy who comes in with probably-off predictions about the next release) maybe based on this, there is something coming in the realm of BOC and what we got was just to give us a little mystery to solve in the mean time. Like everyone else I feel the Doxa Sinistra track is key to this whole thing and we're supposed to be the detectives.

Speaking of Doxa Sinistra, it's creepy how they got an electronica track that not only sounds a bit like Boards but also has samples that seem to pertain to the mystery solving situation we're in now.

Oh and when they mentioned a woman in a red sweater, I looked on the Cement Gravel Rock photo for one. I only saw the singer in a red dress though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Image

To fill the roll of the member with the outlandish theories, (not referring to anyone in particular, just the type of guy who comes in with probably-off predictions about the next release) maybe based on this, there is something coming in the realm of BOC and what we got was just to give us a little mystery to solve in the mean time. Like everyone else I feel the Doxa Sinistra track is key to this whole thing and we're supposed to be the detectives.

Speaking of Doxa Sinistra, it's creepy how they got an electronica track that not only sounds a bit like Boards but also has samples that seem to pertain to the mystery solving situation we're in now.

Oh and when they mentioned a woman in a red sweater, I looked on the Cement Gravel Rock photo for one. I only saw the singer in a red dress though.

Sorry for the double post, but there actually is a woman in a red satin sweater, or at least a woman in a red shirt. She's up on the balcony.

Sherbet Head
"Here in the wind tunnel, the fearful forces plot their pattern by proxy. And one day, we shall know!"
That's clearly what it's saying, right? Anyone disagree?
Echelon wrote:Speaking of Doxa Sinistra, it's creepy how they got an electronica track that not only sounds a bit like Boards but also has samples that seem to pertain to the mystery solving situation we're in now.

Yeah, there's a few points on here where it seems like they're sending bizarre messages through the choice of vocals. The Orange Juice interlude, for example, could be interpreted as them taking shots at all the crappy fake BoC tracks that have showed up over the years. If you replace oranges with music and Minute Maid with Boards Of Canada it makes a lot of sense!

As a side note, I fucking love how they brought back the Old Tunes-style interlude tracks for this tape lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada