Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Moz wrote:Unidentified Kevin Shields Type track is lullaby by Taylor Laire

https://tlaire.bandcamp.com/track/lullaby

Amazing housey ambient stuff. Check it all out.

How did you just find it like that?

Posts Quantity

Wow! Loved the song.
I'd like to point out that the release date for that LP is october 2019 (after SxT). And I can't find any info on that song previous to that date.
Edit: He also has an EP named Aquarius.
Last edited by WaitingFor_22 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Eagle Minded
Had some time on my hands and for some reason thought of trying to Shazam these. This is the only one that turned up.

I also found release date interesting. They might be in contact with this fella, also there seems to be no other info around about this guy.

Eagle Minded
WaitingFor_22 wrote:Edit: He also has an EP named Aquarius.

and a track named Real Traditional

https://tlaire.bandcamp.com/album/for-y ... raditional

Sherbet Head
Woah, hold up, the track after lullaby on the Evelyn LP ("Evelyn's Dark Future") uses a sample of the old 2006 BoC website soundtrack! This is getting a bit strange now, I wonder whether this is someone who's connected with Hexagon Sun in some way or if they just sampled the SxT track directly and interpolated it into their song.

Edit: Seems like a sample from the tape. The version on SxT has the melody continue underneath the sample of the french lady talking, whereas this track cuts off (albeit with some extra reverb) right before that dialog clip would begin.

I think this is just a BoC fan who also happens to make music, we may have goofed a bit here by pre-emptively crediting them with that track. Still a pretty nice album though, I might grab a copy anyways lmao
Last edited by Jango9 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
Great find, maybe this year the entirety of the show will be fully identified? :D
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:Great find, maybe this year the entirety of the show will be fully identified? :D

It wasn't actually a find, though-- just a BoC fan who sampled Societas X and BoC.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
fefor wrote:Great find, maybe this year the entirety of the show will be fully identified? :D

It wasn't actually a find, though-- just a BoC fan who sampled Societas X and BoC.

Yeah as soon as I made that post Jango9 confirmed that it was just a sample on the Discord... :cry:
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
Societas... who knew they were into latin :P

I never listened to this tape - i'll have to try to hunt down a download somewhere. If I could find a tape to buy I would of course, buy the crap out of it though.
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Posts Quantity
d3v3l wrote:If I could find a tape to buy I would of course, buy the crap out of it though.

No physical release of this exists, it was just a radio broadcast that you could listen on the NTS website and mobile app, people have recorded the show and its up on Youtube (and some videos may include a DL link in the description)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
fefor wrote:
d3v3l wrote:If I could find a tape to buy I would of course, buy the crap out of it though.

No physical release of this exists, it was just a radio broadcast that you could listen on the NTS website and mobile app, people have recorded the show and its up on Youtube (and some videos may include a DL link in the description)

Good to know. Thanks for the nfo! :)
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Dayvan Cowboy
I just finished the Illuminatus! Trilogy recently, and I think the still-unidentified "Mother Goddess of the world" clip may have been a reference to it.

"I am the Mother. I am the Mother of all living things... I am your mother, Leviathan. I was first. I divided, and half of me became you, and the other half was your sister. And your sister grew by dividing, while you grew by remaining one. All living things except you descend from your sister, and you descend from me. I am the first transcendentally illuminated being, the mother worshipped in the matrist religion which ancient foes of the Illuminati first followed."
-Illuminatus

Happy Cycler
Mansin wrote:

How did you just find it like that?

That will explain why I got a message on social media this week from someone asking "are you Taylor Laire?" !* :lol: I had no idea who that was in reference to...

* - FYI, I'm not** - I didn't know the name until I read this thread.

** - Or am I? :wink: ***

*** - No.

New Seed
hi everyone i just found these posts while lurking the forum- this is taylor laire. i was wondering where most of my recent listens were coming from! it seems you guys have figured it out by now but yes i'm just a BoC fan with a hobby. sorry if i got your hopes up :p

thanks for the nice comments on my music

New Seed
tlaire wrote:hi everyone i just found these posts while lurking the forum- this is taylor laire. i was wondering where most of my recent listens were coming from! it seems you guys have figured it out by now but yes i'm just a BoC fan with a hobby. sorry if i got your hopes up :p

thanks for the nice comments on my music

ur music is cool

Eagle Minded
Might be a new lead on a fretless bass track, some guy in youtube comments said that it is an unreleased track by Vytas Brenner. Piano, synthesizer and proggy arangements are spot on. True or not, this guy is quality:

phpBB [media]

Boqurant
Moz wrote:Might be a new lead on a fretless bass track, some guy in youtube comments said that it is an unreleased track by Vytas Brenner. Piano, synthesizer and proggy arangements are spot on. True or not, this guy is quality:

phpBB [media]

I don't know if I buy that...just listening through his discography, there are no electronic drums, and it's all pretty "inconsistent," where the Societas track sort of sticks to the structure. There are a couple albums toward the end of his career that don't really exist online, so I guess if someone wants to track those down and check em out, that's cool, but I don't think Vytas is our guy.

Boqurant
NorthernPlastics wrote:
Moz wrote:Might be a new lead on a fretless bass track, some guy in youtube comments said that it is an unreleased track by Vytas Brenner. Piano, synthesizer and proggy arangements are spot on. True or not, this guy is quality:

phpBB [media]

I don't know if I buy that...just listening through his discography, there are no electronic drums, and it's all pretty "inconsistent," where the Societas track sort of sticks to the structure. There are a couple albums toward the end of his career that don't really exist online, so I guess if someone wants to track those down and check em out, that's cool, but I don't think Vytas is our guy.

I think all the albums can be found on soulseek. I checked out all the vinyls that wasn't uploaded to yt. Didn't check out the CDs though.

Friendly Stranger
has anyone noticed the similar sounding percussion hit in spiro and one of the unknown societas tracks?
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
Sooooo... another one down. Ambient/drone piece before fretless bass track is Carl Matthews - Gura Ma found here:
https://www.discogs.com/Carl-Matthews-E ... se/2333366

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada