Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
It's just an illusion..

Boqurant
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I disagree. I think it would be just like them to mix in a couple of unreleased tracks without labeling anything. And there’s at least one ambient track in there (the one around ~57m, right before the second radio scan) that I’d be willing to bet money is BoC.

In fact I’d argue there might be more original work in there than we think. BoC have said they have a collection of 200+ instruments and they spend hours upon hours just playing and jamming. I bet they’ve made songs of wildly varying genres and styles.

I mean I’m in a band that practices once a week and has released only one album, and we still have hundreds of hours of jam sessions recorded, playing stuff that sounds completely different - jazz, sludge metal, punk, psychedelic rock, and some totally electronic tracks we’ve put together. They’re way too different to ever be put on an album together, but if we were putting together an eclectic mixtape that showcased our influences? We might put some of those tracks in there to show the different styles those influences have led us to work with.

I think the track at 57m, which sounds undeniably BoC, was added as sort of a signature, to show that there is unreleased material on the tape, some of which might be less obvious.

well, looks like i've finally found the track at 57 min.

it's the B2 from Dreamers Cloth - The Coconut Pearl
https://www.discogs.com/Dreamers-Cloth- ... se/1744313

Eagle Minded
Oh boy. :shock:

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

This? Cause I'm not hearing it, even though I will admit they sound a little similar.

Boqurant
Mozart wrote:Oh boy. :shock:

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

This? Cause I'm not hearing it, even though I will admit they sound a little similar.

i've just uploaded it here:

https://instaud.io/3VqD

New Seed
found a Media Fire link for the full album that was uploaded in 2010, can confirm its B2 from The Coconut Pearl

Eagle Minded
Great work, @broke. Not sure why the one on Youtube seems to be different, thanks for clearing that up @unplugred.

DAMN, I was totally convinced that was the work of BoC. It kind of quashes the hope for the others a little bit, as that was a super strong contender.

Boqurant
unplugred wrote:found a Media Fire link for the full album that was uploaded in 2010, can confirm its B2 from The Coconut Pearl

ahah yeah that's where i've found it :D

Mozart wrote:Great work, @broke. Not sure why the one on Youtube seems to be different, thanks for clearing that up @unplugred.

DAMN, I was totally convinced that was the work of BoC. It kind of quashes the hope for the others a little bit, as that was a super strong contender.

i don't know, just think about it for a second: why inclunding your own tracks in a mix of tunes that actually inspired your music?

New Seed
Mozart wrote:Great work, @broke. Not sure why the one on Youtube seems to be different, thanks for clearing that up @unplugred.

the track on youtube seems to be B3. There are only 3 tracks on the b side, and side a seems to be a single track

Eagle Minded
broke wrote:i don't know, just think about it for a second: why include your own tracks in a mix of tunes that actually inspired your music?

Well, I think the track at 57m had pretty much all of us fooled. I suppose that personally I just wanted to believe it was them. How'd you find this? Awesome detective work.

Boqurant
Mozart wrote:
broke wrote:i don't know, just think about it for a second: why include your own tracks in a mix of tunes that actually inspired your music?

Well, I think the track at 57m had pretty much all of us fooled. I suppose that personally I just wanted to believe it was them. How'd you find this? Awesome detective work.

saw a youtube comment where someone mentioned that some tracks from the mixtape remembered him "dreamers cloth".
i downloaded some of his stuff with no success, then i found this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjuS3E0PUM

aaand i was pretty sure that the track was definitely from him. (also, that youtube channel is pretty weird lol)

Eagle Minded
You've totally left your mark on the history of Societas X. Outstanding research, man.

Posts Quantity
broke wrote:
well, looks like i've finally found the track at 57 min.

v nice find man

Here's an upload of the album on youtube

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
Part of me is still kind of melancholic that its not BoC. I'm sure there is someone out there that feels similarly.

Wtf is wrong with me >.<

Boqurant
Mozart wrote:Part of me is still kind of melancholic that its not BoC. I'm sure there is someone out there that feels similarly.

Wtf is wrong with me >.<

nothing! i'm pretty sure we all wanted that to be BoC :(

Eagle Minded
Dreamers Cloth / Jonas Frederiksen is a Danish new age musician who self-released tapes and CDrs on the label Relax With Nature around 2008-2010. Tomentosa Records distributed them online. Jonas' visual aesthetic closely mirrors what Sky Limousine / Josh Burke and James Ferraro were doing at the time.
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Eagle Minded
broke wrote:nothing! i'm pretty sure we all wanted that to be BoC :(

Yeah that's so true. What is interesting is that without BoC 99% of us wouldn't have been introduced to this majestic tune and the work of Dreamers Cloth, as well as many others on the mixtape. I suppose we've reached a juncture where the possibility of there being unreleased BoC is slimming down (much to my dismay, believe me). What a wild ride these past few weeks have been. Again, I couldn't be more proud of Broke and also everyone on this forum. BoC fans are incredible.

Dayvan Cowboy
broke wrote:well, looks like i've finally found the track at 57 min.

Very nice work! Can't say I'm not surprised, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Boqurant
I'm just wondering how boc found these tracks.

Boqurant
Heh, tbh I always thought track at 1:52:00 was much more likely BOC than 57:00 ... But, we'll probably learn eventually than none of it is original BOC.
all things shining

Dayvan Cowboy
Saw this on reddit. Too good not to share.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada