Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Echus cover

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 am

Hello Twoism. I wanted to challenge myself by trying to make a recreation of one of my favorite tracks, Echus. Also to have a version without a noisy crowd. I would say the chords were the hardest part of the challenge because of all the small variations Boards put in there, presumably because it was played by hands. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it.

phpBB [media]

Re: Echus cover

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:57 am

blessed

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Are you sure BOC didn't just give you the studio version of Echus and you're being modest? This is great! :D

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:53 pm

What a treat!

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Very good, nice work

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Great cover! Spot on with the synth patch there.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Echelon wrote:Are you sure BOC didn't just give you the studio version of Echus and you're being modest? This is great! :D

Seconded. This is flawless

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:57 pm

This is fantastic, you've nailed the timbre and emotion, bravo.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Amazing

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 am

wow, this is really a great recreation! any details on the synth(s) / software / patch ?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm

northernlite wrote:wow, this is really a great recreation! any details on the synth(s) / software / patch ?

I made the patch with serum. I just tried to mimic the first note from the source and then play the chords with that. It sounded quite like it, but the chords also needed something so I layered a quiet simple square with it to get the missing harmonics.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Mansin wrote:
northernlite wrote:wow, this is really a great recreation! any details on the synth(s) / software / patch ?

I made the patch with serum. I just tried to mimic the first note from the source and then play the chords with that. It sounded quite like it, but the chords also needed something so I layered a quiet simple square with it to get the missing harmonics.

Serum really is a dark horse, so capable.

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Echus just hits you right in the heart every time. You did an excellent job transcribing the chord progression & recreating the timbres/ textures. There are chords that feel open and neutral until an additional note enters the picture and somehow shifts the entire piece harmonically into that intensely heartfelt zone..

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Mansin wrote:

awesome! i love serum, it's my favorite VST by far.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 am

I tried syncing this over the original expecting to hear phasing or doubling etc. which is what you tend to get when recordings are incredibly close to each other; this is something else and the only result was that the crowd noise was reduced by 50%.

I know I posted before, but the more I listen to this, the more it is evident that the attention to detail here is surreal.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

Well that's flattering.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Sounds awesome, defo in my top 5 of theres, anyone know of any 747 covers? i have don emy own sort of reimagne of Echus check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCIlrfQJaI

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Already made a comment on the video. Here's your studio version guys.

Wanna recreate other unreleased tracks? 8)

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 am

Mansin wrote:

Did you program it all or did you use any sort of gear or midi controller? Great job by the way!
I have only covered Happy Cycling once live with my band but haven’t tried to record a multitrack yet..

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Soul_Slip wrote:
Mansin wrote:

Did you program it all or did you use any sort of gear or midi controller? Great job by the way!
I have only covered Happy Cycling once live with my band but haven’t tried to record a multitrack yet..

I basically programmed it all. I am so bad at playing instruments. :oops: :lol:
Post a reply