Short Interview blurb from Mike Sandison in boxset article

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:Our local YMCA just installed masty bright blue light LED lights in their sauna and replaced the nice relaxing warm candle light traditional bulbs.... idiots.... you get a constant headache and it is hard to relax.... anyways slow this bird down always felt out of place to me but in a good way.... that intentional uneasiness that TH was soon to be.... Skyliner and Seven Forty Seven remind me of the death of the old world and into the new dystopian wasteland of AI and drones and grid networking controlled police state haha that

Who do they hire for these decisions? It is the same in many communities I see that have been bathed in sodium light for generations, and before then, incandescent, before then, gas lamps. The community has had a comfortable yellow/golden hue at night for as long as it has been inhabited and yet the councils don't think twice about suddenly changing it out for bright ultra-white LED lighting that not only affects the entire atmosphere and aesthetic of the town, but really interferes with people's sleeping due to the high frequency.

Eagle Minded
^ It also messes up birds' sleeping schedule.

Sherbet Head
I like the direction that this thread went

Eagle Minded
I wonder what songs the brothers recorded for their second Peel Sessions?... really curious about that. Hope one day they release it.

These are incredibly sweet sentiments and quotes. Happy to read them. God, I want to hear a follow up Peel Session.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Posts Quantity
Soul_Slip wrote:I wonder what songs the brothers recorded for their second Peel Sessions?... really curious about that. Hope one day they release it.

I would say none.

My reading of the quote is that the session was never recorded, just scheduled.

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:I wonder what songs the brothers recorded for their second Peel Sessions?... really curious about that. Hope one day they release it.

I would say none.

My reading of the quote is that the session was never recorded, just scheduled.

Yeah I see that now, still curious as to what they were planning on playing...

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:King Crimson had a boxset called The Road to Red. What I would not give for a "Road to Geogaddi" or a "Road to Headphase."

In 2019, Tangerine Dream released a box set entitled "In Search of Hades" which was a reference to a track off Stratosfear.
Maybe a BOCset might be similar. "Ages of Aquarius" would be a good hypothetical name. :)

Hey-ho, lookie me bumping a three year old topic.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Echelon wrote:King Crimson had a boxset called The Road to Red. What I would not give for a "Road to Geogaddi" or a "Road to Headphase."

In 2019, Tangerine Dream released a box set entitled "In Search of Hades" which was a reference to a track off Stratosfear.
Maybe a BOCset might be similar. "Ages of Aquarius" would be a good hypothetical name. :)

To think that was 2019 and we were speculating about the bocset. 3 years later and here we are, speculating about the bocset.

I'm happy I can look back at my old posts and not cringe though. I think I actually was better poster when there was legitimately something to talk about :P How about some food for thought, BOC. My speculation atrophied since then.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Echelon wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

To think that was 2019 and we were speculating about the bocset. 3 years later and here we are, speculating about the bocset.

I'm happy I can look back at my old posts and not cringe though. I think I actually was better poster when there was legitimately something to talk about :P How about some food for thought, BOC. My speculation atrophied since then.

We've been speculating for about 17 years now at the very least. First mention of the "bocset" in February 2005 by Hexagon Sun on WATMM if the Statements from Hexagon Sun page is up to date.

Dayvan Cowboy
After hearing that term for the past 10 years, I think I would LMAO my ass off if they released a box set and actually called it a "BoCset".
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada