Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Happy Cycling - live improv cover

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Hey everyone! Here is a live improv cover of Happy Cycling yhat my band Kevlar did about a year ago at a house party... we didn’t rehearse it so we tried our best with what we had. My looper pedal broke after the second looping so I wasn’t able to play the ending lead part but I still really like it so hope you guys do too. Maybe we will record a multitrack version sometime.

phpBB [media]

Re: Happy Cycling - live improv cover

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am

Let me know what you guys think?

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 pm

sounds great

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:08 pm

drillkicker wrote:sounds great

Thanks dude!
Lol we did the vocal samples ourselves and I couldn’t find that haunting choir sample so i just played a looped augmented chord instead which seemed to suffice...

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 am

I really like how chaotic it sounds whilst at the same time having a nice atmosphere to it and performed by people who are clearly musically capable.

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks my friend! It sort of was chaotic because we played our set.. and everyone was blown away by it and they wanted more so we were trying to decide if we wanted to play some inprov or what... but then he just started playing the drum beat to it and I was like... well... we have a fender rhodes so... here we go! Let’s wing it! Lol
We are going to multitrack a few BoC covers to tape soon!
“Amo Bishop Roden”
“08A” (random 35 track tape)”
“Sixtyten”
“Chromakey Dreamcoat”
“Basefree”
“Jacquard Causeway” (attempt)
“Happy Cycling”
“Turquoise Hexagon Sun”
“Flutter” (Autechre)
“Slip (Autechre)

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:23 pm