Mike Sandison Tweet

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
If official¿ Who knows?

Golden in time
Cities under the sand
Power ideals and beauty
Fading in everyone's hands

Eagle Minded
Got to be fake in my opinion

Eagle Minded
Is there anything at all to suggest the account is legitimate? It isn't followed by BoC, Warp or Bleep which (to me at least) screams instant fake, but I know there are believers out there, so maybe I've missed some important detail?

Dayvan Cowboy
Not verified, not followed by the official BoC or Warp accounts, so I'm skeptical to say the least.

The only things the account has Tweeted are: a link to the official BoC twitter, an Incredible String Band quote, and now Joni Mitchell lyrics. Seems a little too on the nose considering both are artists they've discussed in interviews.

Maybe mdg could confirm for sure?

Posts Quantity
T-shirts do not sell themselves, folks!

Boqurant
Yes, indeed. Big brain PR moves!

Posts Quantity
Where's the link to this tweet?
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:Where's the link to this tweet?

https://twitter.com/MikeSandison/status ... 71203?s=20

Edit: for some reason I follow this account, and I don't really use twitter. I kind of think it is in fact Mike.
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Eagle Minded
realspiel wrote:Golden in time
Cities under the sand
Power ideals and beauty
Fading in everyone's hands

hate that my first thought was to immediately google GCPF, maybe a little too on the nose here lol:
https://www.gcpf.lu/

Eagle Minded
If it's really Mike Sandison, you'd have to believe one of these scenarios

1. He wants to communicate something to BoC fans but not enough that he'll take any steps to clear up the ambiguitiy over whether this is really him.

2. He doesn't want to communicate anything to the fan base, he just wants to troll them for a laugh.

I dunno about you but I'm leaning heavily towards this account not being real.

New Seed
Perhaps the intent isnt to communicate with fans? Maybe he just wants a space to talk that’s personally his, separated from boc? It just seems so pointless to be fake, it might as well be him.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll say this, usually Warp and MDG jump on this if it isn't real.

Remember when that dude on here made a BOC bandcamp as a joke and it was quickly replaced by a real one? I think the band would intervene. They're very strict when it comes to impersonators.

That said, I could imagine Mike posting this. It goes hand-in-hand with Tomorrow's Harvest and quite frankly, what's happening now.

I could be wrong but it is a very timely quote.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Dreamy words, looks like BOC to me

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Dreamy words, looks like BOC to me

If you think about BOC's ideology, their words in the interviews, their music and their choices of songs in Societas, this tweet fits in quite well.

That's why I get a genuine vibe from it. Regardless, I've got a new deep track to enjoy, a song worthy of Societas

Dayvan Cowboy
I recommend everyone just sit down with that track and think about the world and where we are right now.

For four minutes, it was sad meditative bliss. Love the way it fades out too like you're waking up from a dream. BOC in spirit, if not in sound.

This definitely helps tide me over while we wait. :D Gotta dig deeper into Joni too. Only know her from Court and Spark and Big Yellow Taxi

Eagle Minded
That whole album was great, just gave it a spin

Dayvan Cowboy
Someone should tweet Mike or "Mike" and ask him to post more recommendations. :D

Posts Quantity
https://jonimitchell.com/music/song.cfm?o=3&id=29

I've been following it but I assumed that it was probably fake. This makes me think there's more chance it's real - it seems like something they would like and it's not the sort of thing a troll would post. There's a marcuseoin account as well but there aren't any posts on it.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'll say this, usually Warp and MDG jump on this if it isn't real.

Remember when that dude on here made a BOC bandcamp as a joke and it was quickly replaced by a real one? I think the band would intervene. They're very strict when it comes to impersonators.

That said, I could imagine Mike posting this. It goes hand-in-hand with Tomorrow's Harvest and quite frankly, what's happening now.

I could be wrong but it is a very timely quote.

The thing is, if this is fake (and I believe it is) - although heavily heavily implied, this Twitter account makes no explicit claim to be Mike Sandison from BoC. They have moved swiftly on impersonators and fakes before, but usually people making actual claims to either be BoC or trying to profit from falsehoods (such as the person who claimed to have a legit copy of early works). This person isn't really causing any harm and isn't making any specific claims to be Mike Sandison from BoC.

I just can't see a member of BoC with their many mentions in interviews of having anti-globalisation and anti-homogenisation beliefs and recommending books like You Are Not A Gadget by Jaron Lanier having a personal Twitter account. I think they use Social Media when they need to for professional reasons but this? I'm skeptical.

Dayvan Cowboy
At first, I wanted the truth about this too, and I even asked. But now I'm realizing this tweet is an embodiment of how everyone has their own truth in modern day society.

If it's Mike or if it's not, I feel the emotional impact may be overlooked in the search for the truth about it. Here we have a beautiful, sad, dreamy tune worthy of Societas and no doubt a BOC influence. It also has a relevant message that's on par with previous statements they've made like Tomorrow's Harvest and certain interview quotes (though this is much more wistful and less blatantly doomy).

I'm personally going to quit my search for truth and take it at face value: A beautiful statement from a thoughtful soul. :D

Next

Return to Boards of Canada