News & Findings

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Some updates!
  • 2023-04-18 | Full digital discography option added on bandcamp (+25% OFF)
  • 2023-04-23 | That Hooper Bay leak? Yes, it was fake.
  • 2023-05-03 | Mike tweets for the first time in nearly 2,5 years. A link to their facebook page.

Some major news today!

Biznasty wrote:Do you hear that..? It's the sound of Biznasty typing up another speculation post... Brace yourselves! :shock:

Some light digging has uncovered that this new Hi Scores has a new CAT number and artwork!!!

WARPDD367

This is the first BoC-related CAT# in a decade! A simple reissue from Warp? Possibly, but something inside me doubts this. For now, it's only available as a digital download. But I suspect an immediate vinyl repressing, prior to any announcement would make too big of a splash, too soon.

A new CAT number at the very least guarantees we'll get an announcement from Warp sometime soon. Whether all that's in that announcement is Hi Scores, I don't know. Even then, that's still huge news, in my opinion. No offense to Skam, but having a singular BoC release on a different label was odd, lol. Warp finally having the last piece of the entire BoCatalogue could quite easily lead to... other older BoC releases coming to Warp.

My assumption (read: hope) is this is the first of a big campaign...

If we're still onboard for a BoCset, what better way to celebrate all their unheard material finally being released than making their entire discography available from the same place

What's odd is that it's a WARP#, not a WAP#... Makes me wonder if Hi Scores isn't the only music under that particular CAT#... Perhaps there's.... other items alongside it... perhaps inside of some... sort of.... box... :o

Lastly, 367 is pretty far above the rest of the albums coming out this year. Most of them are sitting in the 350s, which also makes me also wonder if there's several other items all in a row that were filled all at once.

source: viewtopic.php?p=313581#p313581

Threads isn't available everywhere, but BOC's found a way onto the platform and posted something.
https://www.threads.net/@boardsofcanada
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

From the BOC FB group:
I wasn't able to attend but Peter Iain Campbell (photographer and Hexagon Sun member) today gave a talk at Edinburgh Napier University about his work. I asked a good friend to go and ask about his involvement in the HS collective. He reportedly laughed, said he's still in contact with them and "yes, there's stuff to look forward to". I am happy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardso ... 848985323/
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada